1. Worth moving from Medivh?

Is it worth moving my character from Medivh to play on Outland? I played Medivh fron launch til it died off so I have two worthy chars to bring over. I haven't been on in a while but now I see transfers are open.

My reason for asking is because of all the bot convos I see about Outland. I mean how is horde pve? Pretty good amount of people still running heroics and intro raids?

Sounds like gather professions are pointless here due to bots. Is that accurate?

Thanks for the info in advance.

2. You don't have a choice, you either move your chars to Outland or they will get DELETED in March because that server is being "DELETED"

3. Gathering professions aren't pointless, just hard to level.

4. Herb is incredibly easy to level
    Mining i'd level up on medivh first for sure - it's not impossible but will take a while

As for the bots who cares? they keep prices on everything super low. Every mat/elixir in AH is way cheaper on Outland than it was on medivh. BOE blues are like 45g each, epics are mostly cheap too, and always available, no more waiting months for that BOE epic you want to show up in AH

It's feasible to even skip mining and just buy all the ores to level up your crafting prof, you could never do that on Medivh without dropping insane gold

As for groups, you won't be waiting longer than 10 mins for literally any dungeon at any level, any time of day (maybe H arc is the sole exception)
    Edited: January 22, 2018

5. As mentioned, you don't have much of a choice. You may transfer the characters, or you may lose them to the server shutdown.

That being said, Horde PVE on Outland is healthy and thriving. Players regularly pug end-game normals, and there are plenty of guilds running all content from Heroics&T4 through the newly released T6. Mileage may vary depending on your time zone.

Gather professions are not pointless. There are still resources to be gathered in the world. It's not an issue unless you're of a mind to exculsively fund your playstyle through gathering and selling on auction house. Bots are an issue, but they don't rule the server. Questing is likely the best way to generate gold at the moment.