1. what patch? TBC outland

so what patch is outland on atm? i know its a 2.4.3 server but things are added from different patches in reverse order.

like season 3 was patch 2.3 correct?
    black temple was patch 2.1 correct?

why season 3 before BT?

Dory's Embrace and a few other new vendor items where patch 2.3 correct? why is season 3 in game but not Dory's Embrace?

Zul'Aman was patch 2.3 correct?

2. We're not emulating patches perfectly. There are differences, as you've noticed.

3. We're not emulating patches perfectly. There are differences, as you've noticed.
    ty for the reply

i totally get you guys are mixing things up a little bit and thats cool with me but it would be nice to know when certain things are getting added because it effects gearing and the like. Dory's Embrace is pretty much BIS for arms pvp but it snot in game but should be so do i use the badges i saved on something else?with out knowing when its getting added cant spend badges just because.

same question with things like Primal Nether's and Nether Vortexs that came in patch 2.4 on the vendor in shatt. i cant upgrade my deep thunder to Stormherald cause i dont raid = no Nether Vortexs until they get added to the vendor,fine but when is that? so do i save up AP's and get a new pvp weapon,maybe? but then there's a chance you guys add that stuff to the vendor and i just wasted my time. see my point?

4. As a rough, unofficial synopsis:

Game Mechanics are 2.4.3 (spells, talents, buffs/debuffs, itemization, mob mechanics, guild controls)
    PVP Content is 2.3.0 (Arena S3, daily BG quests)
    PVE Content is 2.1.0 (Quests, Raids, Vendors)

I'd speculate the next big Warmane-Outland update to include Zul'Aman, Daily Cooking Quests. Potential changes might include the lowering of Reputation requirements for heroics to Honored, addition of badge-of-justice drops to all Kara bosses, and daily dungeon quests (which were all 2.3 additions in retail).

5. ty for the reply

i totally get you guys are mixing things up a little bit and thats cool with me but it would be nice to know when certain things are getting added because it effects gearing and the like. Dory's Embrace is pretty much BIS for arms pvp but it snot in game but should be so do i use the badges i saved on something else?with out knowing when its getting added cant spend badges just because.

same question with things like Primal Nether's and Nether Vortexs that came in patch 2.4 on the vendor in shatt. i cant upgrade my deep thunder to Stormherald cause i dont raid = no Nether Vortexs until they get added to the vendor,fine but when is that? so do i save up AP's and get a new pvp weapon,maybe? but then there's a chance you guys add that stuff to the vendor and i just wasted my time. see my point?
    For now, we're progressing slowly and trying our best to ensure fairness in what is available gear-wise in the game, PvP vs PvE, vendors, and what is on the marketplace, etc. I understand your concern for specific pieces of content and their usefulness. We'll try and keep the community appraised of the situation.

6. Well if the goal was fairness then season 3 wouldn't be out right now, which gives many people access to gear better than t6 in some slots. I don't understand your point. The current release timeline is unquestionably favoring pvp players.

7. For now, we're progressing slowly and trying our best to ensure fairness in what is available gear-wise in the game, PvP vs PvE, vendors, and what is on the marketplace, etc. I understand your concern for specific pieces of content and their usefulness. We'll try and keep the community appraised of the situation.
    ty any update when you guys can would becool

8. Well if the goal was fairness then season 3 wouldn't be out right now, which gives many people access to gear better than t6 in some slots. I don't understand your point. The current release timeline is unquestionably favoring pvp players.
    With that being partly true.

PvP players also get's affected, by weird release order.
    We currently do not have out blue PvP rep set, therefore new PvP players get stomped by Vengeful geared players.
    This makes it PRETTY hard to actually compete in the PvP scene from a fresh character.

I do agree with you on it being a weird release order.
    But truly being in the PvPers favor.... nah, a little bit maybe, but not much.

9. With that being partly true.

PvP players also get's affected, by weird release order.
    We currently do not have out blue PvP rep set, therefore new PvP players get stomped by Vengeful geared players.
    This makes it PRETTY hard to actually compete in the PvP scene from a fresh character.

I do agree with you on it being a weird release order.
    But truly being in the PvPers favor.... nah, a little bit maybe, but not much.
    My guild if t6 raiders are forced to pvp because much of the season 3 gear is better than BT gear. I can't see how this doesn't VASTLY favor pvpers. Season 3 is supposed to release with ZA, which is like 6 or 8 months after BT release.

Season 4 gear is better than Sunwell, and I'm sure that will release early too, ruining the rest of the pve content as well.

At this point the sped up pvp seasons are more game breaking for the pve side of things than the cash shop is.

10. Well if the goal was fairness then season 3 wouldn't be out right now, which gives many people access to gear better than t6 in some slots. I don't understand your point. The current release timeline is unquestionably favoring pvp players.
    The staff correlates the season gear with tier gear. It's the closest thing to a metric that we have. PvP gear being better in some cases is actually a lot of the reason that drove people to bother with getting that gear in the first place on retail.
    My guild if t6 raiders are forced to pvp because much of the season 3 gear is better than BT gear. I can't see how this doesn't VASTLY favor pvpers. Season 3 is supposed to release with ZA, which is like 6 or 8 months after BT release.

Season 4 gear is better than Sunwell, and I'm sure that will release early too, ruining the rest of the pve content as well.

At this point the sped up pvp seasons are more game breaking for the pve side of things than the cash shop is.
    So you don't want the last season of PvP gear to be released? That just seems silly to me.

11. So you don't want the last season of PvP gear to be released? That just seems silly to me.
    That's not the case. I want it to be released at the correct time, which is significantly after Sunwell, not before it.

Just like I'd be fine with season 3 if it was released with ZA. But it wasn't. It was released many months early, and as a result pve gear has depreciated in value.

12. But see, whenever the gear is released, you're going to have X is more powerful than Y anyways. If S3 was delayed, you'd have more PvPers going into PvE in order to get some items for PvP. Just like the reverse is true. S3 gear is not universally better than T6. If it were, there wouldn't be a point in doing the raid content. Some items in S3 being "better" than some items in the current raid drops is okay, in my opinion, because it relaxes the issue of having to spread 3-5 item drops amongst 25 people. It also helps that PvP gear is currently better for PvP in most cases, because that incentivizes more PvP activity.

The only problem I see here is some people thinking that they may feel "forced" to PvP in order to be at their absolute max potential. And while I can somewhat understand that, at the same time it is not required to complete the content.

13. But see, whenever the gear is released, you're going to have X is more powerful than Y anyways. If S3 was delayed, you'd have more PvPers going into PvE in order to get some items for PvP. Just like the reverse is true. S3 gear is not universally better than T6. If it were, there wouldn't be a point in doing the raid content. Some items in S3 being "better" than some items in the current raid drops is okay, in my opinion, because it relaxes the issue of having to spread 3-5 item drops amongst 25 people. It also helps that PvP gear is currently better for PvP in most cases, because that incentivizes more PvP activity.

The only problem I see here is some people thinking that they may feel "forced" to PvP in order to be at their absolute max potential. And while I can somewhat understand that, at the same time it is not required to complete the content.
    There will always be imbalances. But when there are imbalances to choose between, the default position should be to emulate what Blizzard did. In this case, PvE was always ahead of PvP in gear. That was part of the expansion, and determined how content was played. It seems arbitrary to just decide that the opposite should be true.

On retail, pvpers DID go into PVE for gear. That was part of the expansion. That determined a lot about which content people chose to do. It gave pvpers a reason to pve also, and doubled the content for them.

If we're trying to emulate how TBC was, then this release schedule is absolutely counter-intuitive. And I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's like this.

14. If whoever makes decisions, decides to reconsider their approach to this in the future (so Sunwell isn't overshadowed by better pvp gear yet again), Season 4 begins three months AFTER the Sunwell patch. It doesn't come with ZA, as I suspect is bound to happen here.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_2.4.0

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Season_4

12 Last