1. Remove Need for BoE Items

I would like to propose that the Need option be removed when rolling on BoE items and have Greed/Disenchant be the only choices.

To lose out on an epic BoE item that sells for a bunch of gold solely because I can't equip said item is a bit silly.

An epic BoE plate boots just dropped and the only person who could roll on it was our warrior tank. He had no intention of wearing it (his words) and was basically gifted a cool 1k gold (obviously, this assumes it sells on the AH).

I don't see why BoE gear should be restricted to only those who can wear it.

Thanks for your consideration.

2. some people might actually need the gear. no reason to change it just so you can make some extra gold.

3. This doesn't sound right.

I was under the impression that BOE's were rollable by anyone when the default loot option is set. I think disenchant is awful waste of a boe that sells for gold that could net you more abyss crystals than 1 and burn an item.

A current issue is people can need on stuff that only they can wear even if it isn't an ugprade for them like a druid rolling need on a dagger even if he uses a polearm but wants it so he can sell it to vendor or DE it without rolling DE on it / greed because it automatically needs before greed of course.

BOE's on the other hand, anyone can roll need on them. Whether that is ninja or not, Idk. I thought BOE's were free roll in RDF HC, but some people kicked me other day for that, when someone DEd something worth way more than an abyss crystal.

I honestly can't find an official rule on this and so I tend to think, if you are with people needing stuff they don't need, you leave the group and don't play with them if it's RDF, but I don't know what warrants ban or not anymore because i've reported people for this and like 1/5 times they got banned.

4. There's a reason the people who make the party can choose between "Group Loot" and "Need before Greed" as a method of loot distribution.

And let me get this straight, because some people abuse the Need before Greed system, you want people who can equip and use that item to lose out on it because of a greedy person who wants to "Need" it for greedy reasons? Very fair

5. There's a reason the people who make the party can choose between "Group Loot" and "Need before Greed" as a method of loot distribution.

And let me get this straight, because some people abuse the Need before Greed system, you want people who can equip and use that item to lose out on it because of a greedy person who wants to "Need" it for greedy reasons? Very fair
    I see where you're going with this, and I'd be inclined to agree, except that Group Loot has its own issues, within the context you're describing.

I'm still in favor of NbG for BoP items. A mage shouldn't be able to roll need on a BoP item they cannot wear. Allowing them to do so only encourages griefing. In Group Loot, the mage's only reason for rolling on that item would be to vendor/DE the item. That's the definition of greed.

BoE items, however, don't become immediately soulbound and can be transferred/sold. Who is to say that I don't need that item for an alt of mine? That's the point of BoE items -- anyone can loot them and then give it to another character.

Restricting BoE items in NbG to only those who can utilize the item defeats the whole point of them being BoE in the first place.

6. Whats the difference between looting an item you can use, and trading it for one you can use? Nothing because the end result is the same. Even if they choose to keep the gold; the inherent value is equal. That's why everyone should just roll need on BOE's and anyone who disagrees a greedy hypocrite who lacks understanding. Just like what you described.

Now if you're saying that the system doesn't allow other classes to roll on it then that needs to be changed and I wasn't aware of that.

7. Whats the difference between looting an item you can use, and trading it for one you can use? Nothing because the end result is the same. Even if they choose to keep the gold; the inherent value is equal. That's why everyone should just roll need on BOE's and anyone who disagrees a greedy hypocrite who lacks understanding. Just like what you described.

Now if you're saying that the system doesn't allow other classes to roll on it then that needs to be changed and I wasn't aware of that.
    This is exactly how it works and there is no issue. What would be worse is people being not able to need on BoE's and people disenchanting items worth 1k + gold for a crappy abyss crystal.

RDF though is different because you can need on items that other classes can't even if it's not an upgrade for you to personally DE.

8. Whats the difference between looting an item you can use, and trading it for one you can use? Nothing because the end result is the same. Even if they choose to keep the gold; the inherent value is equal. That's why everyone should just roll need on BOE's and anyone who disagrees a greedy hypocrite who lacks understanding. Just like what you described.

I agree that everyone should roll Need on BoEs except the current Need Before Greed system doesn't allow that. In NbG, you can only roll Need on items you can actually equip.

9. This is exactly how it works and there is no issue. What would be worse is people being not able to need on BoE's and people disenchanting items worth 1k + gold for a crappy abyss crystal.
    If someone wants to DE an expensive item to get a less expensive item, that's their choice, but at least they would have that choice. Presently, they do not.

10. I would like to propose that the Need option be removed when rolling on BoE items and have Greed/Disenchant be the only choices.
    You are aware that Greed and Disenchant rolls compete with each other, don't you? Do you know what sort of reactions would happen if someone really wanted an item because it's an upgrade for them, but instead it got disenchanted because they couldn't need roll?

To lose out on an epic BoE item that sells for a bunch of gold solely because I can't equip said item is a bit silly.
    Many people in the community believe that someone who can actually use the item take priority over your Auction House profits. That's how things are.

An epic BoE plate boots just dropped and the only person who could roll on it was our warrior tank. He had no intention of wearing it (his words) and was basically gifted a cool 1k gold (obviously, this assumes it sells on the AH).
    This happens for all armor types.

I don't see why BoE gear should be restricted to only those who can wear it.
    I think the better question is: Why shouldn't it be?

BoE items, however, don't become immediately soulbound and can be transferred/sold. Who is to say that I don't need that item for an alt of mine? That's the point of BoE items -- anyone can loot them and then give it to another character.
    That is often at the discretion of the group leader. And I believe that it should be.

If the rolls are not being handled by the group leader, then everyone just need rolling on the item effectively puts into place what you're asking for, without the risk of the item being disenchant rolled.

If someone wants to DE an expensive item to get a less expensive item, that's their choice, but at least they would have that choice. Presently, they do not.
    If they are enchanters, they will still have that choice. If they are not enchanters, then they don't have any business rolling need on the item for disenchanting. People are not entitled to griefing, either.

The suggestion is declined. If you want to have a discussion about this, then feel free to open up a thread for it in the appropriate forum section.