1. Hit rating

I noticed today that i am missing quite often with my spells in pvp vs races without dodge or any racial of this sort.I'm a draenei with 4,77% hit rating.Anyone else?

2. I noticed today that i am missing quite often with my spells in pvp vs races without dodge or any racial of this sort.I'm a draenei with 4,77% hit rating.Anyone else?
    You need more hit rating. Minimum is 5%, the more the better till 8%

3. You need more hit rating. Minimum is 5%, the more the better till 8%
    with my racial as i have stated i am 5,77 hit rating which should be plenty what im saying is that at random times i miss every other spell which isnt normal

4. some class have talent that reduce 1 / 2 / 3% to be hit by spells or melees like "dk - frigid dreadplate / pala - divine purpose / mage - arctic winds / etc "

5. i have 7.59% and still missing so dont worry .. its not our fault

6. i have 7.59% and still missing so dont worry .. its not our fault
    If it's not your fault, then why do you think you will never miss with 7.59% increased hit chance?

You need more hit rating. Minimum is 5%, the more the better till 8%
    Why until 8%?

I understand why the vast majority of players do not get the hit cap for pvp - that's a sacrifice many make and are aware of. But it's not 8%. It's higher than that. Just on a Blood Elf Retribution Paladin, they have a racial increases their chance to be hit by spells by 2%, and a talent (that is considered mandatory for pvp, by the way) that increases their chance to be hit by ranged attacks and spells by an additional 4%.

That's just one character that has a whopping 11% chance to be missed. That's not even going into other classes that have similarly functioning talents and racials. So, why 8%?

7. If it's not your fault, then why do you think you will never miss with 7.59% increased hit chance?
    Why can't warmane round up to whole numbers for me

8. there are Talents that reduce chance to be hitted by spell ( Ret, Rog Sub, Prot War... etc)
    There are spells that reduce your change to hit by x% ( insect swarm, suffering)

Btw base hit cap for Spell pvp is 4% ( for melee is 5% instead)

9. If it's not your fault, then why do you think you will never miss with 7.59% increased hit chance?

Why until 8%?

I understand why the vast majority of players do not get the hit cap for pvp - that's a sacrifice many make and are aware of. But it's not 8%. It's higher than that. Just on a Blood Elf Retribution Paladin, they have a racial increases their chance to be hit by spells by 2%, and a talent (that is considered mandatory for pvp, by the way) that increases their chance to be hit by ranged attacks and spells by an additional 4%.

That's just one character that has a whopping 11% chance to be missed. That's not even going into other classes that have similarly functioning talents and racials. So, why 8%?
    Isn't hit rating supposed to mitigate the chance of missing a player or an npc based on his level, not talents?
    Chance to miss an 80 humanoid, while playing a level 80 character, is 5% for melees. So, hit rating should cover only that, missing. If you have enough hit, you should never ever miss, while they can dodge/parry/resist. Therefor, it should say dodged/parried/resisted, because you already covered humanoid vs humanoid chances of missing. And, if you count their talents and everything else, you need enough of expertise not to get dodged. Hit rating shouldn't reduce their chances of dodging, too. Am I missing something here?

10. Isn't hit rating supposed to mitigate the chance of missing a player or an npc based on his level, not talents?
    Chance to miss an 80 humanoid, while playing a level 80 character, is 5% for melees. So, hit rating should cover only that, missing. If you have enough hit, you should never ever miss, while they can dodge/parry/resist. Therefor, it should say dodged/parried/resisted, because you already covered humanoid vs humanoid chances of missing. And, if you count their talents and everything else, you need enough of expertise not to get dodged. Hit rating shouldn't reduce their chances of dodging, too. Am I missing something here?
    They are talking spell hit. You need more hit rating, cos you're missing the op question :P

11. You didn't really understand the conversation. Be that spell or melee, it's a matter of a number, 4 or 6% is not making much of a difference. They were confusing hit rating with expertise, and people keep doing so for an unknown reason.

12. Apparently, there should be also racials taken into consideration, so on top of the 4% chance to miss, you'd need another 2% for spells. Am I wrong? I'd like to know, too.

13. You didn't really understand the conversation. Be that spell or melee, it's a matter of a number, 4 or 6% is not making much of a difference. They were confusing hit rating with expertise, and people keep doing so for an unknown reason.
    Nobody said anything about dodge or parry, you might be confusing this with another thread.
    And yes, you may need more hit against some classes.