1. Gearing to ICC

I'm having a bit of a hard time gearing, I'm not sure what to do. My DK has mainly heroic dungeon gear, including FoS, PoS, HoC, ToC, and a bit of Emblem of Triumph gear. People are usually asking for 5.5k+ gs for ICC, ToC, RS, etc groups. I'm at 4991gs. I'm aware that there was an Emblem of Frost farm during the holidays, but I missed it, and was too low to queue for heroics during that time. What is there to do from my gear score to get it up a little bit more?

2. Farm Emblem of Triumphs
    Get your 4 piece T9 set bonus and appropriate upgrades for trinkets/cloak/etc
    Get into VoA 10/25 mans
    Save up Emblem of Frosts (Do your weekly quest/daily RHC)
    Start working towards your 4 piece T10 set bonus (You'll probably have enough gearscore to get into ICC alt runs or a normal run if you're lucky)

3. Find a progressive guild that is trying to improve, they usually don't require you to have THAT high gs or impressive achievements. Try joining alt runs that are usually right before reset. Sure, you won't go very far, but you will still get SOME eofs and maybe 1 or 2 items from first bosses. Ofcourse you can always host icc or toc yourself and make whatever raid requirements you want. :)

4. Look for / create an icc 10 man with 5k gs req. You'll probably get 3-4 bosses down, but good chance to pick up some gear. I did the same with my dk tank - 4p t9, some Ony 10/25 gear (232/245), Toc 10n (4.5k gs req), Website points for trinkets / weps, etc.

I joined an icc 10n and picked up sword and cloak from marrow, and suddenly I'm 5.5. Get Icc ring and maybe pick up boes from a non reserved raid. It's definitely not easy, but after a few weeks you should be running Icc 10/25's in pugs.

Of course, joining a guild is the best thing to do, but this is my experience grinding through pugs.

5. In addition to what Chuggs said, I'd like to emphasize that even if you don't win any loot, you are still getting emblems when you kill bosses. Those emblems do build up over time, and before you know it, you will be able to buy tier items.

6. mate if you are able to raid @17/18PM ST i can shoot you an guild invite. we are kinda fresh progressing guild and you can join our toc10hc/25nm runs till you are icc ready. just add swaggybiatch ingame, im most times online around the raiding time.

7. In my opinion, get a profession (or quest for gold), and buy 274 - 294 (gearscore) BoE's from the Auction House.
    This will help boost for ICC eligibility.

Just to warn you though, gearscore means everything on this server.
    You can be a 5.2 gs player doing 7-8k dps in ICC, but if you don't have the "right" gear score.. Most pugs won't take you.

Pugs would rather take a 6k gearscored DPS that does 4k dps, rather than take a 5.2k gs doing 7-8k dps. Gearscore > Skills.

Save yourself the bullsh.. and find a progressing guild or one that has 2 raiding teams.

8. yeah, guilds are way to go but you can go solo. it just sucks cause then you wont have an guarantee of loot or even progression. sometimes, you will get exactly what you need. other times, wont get anything. at least with a guild, you got a way to get into a raid and people who want you to get better to progress better.