1. It shouldn't happen often.

Also, Sindragosa and Halion are two very different encounters for tanks. I wouldn't lump them together.
    Halion does hit very hard with his melees, I know. The damage for Halion is physical, fire and shadow. The latter two depending on the realm you are in. Of course you already know this, but bear with me.

Sindragosa is different in that the magical damage during that encounter are frost and arcane. At the start of WotLK, players were presented with the frost resistance crafted set(s) specifically for Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad (a design decision Blizzard didn't go forward with in later tiers). I have personally tanked Sindragosa on both a DK and a Paladin, multiple times over, for a number of years. On all difficulties, as well. Almost always, I use my frost resistance set. This set on my Paladin puts me at 37k armor, 21 expertise. On my DK, I am at 33.9k armor and 25 expertise. Self-buffs.
    I've never died to a parry-hasted attack from Sindragosa. Ever. That's not to say she hasn't parry-hasted me, but just that damage is never what would kill me on that fight. There are other things in that fight that are far more threatening. Hence the frost resistance set.

Halion is very different because there isn't an effective usable shadow or fire resistance set. And of course his melee attacks hit harder than Sindragosa. I'd be worried if they didn't, considering he is a full half-tier above Sindragosa. But it's also a fight that both the tanks and the healers have to change their approach in order to handle it well. Flame Breath hurts, and there isn't a resistance set for it. But if none of your raiders are standing in fire, then there's not going to be any damage going out aside from the occasional debuff and the tank damage. That changes in the shadow realm of the fight, but the bulk tank damage is still a concern and is usually the focus of the healers.
    I have died to parry-hasted attacks on Halion, but that has only ever been in combination with a breath that I didn't have a CD for.

TLDR; On those fights, parry-hasted attacks shouldn't be too common, and they shouldn't be life-threatening. It's the magic damage you should be more worried about.
    By no means am I trying to silence your opinion here, if it comes across as me trying to I apologise. Never my intention, I enjoy these discussion immensely and wish there were more on these forums(could help keep everyone up to date on current server meta). I never knew there was added arcane damage in sindragosa explains why warriors get so ****ed.
    But anyway, I'd like to add that boss damage is greater on this server then it was in retail, also parry haste mechanics are much quicker and produce incredible rapid hits. We've tested this a number of times on RS/LK/DBS/Marrowgar,VoA and EoE. If you look at the damage you take as a tank with bis gear and compare it to retail realm first videos from POVs of tanks our warmane tanks are getting hit harder a huge majority of the time. Hell even soul reaper wasn't as bad on retail as it is here. So I always make adjustments to try and fit the servers boss mechanics. Honestly thats what makes tanking so ****ing fun on warmane. Fights aren't entirely static here and thats exciting you have to be on alert or something like parry haste will smack the crap out of you. Also I recommend healing the outside phase of RS HC because phase 3 healing gets rough. Lots of healers comment about how ****ty is doing outside for the past 3 months.

2. It shouldn't happen often.

Also, Sindragosa and Halion are two very different encounters for tanks. I wouldn't lump them together.
    Halion does hit very hard with his melees, I know. The damage for Halion is physical, fire and shadow. The latter two depending on the realm you are in. Of course you already know this, but bear with me.

Sindragosa is different in that the magical damage during that encounter are frost and arcane. At the start of WotLK, players were presented with the frost resistance crafted set(s) specifically for Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad (a design decision Blizzard didn't go forward with in later tiers). I have personally tanked Sindragosa on both a DK and a Paladin, multiple times over, for a number of years. On all difficulties, as well. Almost always, I use my frost resistance set. This set on my Paladin puts me at 37k armor, 21 expertise. On my DK, I am at 33.9k armor and 25 expertise. Self-buffs.
    I've never died to a parry-hasted attack from Sindragosa. Ever. That's not to say she hasn't parry-hasted me, but just that damage is never what would kill me on that fight. There are other things in that fight that are far more threatening. Hence the frost resistance set.

Halion is very different because there isn't an effective usable shadow or fire resistance set. And of course his melee attacks hit harder than Sindragosa. I'd be worried if they didn't, considering he is a full half-tier above Sindragosa. But it's also a fight that both the tanks and the healers have to change their approach in order to handle it well. Flame Breath hurts, and there isn't a resistance set for it. But if none of your raiders are standing in fire, then there's not going to be any damage going out aside from the occasional debuff and the tank damage. That changes in the shadow realm of the fight, but the bulk tank damage is still a concern and is usually the focus of the healers.
    I have died to parry-hasted attacks on Halion, but that has only ever been in combination with a breath that I didn't have a CD for.

TLDR; On those fights, parry-hasted attacks shouldn't be too common, and they shouldn't be life-threatening. It's the magic damage you should be more worried about.
    No tank has used a resistance set on 25 heroic Sindy in about 6 months (or whenever they buffed boss white hits) with the current state of Warmane. You'll get absolutely destroyed because you don't have the EHP to survive parry-hasted autos which you personally will cause to happen at least 2-3 times per encounter and which the mdps and pets will cause at least a few times (especially with current pet scripts sending them to the front). Furthermore, like you stated in another post, oftentimes the only healer spamming heals on tank is the holy paladin. This is exacerbated on Sindy by unchained magic which can leave you would only 1-2 effective healers which may not include the hpala (in worse guilds it can leave you with .5 healers, in the better guilds it's not a problem at all). This lack of healing power means that oftentimes the only way to survive a parry hasted attack is to have enough EHP to soak 3 attacks with minimal healing (~85-95k hp depending on class and cds), or to never have parry haste.

Also, the magic damage on Sindy is a complete non-issue since you know when the peaks of damage are coming and can plan your cds around it. She does 2 breaths and 1 blistering cold every flight phase, and with the current meta tactics at most 2 breaths in p2. CDs can be rotated for these 3 peaks either alone or with coordination with your healers/paladins (which I know you love Mercy).

If any tank is seriously worried about magic damage on Sindy, don't use frost resist gear. Get a lesser flask of resistance instead of a health flask; it will give you an effective 6% increase in magic damage resistance.

3. 2 parries equals to almost instant next hit and let's assume tanking Halion outside with a big add on you, and being unlucky enuf to get 3 hits at the same time it's pretty much bai life. Avoiding pointless deaths and wipes is worth the expertise cap.
    Not that I don't agree about heaping on loads of Expertise on Halion 25hc, but the situation described here is within one's power to prevent. For as long as you're tanking both the Inferno and the boss, you should only be focused on attacking the Inferno. And you mustn't use any Swipes, nor glyphed Maul (unless Parry hard-capped). Unless someone else triggers the parry-haste, this will make sure you're never hit simultaneously with 3 big hits. The Living Inferno itself won't parry you because it's only level 82.

4. It's not the 1 parry problem it's the 2 parries in a row problem. 2 parries equals to almost instant next hit and let's assume tanking Halion outside with a big add on you, and being unlucky enuf to get 3 hits at the same time it's pretty much bai life. Avoiding pointless deaths and wipes is worth the expertise cap.
    1. 2 parries in a row is a very rare thing even when being far away from hard cap.
    2. It is in the full controle of a tank to allow being parried two times in a row. So many tanks here bi*tch about their controle about all their cds and attacks (dk self heal), so no one is spamming mindless and simply stop attack after parry should not be so difficult.

5. 1. 2 parries in a row is a very rare thing even when being far away from hard cap.
    2. It is in the full controle of a tank to allow being parried two times in a row. So many tanks here bi*tch about their controle about all their cds and attacks (dk self heal), so no one is spamming mindless and simply stop attack after parry should not be so difficult.
    First off, 2 repeated parry's happen fairly often I'm sindragosa and halion. I have even seen the double parry haste on LDW and seen tanks get chunked pretty low.
    Your 2nd point is wrong and makes fairly little sense. Most tanks going for halion and sindragosa heroic know how to pop CDs and aren't button mashing over and over again. Parry's happen it's an RNG factor in this game just like crit is. You saying it's in tanks control to handle this and then ***** about using CDs, makes it seem like you've never seriously tanked an encounter before.

6. First off, 2 repeated parry's happen fairly often I'm sindragosa and halion. I have even seen the double parry haste on LDW and seen tanks get chunked pretty low.
    Source? As long as the tank is the only one who can get parried, the chance of two parries in a row is very low. If you encounter taht fairly often, you might want to look at your dds first.

Your 2nd point is wrong and makes fairly little sense. Most tanks going for halion and sindragosa heroic know how to pop CDs and aren't button mashing over and over again. Parry's happen it's an RNG factor in this game just like crit is. You saying it's in tanks control to handle this and then ***** about using CDs, makes it seem like you've never seriously tanked an encounter before.
    It is not that hard to simply stop attack after a parry, to limit the chance of a "two parries in a row" to zero.

7. It super easy to be expertise hard-capped without losing any considerable amount of EHP.
    For feral tanks it's the easiest thing ever, with crafted expertise boots and 2-3 stamina+expertise gems.
    For plate tanks [warriors and paladins] just go for Cataclysmic Chestguard and get other 4 pieces of t10 [or even on paladin go with 2/5]. It gives a nice chunk of stamina, armor and pure avoidance [defense] & heafty amount of expertise. For Halion tanking it's a must.
    For Blood DK tank it's somewhat different. Their swing timer is super slow thus hardcapping expertise is still good but not as mandatory as it is on 1.6 weapon speed tanks.

At the end, the trick lays here:
    1. Expertise Food
    2. Expertise Elixir
    3. Armor Elixir

You can stack all of those [the only downside is they don't resist death effect, so if you wipe a lot prepare few stacks of these].

In the end what do you lose going for Cataclysmic Chestguard? Small amount of EHP but you gain a lot more than you lose. Halion can't kill any tanking spec in this game if parry haste is being controled or prevented [with descent healing ofc].
    ToGC or T9.5 gear is a big no no. There's a reason why it's being called T9 [whole tier below the gear you actually need to kill Halion/LK].
    Edited: April 16, 2018

First ... 234