1. WOTLK Is rogue PvP disabled class?

Okay, so basically is rogue working at all on this realm? (ICECROWN)
    I can't cloak nothing, always get full dk dotted, or when I try to vanish deep freeze It never works, c'mon my timing can't be that bad same for CoS, I do it sometimes on AT but here... nope JUST NEVER, how? Let me not speak bout' failing to vanish chaos bolt, which also never works.
    The evasion helps like 0 against warriors, paladins I feel like they are playing with me, hitting me for like 6k-9k melee swing on 950-1000 resilence, idk really. you tell me please, also I don't see much rogues in 2s...

2. Okay, so basically is rogue working at all on this realm? (ICECROWN)
    I can't cloak nothing, always get full dk dotted, or when I try to vanish deep freeze It never works, c'mon my timing can't be that bad same for CoS, I do it sometimes on AT but here... nope JUST NEVER, how? Let me not speak bout' failing to vanish chaos bolt, which also never works.
    The evasion helps like 0 against warriors, paladins I feel like they are playing with me, hitting me for like 6k-9k melee swing on 950-1000 resilence, idk really. you tell me please, also I don't see much rogues in 2s...
    L2P issue most like.
    There are/were some rogues with high rates, but considering the meta you need to play it propery. Also, u're talking about arena,duels or bgs? Also keep in mind that 284 meta gives tons of dmg on procs and so on.
    In arena is so much about the comp u play, and in any case to be working as rogue you need know what to do
    In bg is all about luck
    In duel i see tons of rogues beating the hell out of BiS dk/retri/warrs and so on.

The evasion helps like 0 against warriors
    Quite sure u use Evasion without noticing warrior got rend or retallation up, in this case he will stomp you.
    Consider also there is a delay on Icecrown, so if vanish/cos works like warrior reflect or bash or any interrupt, you need to do it a bit earlier, and not waiting for the 99% of cast
    Edited: January 24, 2018

3. Yeah sorry Wotlk was not a good expansion for rogues and you need to be really good to do well

4. Okay, so basically is rogue working at all on this realm? (ICECROWN)

Yes mate you`re right. Simply check the ladders on IC and Lorde, you will see max 3 rogues on a page with 50 teams. Fact.
    TBC remains the best xpac for rogue players.

5. It's definitely not bad, but it's not very forgiving.

I'm ~2100 mmr 2s on my main rogue right now (helping my undergeared warlock friend get his helmet) and playing at around 2200-2300 mmr on my full furious (with wrathful weapons) no trinkets 27% arp alt rogue as spr/rogue. With that being said, you have to be able to effectively deadzone warriors especially, know when to reset, and not waste cooldowns.

On a side note, as far as the things OP said, I'm inclined to agree (but it may be because I play with ~250 ms). I feel like CoS is closer to 60-70% rather than 90%. As far as vanishing stuff (like chaos bolts), it's cool when you do it but usually more worth just to vanish the cast rather than the missile because of how vanishing mechanics work. I actually use corroded skeleton key on my main rogue just because of how inconsistent vanish is. Vanishing against hunters fails about half the time, auto attacks can break vanish against human melee due to stealth detection, but the majority of the time, using CSK on vanish makes up for the glitchy absorb window you have from the vanish buff and will make vanish work most of the time.

So, you're not wrong. There are some (in my opinion) pretty apparent mechanical issues with rogues, especially with CoS and Vanish... but what's new, right? As far as taking heavy hits from other melee, I use somewhere between 500-700 resil on my main rogue (with CSK to compensate squishiness) and just under 1000 on my alt rogue. I can honestly say my main rogue doesn't die as fast as my alt rogue, and I think a lot of that has to do with the pressure potential that 70%-100% arp cap can provide. It's pretty easy to avoid damage when they're sitting defensive stance trying to stop your damage.

But again, you need to be comfortable with the class and know how to use your toolkit (or your partner's toolkit) to avoid damage when you're playing with ultra-low resilience. Rogue is very unforgiving when compared to Smourne Warrior with a Hpal, Ele shamans, and other classes with passive mitigation that benefit from playing-to-not-lose. Rogue can't do that - especially not in 2s.

6. Ya missing something
    ArP doesnt ignore % armor
    ArP doesnt ignore shield armor
    Serrated blades is still bugged
    Killing spree doesnt do 10 attacks more than 50% of the time
    Envenom damage is nerfed by aprx 25%
    Resilience overlaps on Shields /pw:shield,sacred shield, etc/
    Rets are completely bugged, crits all the time vs 1250res+, seems like they ignore 100% armor Except for shields, I just got hit for 8200 while with 1.1k res 9500 armor from a Melee swing...
    Warriors dmg is somewhat insane vs targets that dont wear shields aka Rogues
    Mages do 7k frostbolts no probs
    Cheat Death is half bugged doesnt - bring you to 10% max health, so in 90% of the time is useless
    Does resilience work in general ? #somewhat

How to play a "Rogue" in Warmane if ur not getting carried by a sh/disc :

spec assassination 44/2/25 - lethality is a joke just pick impr evisc , its way better vs some classes /destr locks, mages, etc/
    gem and enchant resilience / stamina
    get a corroded skeleton key
    if ur human get a buble
    aim for atleast 32k hp and 1400res+

Pros : does way better VS plate and mail users compared to sub, doesnt need to be carried by a priest
    Cons : cant beat a decent healer, cos wound poison is 50% effective in PvP aka 25% healing reduction only

There are plenty of "not fixed stuff" thats around for more than 5 years and no1 gives a damn about them.

TL;DR - Reroll mage/priest/dk/pala/hunter

7. I did sometimes chained rogues when at end of cloak timer but most of the times it doesn't work, it's just lag issue

As for dmg..... something is wrong with damage calculations. I remember on retail there were no such high crits-hits especially vs full geared pvp players no matter what class.
    When it comes to pve I also remember World of logs didn't record such high dps in icc(w/e raid)
    I had lolmourne on my DK and my m8 had it on ret pala and we didn't crit that high especially not in arena and bg's .
    Also, That high dmg doesn't stop with lolmournes users but goes beyond it

8. The only thing that can help you is stack a lot of Arp, take: 4 Wrathfull item main set, Head t10 and the rest PvE; then socket resi as much as u can, now your toon will have 900-1000 resi with 60% arp at least.
    Arp boost your damage and also your survivability because it forces all plate dps to play defensive.

Anyway imho Wotlk is the only patch where rogues sucks, if u really like rogue style u should give a try to vanilla/TBC or even better to Cata and Mop.

9. Okay, so basically is rogue working at all on this realm? (ICECROWN)
    Same thing with mages here... warriors bs 6k crits lololo . Hunters killing disco in one burst etc...
    Edited: March 10, 2018

10. Warriors and paladins crit you for 6-9k because that's their job, they are the classes that have to do big damage if they wanna succeed. Not saying these classes don't need skill but you get my point.
    On the other hand, if you wanna play rogue you have to do ALOT of stuff... especially in high rated arenas etc.
    So it all boils down on how skilled you are, if you wanna get better than go watch pro rogues play like Marm, Mir and someone like that.
    Good luck

11. Okay, so basically is rogue working at all on this realm? (ICECROWN)
    1. DK can apply diseases through cloak using a physical attack. Because private servers may be bugged, use COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED to find the true spell school of spells. Diseases are indeed physical.
    2. Vanishing deep freeze should work. Again, spell mechanics on private servers may be different than retail or you have too high latency.
    3. Chaos bolt same as number 2.
    4. Evasion is only good for preventing bursts against warriors, because their Overpower is proc'd off dodges.
    5. Good players will go behind you to nullify your evasion. You can't dodge physical attacks if you're not facing them. Again, if you have high latency, they may seem to be in front of you but actually are not.

12. Almost all real problems with rogues are due to the server latency, you can have perfect MS but the server (icecrown) itself runs on 100-120 ms latency when its full (due to the players), this means that your stealth mechanics and facing requirements are kinda wonky. You can get stunned while vanished, hunters will autostoot you out, spells will hit etc etc.

On topic, rogues are t1 as a class. best double dps in game, very good dps/heal comps, viable in 3s (even if no one plays that), good in rbgs, good in wpvp, great in duels.
    Edited: April 12, 2018