1. the attitude of retail wow ruins tbc experience

i remember tbc and vanilla as being a very social experience compared to todays version of wow. but when i log in these days on outland i have issues finding guild (even if i ask around) , i have issues finding groups ( even if i ask around) , people dont respond, people wont group up for quests.

why are people today so ignorant and antisocial in maybe the most social video game of all time?

yes times change, but when the great social aspect from 10 years ago gets thrown aside by todays wow retail attitude. even tbc and vanilla becomes uninviting.

2. warmane has the worst community across all pservers, imo

3. x2

warmane has the worst community across all pservers, imo
    x3 x4 x5 x6

4. This is very strange.

Because in my experience, I have not had any problem going in Groups / Guilds. Myself have recruited more than 20 members in my guild and 18 of them didn't even ask to join (but they were Guild less so I asked them).

I play on Alliance side where people do talk / socialize / make fun / etc. etc..

Also, I see some recruitment messages in /global all day. And of-course here on forums there are people recruiting.

So my guess is that you must be logging at the time when only bots are online because of your timezone maybe? I'm usually online between 7pm to 12am server time. Fun time.

5. I have a bunch of aquaintences in game. All nice fellows from a smorgasbord of countries and cultures. Vast majority of the human population of this server just want to have fun, be it through new experience or reminiscence.

If you're having a bad time with pugs and feel that the community is toxic, it would be sage advice to turn some of the critique inward and question what you're bringing to the table, so to say. Are you providing clipped responses? Are you typing phrases that are ill-construed sarcasm? Are you setting requirements and expectations of groups up front...or merely complaining that things don't go the way you expected them to go in your own mind because "that's the way it should be"?

I would argue, for one thing, that retail servers were not any sort of delightful candyland in which we all froliced and collected our warglaives. There were trolls, buffoons, and narcissists aplenty even in 2006. It was just as common to ignore random whispers, and to seek PUG members who overgear an instance back then as it is now. The only noticable differences are that this is not a regional server, and we are indeed crossing MANY cultures and languages; and that some cursed fool developed a gearscore mod for this client, though that merely provides a more precise tool for what would have already been happening anyway.

I would argue, for another thing, that anyone I've known to come to the game with a light heart and open attitude do attain great joy and value from the game and this specific server. Spend a week or a month finding anyone you enjoy playing with, and join their guild. Odds are fair that guilds pull together like-minded members, be they obsessive quest-lovers, cutthroat arena competitors, minmax progression raiders, or just drunk karaoke singers. If you cannot find a couple dozen folk of like mind among the several thousand players, you are likely imposing your own negativity and pessimism into the game, and will not find what you are looking for anywhere here.

6. Your GS is probably too low for these great players to acknowledge you.

7. Your GS is probably too low for these great players to acknowledge you.
    LOL, that^

8. warmane has the worst community across all pservers, imo
    This is pretty true, between Gearscore, battlegrounds starting with lopsided numbers 8 vs 15, and every heroic group reserving the primal nether, there's little to no reason to log in anymore unless it's raid time.

9. if you dont like gearscore then start your own groups, if you dont like BG match numbers then join one of the many premades that form every day, if you dont like nethers being preserved then form your own group. simple solutions but people would rather go on the forum to complain

10. The times where we had WoW as social media and we were all happy to talk to people on the other side of the world while having fun playing are long gone mate.

The reserving **** and GS addiction is something i only encountered on these servers tho, its cancer.

11. if you dont like gearscore then start your own groups, if you dont like BG match numbers then join one of the many premades that form every day, if you dont like nethers being preserved then form your own group. simple solutions but people would rather go on the forum to complain
    Good luck finding a tank for a heroic if you're not reserving the nether for him.
    Good luck joining a premade group without being subjected to the GS cancer.
    Good luck creating your own group if you don't ask for GS. The GS cancer is so widespread that most geared people won't even join a group that doesn't ask for GS, because "why would someone not even ask for GS unless they themselves have **** for gear".

12. 1. Well it has always been hard to find a tank for random grps, thats not special on outland.
    2. For PvP GS isnt actually cancer.. there is absolutly no chance of winnig any BG if ur full of greens.. even if every player is pro u just get oneshotted by geared ppl.
    3. You complain about GS but still want geared ppl? whats the difference? if u think its just a matter of class control and "skill" (if there is some in pve) try it with your green geared randoms.. actually if they play just a little decent its absolutly possible to clear any dungeon even with greens and blues...
    and for me.. i dont give a **** about the gear of others for dungeons, ill carry it anyway lol - a 1.8k tank might be a problem tho :D

13. i remember tbc and vanilla as being a very social experience compared to todays version of wow. but when i log in these days on outland i have issues finding guild (even if i ask around) , i have issues finding groups ( even if i ask around) , people dont respond, people wont group up for quests.

why are people today so ignorant and antisocial in maybe the most social video game of all time?

yes times change, but when the great social aspect from 10 years ago gets thrown aside by todays wow retail attitude. even tbc and vanilla becomes uninviting.
    When the server was new this wasn't an issue at all, you could find a group for any group quest at any level at any time and dungeon groups were no issue to find, the level of gear we completed heroics at was very low, because nobody had gear. Unfortunately the natural progression of things means that this will not have lasted, made worse by the cash shop which allows a lot of players to skip what was initially a very lengthy process that everyone shared.

Most of the initial surge of players have either quit or are logging in to raid/pvp and nothing else, and the influx of new players is not enough to make social gameplay, group quests and dungeoning the kind of experience that you're hoping for. Gearscore was also not a big thing at the server start, rightfully so it was mostly irrelevant but over time that has changed, probably due in large to the fact that most of the players did not play retail TBC and have come from Icecrown WOTLK, where gearscore disease originated.

On finding tanks in general though, that's more of a "welcome to tbc" issue. You're asking someone to do by far the hardest/most stressful job, combined with the fact that there are only very limited raid slots available for that position.
    Edited: February 16, 2018

14. 1) try type this "WTB Tank Service " in global.
    2) premades > randoms even in greens.
    3) GS is BS, ppl should l2p in this game.