1. where can i find a decent shield until neverending winter?

I've ran culling of stratholme 20 times.. and shield has only dropped once (lost to a holy paladin).
    I would do Halls of Reflection nm, but nobody runs it.

Curious if anybody knew of a shield that I can get from Rep or something? :)

2. You can buy a ilvl 200 shield for 35 emblems in dalaran.

Check out the blacksmith quarter where you can also buy plate gear.

Otherwise u can do a HoR normal 2 bosses farm for the shield and cloak.
    Thats what i did in the past.

Also on ah their are ilvl 200 shield for sale but its not worth the gold imo.

Via vote points u can buy some nice shields also.

3. I remember getting Bulwark of Algalon on my warrior for vote points when I started. It's pretty good for getting into raids if you're the particular kind of masochist that insists on progressing as an undergeared tank, instead of just getting into raids as DPS and rolling on tank gear.
    Edited: February 5, 2018

4. You can buy a ilvl 200 shield for 35 emblems in dalaran.
    Yeah, I might look into this as an alternative.
    I don't have enough emblems atm. Spending it all on Gems.

I remember getting Bulwark of Algalon on my warrior for vote points when I started. It's pretty good for getting into raids if you're the particular kind of masochist that insists on progressing as an undergeared tank, instead of just getting into raids as DPS and rolling on tank gear.

I have tank spec only. NO DPS gear at all.
    Raids won't accept me because "I'm too low" even though I can't progress any further unless I raid.
    I'll try to look into voting point shields, but as of now, I'm kinda low on points.

To my understanding, you get points for point shop from doing achievements?

5. save up points for any tank gear get frost emblems, take your time the game isn't going anywhere

6. Queue specific dungeons HoR N for 219 shield. You can also get a 232/245 from ToC 10, or 245/258 from the first boss in ToC 25.