1. Outland questions...

Hey guys i had a few questions about Outland. I would love to invest lots of time in the server so i can raid with a guild. My only concern is the cash shop. How many people use the cash shop for gear? Is there a significant amount of more "bought gear" players? Do lots of guilds still raid if so many people have bought gear ( asking because if everyone has bought gear, whats the point of raiding weekly? )?

2. Uhm, the cash shop only offers cosmetics for the most part and the items that it does offer ... there are much better ones in-game.

3. The purchased-gear players are fairly indistinguishable from those who obtained it via raiding. There are certainly some players with gear that out-shines their capabilities and performance, but you'll find the same in characters that have been carried through raids.

The gear available for purchase on Outland is a tier behind/lower than the latest in-game content, so no one is particularly purchasing their way into the progression-level content.

Many end-game guilds exist (several hundred players across the two factions) and still currently run from Normal Dungeons through Black temple, and everything in between.

4. Tons of people buy gear. It's actually unbelievable. More than you'd ever think. Probably the majority of people on the server tbh. The amount of bought DSTs and ALDs etc is rampant. And those items almost never drop because Gruul drops one item instead of two like he should. As soon as kael and Vashj got released on the shop a week ago, suddenly vashj and kael maces are everywhere.

That said, there are tons of competitive pve guilds still. You might even be able to find one that doesn't allow their players to use the shop. There are at least a few of those around.