1. Most needed classes

what are the most needed classes on this realm? I'm starting a new toon with a friend and we're wanting to pick something that'll help us get into raids.

2. what are the most needed classes on this realm? I'm starting a new toon with a friend and we're wanting to pick something that'll help us get into raids.
    Boomkin/Rdudu.
    Elemental/Resto shaman.
    Tanks are always welcome.

I’d say healers > tanks > rdps.

One of you can pick Feral tank, other one resto shammy and you two will be ready for ICC within 5 days after reaching lvl 80(assuming you two like to do 30 PoS runs a day).

If you’re bored - you can always go resto and your pal ele as off spec and still have a spot in most raids, and guilds if you know what are you doing.

Edit: You can put pally in the mix, but I bet there’s bunch of them already.
    Blood DK is very capable of solo tanking easier dungeons, so it could be an option for easier gear up.

Have fun!
    Edited: January 25, 2018

3. Death knight or paladin

4. Death knight or paladin
    If you’re reffering to DK/PALLY dps - you’re giving misinformation.

5. In my opinion,

Healers are usually prioritized in raid and this changes 50, 50 with tanks.

Resto shaman, restro druid, holy pala, and a hpriest or dpriest are usually sought after. (In no particular order as it depends upon raid and boss, etc..)

For tanks: Feral tank and Prot paladins usually prioritized over prot warriors and DK's, but all are viable (though people hate on warriors, but a good warrior is fine..)

Then dps: Any supporting dps class that brings high dps or utility is usually sought after that is uncommon, so a warlock, boomkin, or other less played rdps that has utility (dps are pretty easy to come by on a 12k pop server..).

I think you should start with a class that can tank or heal, and off spec dps so you can gear quicker in RDF, but after that just play what you want.

First char should always be a tank or heal though or you will be fked in queue unless you have a couple friends to play with or a guild.

6. Paladin, Death Knight and Druid tanks. Protection warrior is also okay as well.

7. Healers>Tanks>RDPS I'd say is quite accurate. Moonkin druid and ele shaman are liked in particular for their knockback ability. Otherwise RDPS is preferred due to their ability to stay spread out on certain fights.