1. Why don't people help out each other anymore ?

In the past, when someone asked me for a gold to train skills or a mount I'd gladly help out or offer free portals to anyone that needed it. These days everyone wants gold for portals and says that he cannot spare a few measely coins when he's dressed in the best gear. Why are people so stingy these days ? Is it the yearly gold squish to blame or what, the decreased population ?

2. the decreased population ?
    Come again?

Attribute your anecdotes to no one but yourself. If gold begging wasn't working, there wouldn't be so many gold beggars running around. WoW isn't real life where a variety of factors outside of your control can prevent you from having a sufficient income. In-game beggars have no excuse besides laziness as to why they can't just go and make the gold they need to train, especially on high rate servers. And if you actually think you're helping anyone by giving these people what they beg for, think again. The only thing you're doing is actively encouraging them to continue tainting major cities with their annoying presence and making the experience worse for the people who are actually trying to play the game.

3. What days are you referring to? This has always been the case with WoW economies since 2004.

Most folk do not donate to beggars (be it coins or services), as the sums of copper/silver needed at pre-60 levels is laughably easy to acquire, and players should be engaging in gameplay in order to attain it. There are probably enough suckers out there who will turn over a gold to beggars, which makes it worthwhile to stick an alt collecting coins in a city.

These sorts or things are the primary driver in joining a guild prior to end game for new players. Giving away free services and money to strangers is fairly counter to gameplay. If you have an active leveling guild, then by all means share the wealth around the guild, and hold folk accountable for putting it to good use.

4. Well it's all good and I understand your point, but how is one to manage when you have no way of getting a mount at lvl 20 on Lordaeron and train all of your skills when they start to cost close to 1g each. Especially the mount is a huge handicap not to have as early as possible.

5. The same way that tens of millions of others have. The best way, if starting as a fresh main character, with no alts to help, is to complete quests.

6. In Vanilla wow people didn't have mounts at lvl 40 and 60, because they cost too much, it was only lvl 60 people running around with lvl 40 mount speed and only people who has been 60 for some time and had enough gold to buy epic mount.

Only thing I learned from "helping people" is that it will only make them quit the game faster, players need the struggle, the feeling that they have achieved something, if you take that away by giving everyone everything, it spoils them.

Mounts was a huge thing in Vanilla, and it sure was something special getting your first one, not like today.

7. Well it's all good and I understand your point, but how is one to manage when you have no way of getting a mount at lvl 20 on Lordaeron and train all of your skills when they start to cost close to 1g each. Especially the mount is a huge handicap not to have as early as possible.
    Actually, getting a mount and having all skills bought by 20 is pretty easy. Just get one gathering proffession and sell some stuff gather on auction house. It's not hard at all.

8. Actually, getting a mount and having all skills bought by 20 is pretty easy. Just get one gathering proffession and sell some stuff gather on auction house. It's not hard at all.
    That or pick up Tailoring and Skinning and start farming materials and craft gear. Then NPC off said gear.

9. Yes, but picking a profession purely for the cash when its not suited for your class ? I'm running a fresh mage that has no use for skinning and we all know tailoring is only useful with enchanting which means all green+ go into that so no cash income from there.

10. Hehehe. I’ll tell u something. So recently I was playing on my charecter and one guy asked me to spare some gold. I had plenty of it so I gave it to him. Just after 5 min or so when I logged into my apt to transfer some items to my main.... the same guy was asking me again for gold. Like wtf? These people are very lazy and try to earn a lot by begging everyone in the main cities. They probably do earn a lot by begging. I’m not saying everyone is like this... but I’m sure majority of them are.

11. Hehehe. I’ll tell u something. So recently I was playing on my charecter and one guy asked me to spare some gold. I had plenty of it so I gave it to him. Just after 5 min or so when I logged into my apt to transfer some items to my main.... the same guy was asking me again for gold. Like wtf? These people are very lazy and try to earn a lot by begging everyone in the main cities. They probably do earn a lot by begging. I’m not saying everyone is like this... but I’m sure majority of them are.

Oi sagar ! Tune bhikari ko paisa kyu diya be! Usko kamane deta na apna apna paisa

12. Yes, but picking a profession purely for the cash when its not suited for your class ? I'm running a fresh mage that has no use for skinning and we all know tailoring is only useful with enchanting which means all green+ go into that so no cash income from there.
    That's why the skills can be unlearned. You get 2 gathering professions and AH all those items while leveling to have a decent income. As you reach lvl 80 and get the epic flying and stuff with the help of those gathering professions drop them and take the ones which you really need and then earn gold from that.
    Also people don't loot trash from mobs , i say loot that trash too if you vendor trash collected from one instance a decent amount of gold can be earned.

13. Getting gold while leveling is easier on Lordaeron than on Icecrown, because rates, and having a mount at lvl 20 is a privilege not a right, its the same for flying skill and dual spec so quit complaining people aint giving you gold.
    My first char here was a priest, I picked mining proffession and farmed copper ore like crazy, everybody wants copper ore, its a good strategy. I then abandoned mining afew days later after I realised Tin/bronze was worth s***.
    I also got money farming Eggs from low level birds, that was needed for some world event at the time, not sure which. Love is in the air event is coming soon, and I think you can sell bracelets, its very good business for a low level.

14. Taras khaake de diya usko. Saalo pe daya aati hai kabhi kabhi

15. Yes, but picking a profession purely for the cash when its not suited for your class ? I'm running a fresh mage that has no use for skinning and we all know tailoring is only useful with enchanting which means all green+ go into that so no cash income from there.
    Actually, your fresh mage will benefit off of skinning.

Cause you know to make boots you generally need leather which you won't have if you pick up enchanting. On top of that your income drops.

123 Last