1. Paperlolz can you share your priest? I mean link to armory

2. Please no stupid strawman arguments.. fear ward once requires one cast to remove. That is irrelevant to the current conversation anyway. Yes.. no more potato logic, stay focused!
    What strawman? You literally said there's no way DK can counter priest because it has abilities it can use against the DK, which is about as dumb as saying warlocks can't counter Spriests because they have abilities that they can use against the warlock. Nobody cares if you have shackle/silence because we're not comparing one or two abilities, we're comparing the full package and the DK one is much better suited to killing immobile casters than the priest one is suited to killing sticky DPS with high caster survivability.

Ok tip 1. Your first or 2nd global will be used to dispel Chains of Ice. You also have Fade.
    Damage to race? That’s a dumb thing to say. It’s not about damage, it’s about forcing the DK to use his CDs. Sure bad priests get “pounded” during these CDs, but good priests have plenty of ways to survive; PW:S, PoM, Abolish Disease, Renew is usually enough. But if that isn’t you can always free cast following a fake. You can even allow them to interrupt holy and then mind control, or interrupt shadow and then spam heal. The possibilities are endless.
    Why even mention fade? It serves the exact same purpose as dispel magic in this fight, both remove chains and do nothing against Desecration. The fact that you think you're going to outlast Unholy damage with 3 instants and somehow free cast when Mind Freeze is down even though DK still has 3 more ways to interrupt you and you're taking constant pushback from at least 2 sources of damage just reinforces my point that you have a very limited understanding of how this fight actually goes in an equally skilled matchup.

Please stop hurting my brain with this potato logic. Spirit set and crit set are both the best for different reasons. But you are not going to beat a DK with a crit set, as you will run OOM before you force him to use his defensives. You either run full spirit and outlast, or full crit and outburst (which is impossible vs a perfectly played DK). Mixing sets, giving up your 4 set bonus to 2set bonuses is one of the most noobish mistakes you can make. You give up all those stats for more resilience and you STILL die? Listen up and you might actually learn somehting.
    I'm glad you liked that particular piece of bantz so much, you've kept repeating it in what amounts to nothing more than "No, you!". I'll be sure to give you some more classics in the future to be upset about.

Unholy vs Shadow is a 1 min fight at most, you will never last longer vs any good DK. The only thing spirit does is give you a little bit more SP, the mana regen doesn't even come into play. Crit on the other hand gives you a better chance to score a kill before you inevitably die and also improves your short-term survivability through heal crits and Vampiric Embrace leech.

You need to learn what “hard counter” means. If a class hard counters another, it never loses to it. I beat good DKs regularly on my priest, as can many other good priests - thus invadliating the concept DK "hard counters" priest. Most mediocre priests like yourself simply play incorrectly and thus assume DK cannot be beaten.
    There isn't a single spec in the game that has an absolute 0 chance of winning vs another, making your definition of "hard counter" completely redundant, much like your pitiful attempts at stroking your own ego.

Well Mind Control is only for style points, its actually optional if you are good enough at using both schools of magic. But yes, I’ll admit it probably is beyond YOUR capabilities. Do you have a DK? I would enjoy humiliating it on my priest.
    Damn, what a badass. No way can I ever match your capabilities of giving advice and then backpedaling out of it after being shown how terrible it is. Now that has to be humiliating.
    Edited: February 2, 2018

3. If you're in any capacity serious about Blood PvP, you have Unholy Blight. It's not a "hybrid", it's the go to Blood PvP spec.

Unholy and Affliction both absolutely destroy Shadow with minimal levels of skill required, it's some of the hardest counters in this game. At higher levels of play, Shadow also has very unfavorable odds against Sub rogues and Frost mages. Not really what I call spec with least counters.

The only spec in the game that comes close to having good odds against everything is Frost mage and only at very high levels of skill. Destruction warlocks, Unholy DKs and Feral druids are close second. Rogues would also be there if they didn't get countered so hard by anything with plate and shield or tanking stance. All this is assuming a dueling setting, If this is world PvP/BG 1v1, rogues take over the spot of Destruction warlocks as one benefits from its opponents not being prepared for an opener and the other one requires preparation for optimal performance, something you don't have time to constantly do while moving.
    as I cas see Warlock has big problem with Enh shaman is it?

4. as I cas see Warlock has big problem with Enh shaman is it?
    All Destruction has to do is stomp the tremor with pet > fear and then tunnel damage. For Affliction it's less fun because their damage is much slower and enhancement has more opportunities to heal with maelstrom stacks.

5. I have to agree with Damn Orignial with every point here.

A good unholy dk will just stomp shadow priest with so much **** priest cant do anything.Unless you played versus ultra bad dk.This is following scenario.
    You Fear dk>he trinkets>stomps you up.You silence dk>try to cast something>pet stuns you>You trinket silence dk either shackle pet or dot dk.
    Dk ams>pops gargoyle>pounds on you like no tomrrow>you disperse>you disarm dk>he silences you>pet gnaw again>you take **** load of dmg>you fear>he lichborne cancels>no shackle>ams back up>uses ams >ur dead.

And yeah,Destro just stomps tremor in shadowfury>fear>you trinket>coil>immo>conflag>chaos(silence in between)>fears>immo,corr>shadowflame>conflag>shado wburn>insaant rocket> ur dead long time ago...

6. What strawman? You literally said there's no way DK can counter priest because it has abilities it can use against the DK
    That’s not even close to what I said. I said DK has a large advantage here but it is not a HARD COUNTER. How is that so hard to understand? Why the hell are you talking about Warlocks now? Try to stay on point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man:

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man"

the DK one is much better suited to killing immobile casters than the priest one is suited to killing sticky DPS with high caster survivability.
    Without context or explanation this statement just sounds really dumb.

Why even mention fade? It serves the exact same purpose as dispel magic in this fight, both remove chains and do nothing against Desecration.
    Wrong again buddy. Here’s tip 2. Fade will remove Desecration slow, albeit only for half a second or so before reapplication. This is usually enough time for you to get off the AoE entirely.

The fact that you think you're going to outlast Unholy damage with 3 instants and somehow free cast when Mind Freeze is down even though DK still has 3 more ways to interrupt you and you're taking constant pushback from at least 2 sources of damage just reinforces my point that you have a very limited understanding of how this fight actually goes in an equally skilled matchup.
    Well now this is just throwing insults with no actual substance to your argument. The fact IS that many priests do this on a regular basis… you are clearly the one here with the limited understanding. Please lets meet, you on DK me on Priest. Let me show you how limited your understanding really is.

I'm glad you liked that particular piece of bantz so much, you've kept repeating it in what amounts to nothing more than "No, you!". I'll be sure to give you some more classics in the future to be upset about.
    No it was just in that instance you also refused to admit you were wrong, similar to whats happening here.

Unholy vs Shadow is a 1 min fight at most, you will never last longer vs any good DK. The only thing spirit does is give you a little bit more SP, the mana regen doesn't even come into play. Crit on the other hand gives you a better chance to score a kill before you inevitably die and also improves your short-term survivability through heal crits and Vampiric Embrace leech.
    Almost everything you said here hurts my brain and is totally wrong. It's 2mins+ MINIMUM. The mana regen is crucially important as you will not out burst a DK unless they make a mistake. Like I said, I will demonstrate for you any time you please.

There isn't a single spec in the game that has an absolute 0 chance of winning vs another, making your definition of "hard counter" completely redundant, much like your pitiful attempts at stroking your own ego.
    Er.. yes there are plenty. Why are you making these edgy statements? I think even you know you ****ed up on this one. Rogue vs Prot paladin? Disc vs almost anything?

Unholy Damn, what a badass. No way can I ever match your capabilities of giving advice and then backpedaling out of it after being shown how terrible it is. Now that has to be humiliating.
    Not sure what you are trying to say here. I’m ready to demonstrate what I’ve said here whenever you want. Do you have a DK, what’s its name? My priest is called Silent. No backpedaling please.

7. That’s not even close to what I said. I said DK has a large advantage here but it is not a HARD COUNTER.
    Oh, so Unholy has a large advantage but it's not a hard counter because I'm so good I can reliably make up for this large advantage even when both of us are at the same skill level! At this point you're just stroking your fragile ego and arguing about your own autistic semantics of hard counter, medium counter, semi counter, just a bit of of an advantage counter, large advantage counter, whatever other nonsense you can come up with counter.

Unholy > Shadow, it's as simple as that. Screech all you want about how skillful, badass and special you are that you break the norm with your special eyes, all that's gonna do is get you pitiful looks from people that know better. Just use that swollen brain for a second and realize that when both opponents are at the same level of skill and gear, one of these players having a large class advantage translates to him winning nearly or literally all of the duels.
    Edited: February 5, 2018

8. Guess i'll throw my thoughts on the matter of classes with no anti-classes in terms of 1v1.

I would say they are: Arcane/Frost Mages, Enhancement Shamans, Feral Druids and Unholy Death Knights.

Arcane got no anti-class for it is basically a cowboy-class, you draw first, shoot first and hit, you win (requires a lot of skill in order not to get blown up).
    Frost mages due to their ability to survive for a long time while turning the tables once the moment arises.
    Enhancement shamans because they can go on forever if they just focus on healing themselves in combination with CC (takes a lot of skill).
    Ferals are much like enhancement shamans, if they focus on CC and self healing they will win over the long run.
    Unholy Death Knights due to the fact that while they can be relatively easy to beat for very experienced long term players, the majority of players aren't that good or dedicated to the task, enabling UH DKs to have no real counter.

9. Arcane got no anti-class
    That's enough internet for today.

10. That’s not even close to what I said. I said DK has a large advantage here but it is not a HARD COUNTER.
    having large advantage is exactly what hard counter mean.large advantage literally mean that the skill gap between the 2 players must be large in favor of the priest to be able to win.if they are on similar skill level then the outcome will be very one sided,the DK will destroy the priest.

Fake the Mind Freeze and Mind Control freely between fears.
    and if the DK dont stupidly mind freeze every time he see a cast but hold whats your plan?after 3 fake casts you will be already dead most likely?
    the idea spriest vs unholy DK duel will be minimum 2 mins is absurd.the DK must have no clue wtf he is doing for this to happen.

Well, damage per second, I mean I know that you know it, but I as well called it 'DD' until I figured that people have no idea what I'm talking about. :D
    actually i think DD is more correct since it mean damage dealer and represent the role but who knows why people start calling it DPS.healer never become hps :D

Arcane got no anti-class.
    rogue

yo guys are we still talking about WOTLK?because a lot of comments sound like another expansions.
    Edited: February 6, 2018

11. Unholy Death Knights due to the fact that while they can be relatively easy to beat for very experienced long term players, the majority of players aren't that good or dedicated to the task, enabling UH DKs to have no real counter.
    I am playing on DK, and it is hard to win good Paladin and Hunter, maybe do you have some goot strategy/tactic vs them?

12. That's enough internet for today.
    Just because I claim it has no anti-class mate does not mean that its fight won't be tough.
    Ferals and Hunters are its worst opponents, but only because it pushes your burst to the limit. Whoever blows the other one up first wins.
    And before you say UH DK, an experienced arcane mage will either kite them out of their grip zone or simply stack AB on the pet during a morph and then blow them up under the 4 sec CS silence.
    My point is that arcane got no anti-class the way a warrior has paladins, SPs and mages as their anti class, ya dig?

13. Just because I claim it has no anti-class mate does not mean that its fight won't be tough.
    Ferals and Hunters are its worst opponents, but only because it pushes your burst to the limit. Whoever blows the other one up first wins.
    And before you say UH DK, an experienced arcane mage will either kite them out of their grip zone or simply stack AB on the pet during a morph and then blow them up under the 4 sec CS silence.
    My point is that arcane got no anti-class the way a warrior has paladins, SPs and mages as their anti class, ya dig?
    Arcane gets countered by half the specs and classes in this game. Rogues, hunters, feral druids, DKs and even enhancement shamans. There's a reason nobody plays arcane in PvP.

14. That reason is the same for why almost no one plays Enhancement - it is very difficult, not because of counterclasses. Arcane is a very fragile spec, but also the spec that packs the greatest burst in short time.

15. Oh, so Unholy has a large advantage but it's not a hard counter because I'm so good I can reliably make up for this large advantage even when both of us are at the same skill level! At this point you're just stroking your fragile ego and arguing about your own autistic semantics of hard counter, medium counter, semi counter, just a bit of of an advantage counter, large advantage counter, whatever other nonsense you can come up with counter.

Unholy > Shadow, it's as simple as that. Screech all you want about how skillful, badass and special you are that you break the norm with your special eyes, all that's gonna do is get you pitiful looks from people that know better. Just use that swollen brain for a second and realize that when both opponents are at the same level of skill and gear, one of these players having a large class advantage translates to him winning nearly or literally all of the duels.
    Jesus. You get a bit emotional when you are corrected. It’s not austistic to use the term “hard counter” appropriately. If DK hard countered Priest, it would never lose to one. Which is simply not true, and every time you and others insist it IS a hard counter just makes you appear quite noobish and simple. You can keep your pitiful looks and terrible semantics to yourself, as they really mean very little to anyone. Now please don’t reply with childish insults again unless you are willing to stand by what you say.

having large advantage is exactly what hard counter mean.large advantage literally mean that the skill gap between the 2 players must be large in favor of the priest to be able to win.if they are on similar skill level then the outcome will be very one sided,the DK will destroy the priest.
    Oh Skooby are you just jumping to your mate’s defense? I advise against it. Hard counter does not translate to large advantage.

You guys haven’t seen too many good priests if you really believe that they can’t survive 2 min against a DK without heal reduction..

First ... 23456 ... Last