1. That reason is the same for why almost no one plays Enhancement - it is very difficult, not because of counterclasses. Arcane is a very fragile spec, but also the spec that packs the greatest burst in short time.
    You're confusing complexity with just being trash. Arcane isn't unpopular because it's hard to play, it's unpopular because it's just a badly designed spec for PvP. It has extremely limited CC to blanket its burst, unlike Destruction warlocks or Frost mages and at the same time relies on cast times to deal damage, which basically means their opponent has at least 3 different ways of negating their burst at any given time. But even assuming that the arcane mage can get the distance to even start bursting is a stretch because most melee classes in this game have reliable ways of getting on top of them and making them do 0 damage and just shredding them through their terrible survivability until they're forced to Iceblock and die 5 secs after it ends.

Jesus. You get a bit emotional when you are corrected. It’s not austistic to use the term “hard counter” appropriately. If DK hard countered Priest, it would never lose to one. Which is simply not true, and every time you and others insist it IS a hard counter just makes you appear quite noobish and simple. You can keep your pitiful looks and terrible semantics to yourself, as they really mean very little to anyone. Now please don’t reply with childish insults again unless you are willing to stand by what you say.
    If cringe was an emotion, you'd be right. I don't know how to explain this to you in a more potato way than I and other people already have. If DK and priest are at the same skill and gear level and DK has a large advantage over the priest that means whenever that DK and priest fight, the DK will win every single time because he has a large advantage even when all other factors are equal, which is the definition of a counter. In order for the priest to start winning reliably, he would need to create an advantage elsewhere, by fighting significantly less skilled or geared DKs, which is why the only thing you're gonna get are pitiful looks when you're trying to brag about how good you are vs DKs. The only thing that tells us is that you're fighting either bad or undergeared DKs or just flat out lying to make your tiny pee pee bigger.

You either admit that DKs have a large advantage over Spriests and thus inherently counter them in a 1v1 fight on equal terms, meaning the only way you've been winning is by fighting scrub DKs or you completely deny that DKs have any substantial advantage over Spriests and that's how you can reliably win 1v1 vs equally skilled DKs. Claiming that DKs have a large advantage and somehow you're still winning vs equally skilled DKs just makes you look like a cringy plonker trying to look special.
    Edited: February 6, 2018

2. Oh Skooby are you just jumping to your mate’s defense? I advise against it. Hard counter does not translate to large advantage.
    i really want you to explain to us what exactly hard counter in WOW mean for you if not "having large advantage".
    if the DK player play perfectly and do not make any mistakes dont matter what you do as priest or how good you are you will lose,if thats not hard counter then i dunno what else it is.

You guys haven’t seen too many good priests if you really believe that they can’t survive 2 min against a DK without heal reduction..

so this priests are like unicorns.no one have ever seen them but they do exist.
    Edited: February 6, 2018

3. Arcane is not that weak in 1v1, instant invis and having the ability to kill someone in 4 secs is pretty op. Reason why you dont see many is because there are not that many mages in pvp to begin with. You will literally **** on any caster.

4. Arcane is not that weak in 1v1, instant invis and having the ability to kill someone in 4 secs is pretty op. Reason why you dont see many is because there are not that many mages in pvp to begin with. You will literally **** on any caster.
    You don't have the ability to kill any PvP spec in 4 secs unless they're literally AFK. Yes, arcane isn't as bad vs casters but that's not saying much about its viability. It still gets countered by more than half the physical classes in this game as well as LoS and even when it's fighting casters, it still doesn't get a free win. Arcane is basically reverse Blood DK, it's either good or complete trash depending on what you're fighting. It's the complete opposite of a spec with no counters because it has a ton of counters, no matter how good it is vs certain classes.

5. It doesnt have a ton of counters. Only thing that counters you is a hunter, or with ****ty rng rogue. If the mage is getting killed by half of the melees, then hes prob going to be killed by them as frost aswell, as its not the specs fault at this point.
    Few years ago one server had 1v1 arena that awarded gear, i was playing arcane there and i had almost 200 games and only around 15 were losses, plus it was packed by dks and sps. And i doubt that legit everybody sucked.

6. Few years ago one server had 1v1 arena.
    why we dont have this on warmane? 1v1 and solo 3s queue is something that will add alot more to do for people who are interested in PVP and its very easy to pick up for new players.

7. You don't have the ability to kill any PvP spec in 4 secs unless they're literally AFK. Yes, arcane isn't as bad vs casters but that's not saying much about its viability. It still gets countered by more than half the physical classes in this game as well as LoS and even when it's fighting casters, it still doesn't get a free win. Arcane is basically reverse Blood DK, it's either good or complete trash depending on what you're fighting. It's the complete opposite of a spec with no counters because it has a ton of counters, no matter how good it is vs certain classes.
    It sounds to me like you have not tried and mastered the spec yourself.
    For example, when I rocked my arcane mage and I came across a DK there we two very simple yet effective tactics.
    1. Simply stay within slow range but away from his grip range (if one is not good at moving in par, one can use an addon that does it automatically) and just arcane barrage him to death.
    2. Which is the tactic you employ if he sends the pet and runs the other way. A) Kill the pet or B) Sheep the DK, stack 4x ABs on the pet and blow up the DK.
    If he trinkets, CC + run off and repeat N1 until N2 opens up again.
    I have simplified this a lot, but I trust the general pattern is clear. Yet like I said, arcane is tricky to play as one needs to fight on a knife's edge, and if you can do that, then you have no counterclasses. Also like Sukacakers says, the amount of mages these days are few.

8. There's a reason nobody plays arcane in PvP.
    Except for meme damage with a full set of PvE gear in a BG. But that's about it.

9. Actually arcane can work darn nicely with rogue....It's just skill floor here player wise is terribad.

I bet if i rolled mage with shadow priest id stomp 99% of players here...
    I dont play wotlk anymore just saying....

10. Actually arcane can work darn nicely with rogue....It's just skill floor here player wise is terribad.

I bet if i rolled mage with shadow priest id stomp 99% of players here...
    I dont play wotlk anymore just saying....
    why did you stop play on wotlk? and where are you playing now?

11. Peregrine moved to Outland, much like the rest of us old timers. Sure we got characters on Icecrown but we no longer really play wotlk.
    Personally, I like TBC more as there is less emergency cooldowns, less unbalance (there is ofc to some extent), but most importantly these three reasons:
    1. No Death Grip in BGs.
    2. Fewer non GCD abilities (looking at you huntards).
    3. No OP holy paladins. Granted Rdudus are nasty, but at least they can be killed with proper burst or CC.

And ofc the crowning jewel: No Every Man For Himself. =)

12. Sums it up plus one major fact :)
    In tbc if you are bad no matter amount of gear will save you....You will never reach 1700 for example if you dont know your class.
    That feels really rewarding.

13. Yet the downside with TBC arenas is that if both teams are on equal skill levels and gear levels, comp will decide most games.

14. True that but at least no ******s carried by gear :) well most of times...

15. If cringe was an emotion, you'd be right. I don't know how to explain this to you in a more potato way than I and other people already have. If DK and priest are at the same skill and gear level and DK has a large advantage over the priest that means whenever that DK and priest fight, the DK will win every single time because he has a large advantage even when all other factors are equal, which is the definition of a counter. In order for the priest to start winning reliably, he would need to create an advantage elsewhere, by fighting significantly less skilled or geared DKs, which is why the only thing you're gonna get are pitiful looks when you're trying to brag about how good you are vs DKs. The only thing that tells us is that you're fighting either bad or undergeared DKs or just flat out lying to make your tiny pee pee bigger.
    To cringe is to express an emotion you simpleton. Explain in a potato way? You have such a grasp of the English language! I jest, you actually sound like a 10-year-old trying to type.
    If DK and priest are at the same skill and gear level and DK has a large advantage over the priest that means whenever that DK and priest fight, the DK will win every single time because he has a large advantage even when all other factors are equal, which is the definition of a counter.
    Wow you still don’t get it. This will be my 3rd attempt explaining how it works. Listen closely this time you noob.

If DK and Priest are equally skilled, then the DK will win MOST of the time. Not ALL OF THE TIME. Is that clear and “potato” enough for you to grasp this time?

You either admit that DKs have a large advantage over Spriests and thus inherently counter them in a 1v1 fight on equal terms, meaning the only way you've been winning is by fighting scrub DKs or you completely deny that DKs have any substantial advantage over Spriests and that's how you can reliably win 1v1 vs equally skilled DKs.
    No. I find the best DKs I can and duel them. The problem is there are very few equally skilled to me. If the DK and priest are equally skilled, THEN it is an interesting match. By no means does the term ‘hard counter’ come into play. The DK has a better chance to win, I don’t deny. But to say something stupid like he wins every time? Well that’s just simply incorrect and provably untrue.

If DKs truly win every time as you say then surely you could shut me up with one? Otherwise please stop wasting my time with your terribly articulated excuse for an argument.

First ... 34567 ... Last