1. What is the Defense and Expertise cap for ICC 25 HC AND RS 25 HC?

I know that there is written on the forum that defense cap is 540 and Expertise should be 26 and 56 for few ...... scripted bosses. And since you know warmane... ...should I follow the 540 defense cap or go for more and should I go for 56 Expertise or just leave it somewhere in between or make an Expertise protection set for that very well scripted bosses.
    Thanks in advance.

2. 540 def cap for raids(you can get as much as you want but everything after 540 is no need it)
    56 exp is for lady, sindra and halion because they have parry haste on (aka when they parry your att they will insta att you one more time so you will get 2 melee hits from boss under 1 sec) for the rest of bosses you can go with 26 exp
    everything depends on class you are playing, so you can just go with 26exp and stack stamina because even if you have 56 exp there is so much pro players here that want to stand in front of boss or they cant move their pets from front side of boss because that is dmg loss for them so you will get double hits when ever boss parry their pets or them (so better go with 26 exp and try to get as much stamina as you can)

p.s. 3 pets = 3 parry's = normal melee att + 3 att from parry haste proc funny :D

3. 540 def cap for raids(you can get as much as you want but everything after 540 is no need it)
    56 exp is for lady, sindra and halion because they have parry haste on (aka when they parry your att they will insta att you one more time so you will get 2 melee hits from boss under 1 sec) for the rest of bosses you can go with 26 exp
    everything depends on class you are playing, so you can just go with 26exp and stack stamina because even if you have 56 exp there is so much pro players here that want to stand in front of boss or they cant move their pets from front side of boss because that is dmg loss for them so you will get double hits when ever boss parry their pets or them (so better go with 26 exp and try to get as much stamina as you can)

p.s. 3 pets = 3 parry's = normal melee att + 3 att from parry haste proc funny :D
    Spoiler: Show

4. If you think that is not how it works, you haven't been playing long enough on warmane. Although I think 540 cap is not right, since some friends are telling me I should go for 580+
    Edited: February 2, 2018

5. If you think that is not how it works, you haven't been playing long enough on warmane. Although I think 540 cap is not right, since some friends are telling me I should go for 580+
    i meant parry haste part

def cap is 540

6. I know that there is written on the forum that defense cap is 540 and Expertise should be 26 and 56 for few ...... scripted bosses. And since you know warmane... ...should I follow the 540 defense cap or go for more and should I go for 56 Expertise or just leave it somewhere in between or make an Expertise protection set for that very well scripted bosses.
    Thanks in advance.
    56 expertise is not a realistic value that you can reach without sacrificing a lot of other much-needed stats. It is not something you should aim to get, ever. Going above 26 is OK, if you just happen to get that much, as it is a threat increase against any boss. But if you have a choice of not getting excess expertise, do so.

7. Point of def cap is to not get crushing blows from boss. Crushing blow hits for 150% normal damage.
    Of coarse defence provides more avoidance stats, which are always good thing to have. But Armor and Stamina is worth more. So you put that 225 armor enchant on back instead of 20 defence rating. Unless it puts you over 540 cap(its actually 538.8..).

I have 29 expertise, just happen to have that from gear and to be hones I don't recall getting oneshotted by Sindragosa.

What I found you can get over 219 resistance with minor sacrifices, which puts your minor resists at 20%. Good thing on high magic spikes like breaths.

8. Point of def cap is to not get crushing blows from boss.
    Actually it's to prevent crits which hit for 200%. Uncrushability is no longer a factor in Wrath.

9. Every time you parry an attack the time remaining before your next auto attack is reduced.
    Thus a death knight with a big slow two hander and high parry chance can actually land auto-attacks fairly quickly if they are frequently parrying incoming attacks.
    Conversely this also means that a raid boss will hit the tank harder if the boss is parrying player attacks. Tanks therefore value expertise to reduce the chance of this happening and melee damage dealers should remain behind the boss where their attacks can not be parried or else they can increase the damage their tank takes.

This is what wowhead sais about Parry haste. And LK should not have parry haste according to wowwiki.

10. 26 expertise is enough to tank any boss. All this stamina that you sacrifice will hurt your survivability more than your own parries, especially since theres always somoene else parry-hasting the boss, even a pet or snake from the trap. With 540 defense youre crit capped and wont be critically struck other than on specific boss mechanic, like Instructor Razuvious's unbalancing strike. If you can get more expertise without sacrificing stamina or armor then by all means do it but otherwise it isnt worth it. Its a stat that is VERY lacking in high end gear, only Mithrios and VDW feet have it on them so if you need more get enchant on gloves or consider tier legs.

11. 26 expertise is enough to tank any boss. All this stamina that you sacrifice will hurt your survivability more than your own parries, especially since theres always somoene else parry-hasting the boss, even a pet or snake from the trap. With 540 defense youre crit capped and wont be critically struck other than on specific boss mechanic, like Instructor Razuvious's unbalancing strike. If you can get more expertise without sacrificing stamina or armor then by all means do it but otherwise it isnt worth it. Its a stat that is VERY lacking in high end gear, only Mithrios and VDW feet have it on them so if you need more get enchant on gloves or consider tier legs.
    Tank tier pants should give a good chunk of expertise. If you go 4 set with mace+boots you'll have a good amount of expertise and from there on our you can decide what else you wana try. TOGC has 258 Bracers+Cape that both give expertise and you lose less then 30 stam on each item compared to its 277 counterpart. You can also decide to gem some expertise in red sockets if the socket bonus is worth it and if u want more expertise.

Also fights like Sindragosa and Halion HC are doable with 26 expertise but its nice to have more. If you're doing these bosses HC there shouldn't be snake traps/treants etc. parrying the boss and its very easy to have hunters and warlocks preposition their pets so they don't parry either. In any decent raid the tank will be the only one parrying the boss so expertise is not bad in these moments.

12. Tank tier pants should give a good chunk of expertise. If you go 4 set with mace+boots you'll have a good amount of expertise and from there on our you can decide what else you wana try. TOGC has 258 Bracers+Cape that both give expertise and you lose less then 30 stam on each item compared to its 277 counterpart. You can also decide to gem some expertise in red sockets if the socket bonus is worth it and if u want more expertise.
    Most of the item exchanges you mentioned require the tank in question to give up more than just stamina. Armor is also an extremely important component.

13. Most of the item exchanges you mentioned require the tank in question to give up more than just stamina. Armor is also an extremely important component.
    I agree with you armor is important but the gear adjusts I'm suggesting aren't a significant drop in armor. You still will have both armor prices of t10 as well as either the armor ring or the armor neck as you will have to substitute out 1 for more hit rating since you lose some hit with 4set. But not that much hit since the 1 off piece you go with will have hit. So we're talking about maybe a 400 armor loss and a <60 Stam loss. That's a beneficial trade for more expertise on those 2 fights because you won't live two rapid hits but you can live two massive slow hits.

Also if your main concern is just armor you can go for a full armor build that puts you at armor cap. But armor cap doesn't seem to be that much damage reduction compared to 38-40k armor.

14. I agree with you armor is important but the gear adjusts I'm suggesting aren't a significant drop in armor.
    Over 1k armor loss is not significant?

15. I am relatively certain that the armor downgrade from swapping the EoF cloak and the DBS 10hc bracers is bigger than 1k when compared to the ToGC downgrades.

123 ... Last