1. So you finnaly take out some numbers and you show us that except in the worst case you find (missing the last Tic of the DFO and having a 15sec buffer to get it proc. DFO is always better then Muradin interms of SP proc.

Lucky for us the question of the author was "for the trinkets is [Dislodged Foreign Object] nm more optimal than the [Muradin's Spyglass] hc in term of SP gaine"

So we was speaking about SP gain.

You don't lose the stacks on Sindra nor LK unless you miss--played. As long as you keep LB ticking you are just fine.
    I was just reacting to your comment that DFO is looser against the Muradin in fights which have down time. I was just telling you that DFO actually gain from down times if they are not a lot, you actually have more chance to be on icd when downtime come. And when you are on icd you reduce the time of actual fight where you are not on proc.

The only thing you show is a made up number of spells and assumptions that will vary by players depending on their gear and encounters.
    "unless you miss--played" encounter don't vary that much as Fire mage, your range is so huge, that spells as blink etc are clearly not always to use.

A SP gain don't vary depending on the gear. Yes the haste amount do but I taked on purpose a 2sec cast and 1.25 gcd which are avarage numbers, a well-geared mage will have less casting time then that.

If you have to choose between DFO and Muradin's there's a high chance your gear favors crit much more than haste, pushing Muradin's miles ahead considering stat weights.
    As I said it's mostly depend on your gear, you just say the same thing. For a newly fire mage who miss crit Muradin is more op view to the crit gain, for a mage which have a good start of fire gear and so more then 48-49% crit, this apport isn't mandatory so he can have use to take the haste from the DFO in order to reach some caps.

To my mind the point you forget, in term of SP gain, is the fact DFO have a ramp SP bonus, which up really really high.
    In a spec where you have Combustion that point have an huge value in term of damages output. And it's because in my mind DFO have way more value for a fire mage then the Muradin (one more time except if it is a real lack of crit).

A DFO properly used, with a combution between the 7th and 10th stack of the trinket, is really game changer. It will get you such a burst that it will influence your DPS for the whole fight.

Tiny.
    Edited: January 22, 2018

2. So you finnaly take out some numbers and you show us that except in the worst case you find (missing the last Tic of the DFO and having a 15sec buffer to get it proc. DFO is always better then Muradin interms of SP proc.
    No. It grants less if you miss any but the first or second tick on a 10s+ time to proc. And starts fading quite sooner if you fail to use it's full potential at the end.

To my mind the point you forget, in term of SP gain, is the fact DFO have a ramp SP bonus, which up really really high.
    In a spec where you have Combustion that point have an huge value in term of damages output. And it's because in my mind DFO have way more value for a fire mage then the Muradin (one more time except if it is a real lack of crit).

A DFO properly used, with a combution between the 7th and 10th stack of the trinket, is really game changer. It will get you such a burst that it will influence your DPS for the whole fight.
    I guess you are over-valueing it by a quadrillion percent.

I took the first WoL-Log that came to my mind. That 7k damage increase with almost 1.1k additional spellpower (quad core is up too...) is really game changing.

DFO is also not the main trinket proc the OP should look out for. He's also running PotNL, which is more relevant in terms of DPS. And syncing both trinkets with Combustion and possibly MI mid-fight is absolutely unrealistic unless you hold yourself back from using your CDs. In this case there is like a 100% chance you will miss out on an entire useage.
    Edited: January 22, 2018

First 12