1. Going to start mb - What's a good combo for newb

Hi all. I've been thinking of starting to multibox. I'd like some advice on a first time combo. I'm going to start out small: 3-5 players. My first thought would be ranged classes such as mages/boomys/hunters, but I've read on here about 1DK-4Pal or 1DK-4BalanceDudu.

What would your suggestion be? I'd like something ranged, and preferrably soemthing easy to manage as this will be my virgin attempt. Thx!

2. Although, I'm not a fan of it it's allowed so wha the hell, I'd do elemental shams paired with some restro druids. Boomkins also are nice. I'd level up with 3 elemental shams and 2 restro druids. An experienced multiboxer could probably provide more information.

3. You might aswell start with 5 characters at once, it takes same time to lvl 3 characters as it does to lvl 5 characters so when you lvl 3 and then realize you want to play more it won't be too fun.

I love DK+4 pala. It is really fun to lvl and it is really fun at max lvl. It is very easy to play once you understand how to play it and it is really fast at killing mobs because you can use taunt to 1 shot a mob and then judgement+auto attack to 1 shot another mob so you will do quests very quickly.
    When I level a caster group it is boring because I have to stop and cast so it takes twice as long to kill things compared to dk+pala group.
    DK+pala can also do dungeons as soon you learn Hand of Reckoning, I almost only did dungeons in my main team from ~18-60 then quested to 80.
    I think it is very easy to beat same amount or more players in pvp with it also (beat all arena teams I faced in 5v5 and won 5v12 fight vs a 10 boxing druid + 2 random people without losing any of my characters).

Synergy between dk+palas.
    Dk has slow and can pull enemies in which helps pala who can't keep up with enemies.
    DK increases attack speed of palas by 20% and I choose to take the +10% ap for everyone talent also and Rune Tap is great for getting some instant heal on everyone.
    DK gives +155 agi and str. and has water walking (great in WG).

Pala can bubble (hard to burst pala) and can lay on hands dk so dk can't die either. Divine Shield + Divine Sacrifice gives a -44% damage taken buff which allows you to keep team alive very good. You gain almost every aura and buff with 4 palas.
    You can cc 4 targets in PVE or using it as a gap closer in PVP. Instant FoL and everyone has 53%+ physical damage reduction and 6%+ damage reduction against everything, 15% damage reduction from resistance aura I think. Sacred Shield absorbing some incoming damage.
    4 Cleanse so very easy to remove debuffs if someone try to fear or dot or anything else.

With a Runescroll of Fortitude you can bring "Power Word: Fortitude" without having a priest, very cheap and good buff.

If you want to do things in the keep in wintergrasp you want ranged classes tho, palas get destroyed there and can't contribute much since they have to go so close and get killed by siege damage, ranged classes are always easier to use in team fights also since you can nuke from behind without people being able to try to mess things up for you. I have fun fighting over workshops with them tho.

I do NOT recommend making mages. You lose out on most things the class is about as a multiboxer. You can't kite properly when playing several characters and you don't have any healing.

5 Shamans is a classic team, you gain a lot of burst which can kill most people instantly if they don't pop a defensive cd and stack high resilience. Stacking Fire Nova, Thunderstorm and Grounding Totem is very strong also. For dungeons it is good to have a tank, dk is a good tank for both PVE (easy to play and has interrupt) or PVP (has slow and DG) but I am pretty sure 5 shamans is better than dk+4 shamans in PVP.

I think hunters can be ok, they are ranged and you can probably do good with their high damage. There is someone multiboxing ~25 of them but I never seen him fight and especially not a 25v25 fight. I don't know how well stacking hunters does, not having healing is a bit bad.

Boomkins are ok. When they pop their starfall things die and they have the ability to heal. I think they die a bit easy with not too much defensive abilities. Their starfall can get countered by abilities like Divine Shield and Iceblock or moving out of their LOS. They don't have a proper counter for fear either (no dispel, no tremor totem). Quite many play them so they might be quite good tho. For big multiboxing groups resto druid is the best healer.
    Edited: January 22, 2018

4. Awesome, ty for the reply!! I think I'll take your advice and try the dk+4pallys. Sounds like a bunch of Panzers rolling around killing stuff.

5. Np, hope you like playing it.

If you want help about macros and various tips about multiboxing and running that comp just say.

6. can some one suggest a good MB program?

7. can some one suggest a good MB program?
    The one that most people prefer is ISBoxer but it costs $50/year if you don't find a cracked version. I tried it and I didn't like it but for most people I would say it is the best program, it has the best features.

I use HotkeyNet, its free and you write a script in it how to handle key presses. (there is at least 2 threads about how to use it, someone made one with some sample script and I made one explaining how to do various things like round robin, mouse broadcasting and things like that)

Some use pwnboxer, I never tried it. I think it is easy to use but not too good.

8. I wouldn't start with a melee team and especially not with a melee team of mixed classes when u multibox for the first time. 1DK 4 ret is definitely a setup for advanced multiboxer.
    Ele shamis are the easiest and most effective setup for a beginner so I would start with that.
    Incase u wanna do PvP I would make a test team on Blackrock since its instant 80 and has a free starter gear.

9. I Would say go for 5x druids just because i'm doing that atm and its great. 5x stealth, 1 bear to tank 4 ferals or 4 balance, u got some versability.

hunter are easy to levels u'll be killing stuff really fast but they lack healing&rdf :)

10. 5 shamans is easy and strong.

1dk 4 ret is not easy to pull off in PvP, unless you are fighting against complete noobs or are donating for shadowmournes and the like.

If Xandor won a 5v12 of 1dk and 4 paladins against 10 druids and 2 real players, all of his opponents sucked. Don't use that as a metric.

11. 5 shamans is easy and strong.

1dk 4 ret is not easy to pull off in PvP, unless you are fighting against complete noobs or are donating for shadowmournes and the like.

If Xandor won a 5v12 of 1dk and 4 paladins against 10 druids and 2 real players, all of his opponents sucked. Don't use that as a metric.
    5 shamans are the easiest to play for sure (put lightning bolt on a button and you can lvl 1-80, might add another button for heal, thunderstorm and possibly totems. Don't really need to make any macros or setup anything complicated but a little bit of setting things up to play properly but not too much.

DK+4 pala needs quite much to set up but in pvp it is easier to play it well I think compared to other classes. (no need to make sure all characters are facing enemy, dots and cc removed by just spamming a button, shield and heals work very efficnetly when setup to be used on individual characters, no need to manage forms or anything like that, very strong cds)
    Making sure a character doesn't die is most of the time just press the FoL button for that character and then press Divine Shield on it before health goes too low. With other classes I think you have to let them die or stop dps to spam heal them, so that part is also easier with dk+4 pala I think.

Won arenas against real groups of players with average ~6-6.2k GS (I currently have 5.6k GS, I had less when I beat them, I haven't lost against any real 5 man teams in arena, only losses I had was against multiboxer before I got pvp gear).
    Beat 5 dps and 1 heal 4 dps teams, but if they would have had 2 healers I would have lost. Also if they played like a proper organized team I would probably have lost (cc, peel).

The 10 druid multiboxer I think was ~500 GS below me and yes he didn't play perfect at all, he used all his starfall at once so I just used Divine Shield to avoid most damage while using lay on hands on dk to keep up with all the damage done. He didn't use Moonkin form so he took more physical damage than he would have done normally and I just focus fired one of his characters at a time.
    The other players was a rogue (melee is almost useless against dk+4 pala, they just die from the "splash damage" of Seal of Command, Consecration, Divine Storm). The last one was a mage who lasted until the end of the fight but the damage didn't do much against dk with Divine Sacrifice and lay on hands.
    I also play as Blood elf so they get silenced 3 times to prevent them from healing.

Ofcourse many of the opponents I have beaten I know how I would have played if I was them and I would most likely have won if I was them. If I was druids vs dk+4 pala I would pre-hot on rotation so every druid has ~3 Rejuvenation when the battle starts, I would also try to make pala use Divine Shield without using all starfalls so that they don't all get wasted.
    As shaman I would use thunderstorm on round robin (I assume it doesn't trigger immunity to knockback after 1 knockback), but every shaman multiboxer I seen tends to just use them all at once.

If I played a different comp I think I would do worse and I would have to accept that characters die. To me it would also be harder to play other teams.