1. Problem with Steady Shot?

One thing I noticed, just while running dungeons, is that steady shot would stop casting if I switch target. So while I start casting steady shot on one person, if I switch target, while casting, it'll cancel the cast and not shoot at all. I do this because mobs are killed so fast, but it's rather inconvenient that I can't get that final shot before they die. I'm assuming it's bugged, and just wondering if anyone can add input.

2. It's a visual bug caused by something funky happening with the auto-attack function when you switch targets while you're casting Steady Shots. Your cast bar will appear to have inexplicably cancelled itself but so long as you don't move, you still get the Steady Shot damage at the time the cast was due to be completed anyway. You can confirm this by spamming Steady Shots alternately on a pair of dummies, and seeing that despite the cast interrupting itself, you still get the Steady Shot damage.

Using the following macro in place of your Steady Shot button straight from your spell-book seems to fix the visual bug:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /cast !auto shot
    /cast Steady Shot

The other possible explanation is that the mobs you had just queued a Steady Shot on were, in fact, already dead before the spell could finish casting, but that would've been easier to notice.

3. Let's just look at the name of that shot... It's "Steady". When you switch targets, it isn't "Steady" anymore.

4. Alright thanks, DarkenedHue, for the info. It did turn out to just be a visual bug. I actually tried the macro but it only seemed to work at the beginning but seems to be going back to the same problem. Anyways, it's rather minor so I won't bother with it too much.

And H4T3, yea well I guess that certainly does make sense considering its name. :P