1. In the past, when someone asked me for a gold to train skills or a mount I'd gladly help out or offer free portals to anyone that needed it. These days everyone wants gold for portals and says that he cannot spare a few measely coins when he's dressed in the best gear. Why are people so stingy these days ? Is it the yearly gold squish to blame or what, the decreased population ?
    You realize that most of those gold beggars have several chars with gold cap that they got just by begging, right? I've had quite a few of them show me all of their gold. And they all keep begging after you give them gold, no matter how much you give them. Hence why smart people do not give gold to these pathetic leeches.

2. Deranox has a good point.
    This is not about gold beggars, it’s just about being human and willing to help. I was many times in situation where I needed help but haven’t asked for it - but I was tempted to ask.

This doesn’t mean that I am going to help gold beggar always or often, but it’s just ok to do so sometimes. Same as help someone finish Nagrand arena or carry a lowbie through few levels.

If people receive help, there’s more chance that they will offer help to someone else - it’s called KINDNESS a characteristic of a human being who is not nerdy or selfish gamer(majority).

The last sentence is answer to your thread questiono Deranox and you see many examples here in replies.
    :)
    Edited: January 29, 2018

3. no reason to help some randomer on the internet.

4. The fact that they need help should be more than enough.

Why the hell would I open a portal for some random guy on the internet? Well, it’s 5 seconds for me and 20 minutes for them. How’s that not enough?

5. Someone gets it. It's not about the spammers, there will always be those kinds of people. People just stopped helping in general. Maybe because of spammers, but I think it's that people have grown colder in the last few years. You can usually tell when its a spammer and when its a new guy leveling up. My spammers are usually annoying and arrogant while the new guy is clearing leveling when you look at his gear and talents. And that's just about gold.

Someone mentioned portals ... why not ? I used to do it all the time for free (started fresh, new toon so I can't now for those asking) while so many others these days ask for gold as if its Vanilla. Give the guy a lift, save him 20 or more mins and just feel good about it. Ask for reagents if you're so picky, but give him the portal. People don't even do that these days (tested).
    Edited: January 29, 2018

6. The fact that they need help should be more than enough.
    nope

Someone gets it. It's not about the spammers, there will always be those kinds of people. People just stopped helping in general. Maybe because of spammers, but I think it's that people have grown colder in the last few years. You can usually tell when its a spammer and when its a new guy leveling up. My spammers are usually annoying and arrogant while the new guy is clearing leveling when you look at his gear and talents.
    new guy can grab proffs and work for his gold rather than asking for a handout. most are simply to lazy to bother.

7. To each their own, but it's an MMO. Much of the replayability in it for me is helping people out (not necessarily just to be "nice"), because without those interactions I'd be even more bored with the game than what I already am. Probably would've quit entirely back in 2010.

8. To each their own, but it's an MMO. Much of the replayability in it for me is helping people out (not necessarily just to be "nice"), because without those interactions I'd be even more bored with the game than what I already am. Probably would've quit entirely back in 2010.
    I'm more of a solo gamer. i've joined a guild on occasion but it usually doesn't last long, i don't care much for interacting with a bunch of different people. only time the mmo aspect overly comes into play for me is when you absolutely need a group, such as the raids etc.

9. Someone mentioned portals ... why not ? I used to do it all the time for free (started fresh, new toon so I can't now for those asking) while so many others these days ask for gold as if its Vanilla. Give the guy a lift, save him 20 or more mins and just feel good about it. Ask for reagents if you're so picky, but give him the portal. People don't even do that these days (tested).
    I remember seeing a guy asking mage: “Can I get portal to Dalaran?” And the anawer was and only this: “1000g” and that mage wasn’t joking.

Mommy’s boy deserved a slap in my world.

10. I'm more of a solo gamer. i've joined a guild on occasion but it usually doesn't last long, i don't care much for interacting with a bunch of different people. only time the mmo aspect overly comes into play for me is when you absolutely need a group, such as the raids etc.
    Everyone is welcome to play the game their own way, but I would still contradict your initial statement. There is plenty reason and incentive to help random people. If those things don't appeal to you, then that's fine. Doesn't mean those reasons and incentives aren't there though.

However, at the same time, that doesn't mean that people should be forced to be held to social standards and be treated inappropriately for approaching the game differently (guy talking about slapping others above me, for ex).

11. That’s only figure of speech, explaining my frustration when a player is trying to abuse other player who’s in need of help. Nothing more.

Have mercy, Mercy :)

12. Oh, I didn't mean anything against you by it. Just how I interpreted things.

13. I'm more of a solo gamer. i've joined a guild on occasion but it usually doesn't last long, i don't care much for interacting with a bunch of different people. only time the mmo aspect overly comes into play for me is when you absolutely need a group, such as the raids etc.
    Wow, look at this guy. He plays massively multiplayer online games all by his massive self, like his favorite protagonist from Sword Art Online. He joined a guild but had to leave because all the people reminded him of his dark past. No, they cannot be trusted. Only beasts are above deceit, like his favorite animal - the lone wolf. You walk into a tavern, this guy is sitting in the darkest corner with his hood up, absolute enigma. Might save you from the thugs but only because they're making too much noise. Spoke once, it was a Batman one liner. Likes black, reminds him of home. Those scars? You don't wanna know. Kill count: you don't wanna know either. You think you can mess with this guy? Nothin personnel, kids but he can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with his bare hands.
    Edited: January 30, 2018

14. Wow, look at this guy. He plays massively multiplayer online games all by his massive self, like his favorite protagonist from Sword Art Online. He joined a guild but had to leave because all the people reminded him of his dark past. No, they cannot be trusted. Only beasts are above deceit, like his favorite animal - the lone wolf. You walk into a tavern, this guy is sitting in the darkest corner with his hood up, absolute enigma. Might save you from the thugs but only because they're making too much noise. Spoke once, it was a Batman one liner. Likes black, reminds him of home. Those scars? You don't wanna know. Kill count: you don't wanna know either. You think you can mess with this guy? Nothin personnel, kids but he can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with his bare hands.
    that's 1 hell of a rp bio.

15. In the past, when someone asked me for a gold to train skills or a mount I'd gladly help out or offer free portals to anyone that needed it. These days everyone wants gold for portals and says that he cannot spare a few measely coins when he's dressed in the best gear. Why are people so stingy these days ? Is it the yearly gold squish to blame or what, the decreased population ?
    You can thank for that same people one helps out,but once they get gold they continue begging.

No more gold,you can die and rot in front of me,i wouldn't help you.

First 123 Last