1. if something like this happens, i'd rather see them scale certain items down, than to have a "you can't wear this here" kind of system. that way people don't have to go out and get a different gear set just to be able to continue doing what they've always done.
    A scaled down version have been proposed on Blackrock forum. Tbh they just finished talking specially about SM (nerdraging). A scaled down version from my point of view is more work since you need to rework every single 284 item. What I proposed is more general I think and easier to implement and less line code working (less work the for developer team and less stress for the server also). In short a system that check Ilvl inside on those specific enviroments, if some is 284 simple auto unequip it. In the same way that exists a system that checks for AFKers, in example.

Aswell, for how I see it it will impulse activity on the 3 realms, specially on Blackrock who is dying. If Cross Realm simple happends like that puff there you go now pew pew pew (we need to wait the poll, I'm suggesting a question into the poll). Blackrock will simple die like Warsong did on Molten's era but without even cross realm. CRPvP will simple accelerate its death, is what i think. And if BR dies, you would transfer/merge the active toons with wich realm Lord, IC? NOPE.
    Edited: January 21, 2018 Reason: typo + info

2. So your suggestion is that because some players are **** and dont have gears other people who have already played hard and collected all the sets upto the wrathful and such should lose their **** just because others are ****? this difference will always be there on an MMORPG , stop crying about it and focus on your own progress.
    No body is talking about losing anything.

You are the one with a tear on your nickname.

Re read.

3. A scaled down version have been proposed on Blackrock forum. Tbh they just finished talking specially about SM (nerdraging). A scaled down version from my point of view is more work since you need to rework every single 284 item. What I proposed is more general I think and easier to implement and less line code working (less work the for developer team). In short a system that check Ilvl inside on those specific enviroments, if some is 284 simple auto unequip it. In the same way that exists a system that checks for AFKers, in example.

Aswell, for how I see it it will impulse activity on the 3 realms, specially on Blackrock who is dying.
    I like the idea to have no 284 ilvl gear in arena because it makes pvp more balanced but there are several flaws:
    - First of all, it should be obvious that the ilvl restriction should only take place in cross realm arena but not in cross realm BGs and thats for a simple reason:
    If u remove in every PvP environment the donor gear of Icecrowns PvPers then these ppl wont donate anymore. And don't come me with WPvP, no PvPer spends 150 euro for Smourne to be only able to use it in WPvP.
    - Second, if ppl are unable to use their +284 gear in arena then they are forced to donate or farm gear of a lower ilvl, even though they already have better gear. This doesn't make much sense. The better solution is to scale highend gear down when entering the arena so everybody is able to keep their gear.

Even though down scaling would be the best solution there are also problems that come with it:
    What if somebody is only hit capped in his highend gear and when he enters the arena he loses hit rating because his gear gets scaled down?
    What if a prot warr has 100% arp and loses arp when entering the arena?
    Ppl would need to stack certain stats over the cap to be able to reach the cap after the downscaling in the arena and that also doesn't make much sense...
    Edited: January 21, 2018

4. I like the idea to have no 284 ilvl gear in arena because it makes pvp more balanced but there are several flaws:
    - First of all, it should be obvious that the ilvl restriction should only take place in cross realm arena but not in cross realm BGs and thats for a simple reason:
    If u remove in every PvP environment the donor gear of Icecrowns PvPers then these ppl wont donate anymore. And don't come me with WPvP, no PvPer spends 150 euro for Smourne to be only able to use it in WPvP.
    - Second, if ppl are unable to use their +284 gear in arena then they are forced to donate or farm gear of a lower ilvl, even though they already have better gear. This doesn't make much sense. The better solution is to scale highend gear down when entering the arena so everybody is able to keep their gear.

Even though down scaling would be the best solution there are also problems that come with it:
    What if somebody is only hit capped in his highend gear and when he enters the arena he loses hit rating because his gear gets scaled down?
    What if a prot warr has 100% arp and loses arp when entering the arena?
    Ppl would need to stack certain stats over the cap to be able to reach the cap after the downscaling in the arena and that also doesn't make much sense...
    1) Yeah, that why I asked my self in the first post BG and Arenas, both or one wich one. Time and Poll will tell about it.
    2) Ofc, if you have something sightly better, it not make sense to play under "certain" enviroments with a lower version. That's why I edited the post saying that it will impulse activity. A partial solution would be implementing soloq for all the realms. Aside Dungeons and Raids. So you got 3:2 relation.
    3) I was messing recently with RAWR, thinking on this idea I can tell you that stats caps in PvE and PvP, all the scenarios, remain untouchable for Hit and reachable for stuffs like ArPen or Haste, even without using 271 loot from the previous mentionated bosses specially Halion.

5. 3) I was messing recently with RAWR, thinking on this idea I can tell you that stats caps in PvE and PvP, all the scenarios, remain untouchable for Hit and reachable for stuffs like ArPen or Haste, even without using 271 loot from the previous mentionated bosses specially Halion.
    Thats not my point. I know that the caps are also reachable W/O 284 gear.

The problem is the following: Lets say I have a BiS geared PvP warrior with http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=54578 and I have adjusted my gear so that I have exactly 5% hit chance.
    If I enter the arena now and http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=54578 gets scaled down then I would lose my hit cap.
    So I would need additional hit gems just for arena and when I make PvP outside of the arena I would be over hitcapped.

6. Thats not my point. I know that the caps are also reachable W/O 284 gear.

The problem is the following: Lets say I have a BiS geared PvP warrior with http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=54578 and I have adjusted my gear so that I have exactly 5% hit chance.
    If I enter the arena now and http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=54578 gets scaled down then I would lose my hit cap.
    So I would need additional hit gems just for arena and when I make PvP outside of the arena I would be over hitcapped.
    Yeah, that's in the case of scaled down system gets implemented instead of ilvl check system. And like I said on 1, time and poll will tell if CRPvP is gonna happends and how is gonna happends

PS: I any case "true" PewPvers should have special boots for arenas because nitro vs movement effects increased. So that force you aswell to have, aside special pair of boots, special enchants and you can use that oportunity to have special gems.
    Edited: January 21, 2018 Reason: +info

7. So for what I have been reading
    Here:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=375826
    Here
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=362792
    And Here:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=371173

Seems to be that we are gonna be CRPvPing fully released, what a gankfest xD is gonna be is some sort of restriction on use system for a period or downscale version for a period is not apply. Don't ask me why but (https://www.warmane.com/information), incoming nerdrages threads after the first days specially on Blackrock section from Hordies are gonna be massive. BB BR RIP.

8. I'm so sure that this "battle" towards 284 meta game will for sure fix the balance...Oh wait, is just me or the ladders on blackrock/icecrown are exactly the same? War/Pala dominating, followed by Hunt/Ret and other comps.
    People are getting bored after a while of this .

Thinking also how happy will be the people who donated to avoid the pve content and be able join Arenas while BiS ,see all their geared scaled down cause people :
    1- Call out for balance,when dont even know what they are talking about, as the brackets are exactly the same on Blackrock and Icecrown right now
    2- Call out for gear difference, but in reality is just because Icecrown (donation or not), is for obvious reasons far forward in terms of progression (ofc, the realm is older and easier, people joined it for a reason).

All these posts looks more like "I cant have it,i cba farm it, then all others cant have it also", or "I want look pro stating to lower gear to matchup with BR and Lordaeron, but in reality i simply dont know what im talking about and im just jumping on the QQ balance train"

I can understand MAYBE doing such reductions only in 3s bracket allowing to raise more kind of comps, altho in 2s is useless cause the same comp will dominate, no matter what meta you "force" them to play on. And let's be realistic, even 3s wont change much.

We've the opportunity to make the best system possible, scaling down gear (Donated or farmed doesnt matter) would just make even more problems/drama. As i said on another post few days ago:

It's not Icecrown that needs crossrealm to keep be "alive", but in terms of pvp are Blackrock and Lordaeron who needs it, so in my opinion these two realms need to adapt to Icecrown, not the opposite.

Also i remember that this thing would just make people simply join Blackrock isted of Icecrown/Lordaeron, making tons of account, get free s7 and gear way faster cause their "starter" gear would be way more then anyone from Icecrown/Lordaeron in terms of time needed to farm it.
    This would also leads to massive snipe all over.
    My personal suggestion:

Keep it 284, but simply do not allow Shadowmourne to be obtained on Blackrock, keep it obtanaible only in Lordaeron/Icecrown and consider in make the crossrealm working with 3.3.5b
    Edited: January 22, 2018

9. Is not a QQ thread is just kinda curious on how this stuff gonna get implemented, to see if they nailed it this time.

What are you suggesting is basicaly a old suggestion. "Broken SM Quest" AKA Class Nerf. 284 weapons are a problem in pvp, too much burst being a SM welder or not. Hunter and Casters don't suffer from SMs as a rogue or a feral does ie.

After all your critic you are basicaly suggesting a restricted game version.

10. Is not a QQ thread is just kinda curious on how this stuff gonna get implemented, to see if they nailed it this time.
    Then I would suggest heading over to the "Ask the Staff" forum section.

11. Then I would suggest heading over to the "Ask the Staff" forum section.
    Yes and No. Because I actually made a suggestion not only a constructive critic; in the same way 2 more players did, kind of different to mine. So as you see are popping partial solutions. That's why I clearly stated on my 1st post "Let me know you opinion" making reference to all of what I wrote. In the same way that I'm trying to comment and anwser completly not sectionating the posts of others.

First 12