1. Turtles All The Way Down - Fishing/Mount Achievement

Greetings Warmane community,

I must ask:

Has any current player RECENTLY attained the achievement in the topic? I have fished a completely ridiculous amount out of Northrend pools in the past week (Several hours, many thousands of fish) and have not attained the sea turtle. I had suspected with the x3 drop rate that it would be -easier- than retail rather than more difficult. At this point, it seems obvious that the enhanced drop rate for rare items does NOT apply to fishing, which is fine... That said, is it even possible to get the turtle through fishing at all on this server? I noticed that the sea turtle is in the Coin cash shop and just wanted to make sure it was not removed from the games traditional way of attaining it..

All sources claiming to have caught the Sea Turtle on Icecrown are either or both wildly unbelievable (I.E. I caught 7 sea turtles on all 7 of my alts in an hour!) or VERY VERY OLD. I simply wanted to know if I was wasting many hours of my day in error due to the achievement not being attainable. I am willing to accept that RNG is RNG as long as someone out there can confirm it is attainable in game, with reasonable proof. Several guildmates have been trying for the turtle (Mostly to brag after spending FAR less time than me), but they have also been met with failure...

Thank you for your consideration!

2. AFAIK the X3 rate only apply to gold, reputation and profession. And too bad, i got that mount very long time ago so I can't say whether your luck is terrible or something is wrong with the loot. In case you want to know, i got that mount when I'm doing fishing dailies (that blood pool quest in borean tundra).

3. Just a bump/update: ~6k casts into pools between two characters and so far no drop of the turtle.

Just in case jacque above was on to something, I fished out of blood pools in Borean (without the quest) to see if I'd get lucky. I only cast about 100 times into blood pools with no luck... The nice thing was, if you cast into a pool of blood and don't have the quest, you catch literally NOTHING and won't fill your bags with junk... Unfortunately, I do not know (or believe) that it will be a viable way to catch the turtle.

Once more, this is assuming the turtle drop even exists on Icecrown and I am beginning to believe it does not.

When I hit 10,000 fish out of pools (Praise be to fishing add-ons!), I will do another update here... If I get the turtle before then, I will say so as well.

4. I'm currently at 13,600+ casts and still can't catch Sea Turtle.. I'm fishing in pools of Nettlefish, Glacial Salmon and Musselback Sculpin..

5. Out of curiosity and inspired by you guys, I'm going to write myself a little program to count my clicks and key presses.
    I wonder if I can make a clickscore..

6. Just an update here,

2 weeks later, much fishing completed...

Still no sea turtle. I am thoroughly convinced that the lack of people claiming to have caught it on this thread, not witnessing a single guildy (most were convinced to try to catch it to spite me :-p) nor catching it myself is due to the sea turtle not existing in the fishing loot table.

I've been fishing in literally -every- Northrend fishing pool with the only exception being Dragonfin Angelfish... Several thousands upon thousands of fish later, still no turtle...

At this point, it's more about he achievement than the mount, but I admit to being a bit salty that it (apparently) does not exist.

7. I do not fish often but I've done my fair share of it throughout the past 3-4 months. 0 sea turtles so far.

I know they changed the drop rate not too long ago but it seems a bit off at the moment.

8. I suppose I can stop my crying now:

I received the Turtles All the Way Down achievement and mount while farming Imperial Manta Ray for guild raid food today.

I also received the Giant Sewer Rat in Dalaran pet/achievement.

A few quests which were non-functional when I started this thread are functioning now too.. It is possible that it -was- bugged but no longer is...

Or the simple explanation of RNG is RNG....

For reference:
    Fished from Imperial Manta Ray School in Dragonblight
    Using: Kalu'Ak fishing pole and the +75 buff from fishing hat +5 fishing from hat itself, my fishing was 560 total.

A guildmate suggested that higher fishing increases the chances of the turtle... This was contrary to my research, but I figured ... Why not? ...

Again, I have no information as to what impacted the result (if anything other than RNG did, in fact, impact the result), but as of today I can confirm the turtle exists.

Edit: Math is hard.

9. So that's like, roughly, 20.000 catches and only one turtle, which means (1/20.000=0,00005) it's one awful chance?
    I did my share too, almost 5.000, so if I catch it from my next cast, it would mean 1/5000=0,0002 for me. What in the world... !?
    Edited: February 8, 2018 Reason: 585 fishing.

10. That looks broken to me, brah. I remember people catching it way before even 1.000 fish achievement.

11. I suppose I can stop my crying now:

I received the Turtles All the Way Down achievement and mount while farming Imperial Manta Ray for guild raid food today.

A few quests which were non-functional when I started this thread are functioning now too.. It is possible that it -was- bugged but no longer is...

For reference:
    Using: Kalu'Ak fishing pole and the +75 buff from fishing hat +5 fishing from hat itself, my fishing was 560 total.

A guildmate suggested that higher fishing increases the chances of the turtle... This was contrary to my research, but I figured ... Why not? ...

Again, I have no information as to what impacted the result (if anything other than RNG did, in fact, impact the result), but as of today I can confirm the turtle exists.

I have one question for all of you, I play on Lordaeron Realm Wotlk and would like to achieve"Turtles All the Way Down" I see one Bug report dismissed 3 months ago and one unconfirmed from 1 year ago. We all need to address this issue to be fixed or looked into or have it confirmed that it is working as intended. I know the drop rate was very low on retail. The Sea Turtle Mount is available on the Warmane Marketplace, but I would love to earn my achievement.
    Edited: February 28, 2018

12. I suppose I can stop my crying now:

For reference:

You are a very Lucky Duck, Do you play on Icecrown or Lordaeron Realm? I know the drop rate was low on retail. Does a server restart maybe effect that. I know certain Npc's and recipes only respawn after a server restart on Lordaeron. My husband and I are working on Kalu'Ak rep for Kalu'Ak fishing pole and Pengu Pet. and Sea Turtle. We do use +100 buff from Sharpened Fish Hooks and will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the tips Silver183 :D and Pray to the Turtle Gods for help.
    Edited: February 28, 2018

13. I fished it on 3 characters so far, totaling to about 4 hours of constant casting. So the drop rate is fairly decent. It's if you get lucky. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

14. I fished it on 3 characters so far, totaling to about 4 hours of constant casting. So the drop rate is fairly decent. It's if you get lucky. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Hi, May I ask what server you play on?

15. After over 15k+ casts trying to catch Fishing Turtle, I finnaly caught it today! Got in at Grizzly Hills Glacial Salmon school, server Icecrown. 450/450 fishing skill + 40 from rod, no lure.

12 Last