1. Oh god

Ret Rsham is the only, ONLY viable comp for ret in 2.4.3.

It will get better in s4. Why? Firstly because Shaman becomes even more immortal, same with ret, you will manage to survive more melee, not counting any caster comps because they ain't problem for this comp at all if you play correctly (and those who beat u in S1 will beat u in S4 anyway). Shaman will tank any warrior and rogue without any problems. And if you play well you can reset and prolong much easier.

Why this doesn't hurt you is because you wait for your big crits and procs anyway and if they happen you win, so the later season only helps you survive long enough to have more and more chances each arena to get those procs and retreat, drink, reset and wait for CDs if you fail, that's how you play this comp.

I am not talking about ret shaman that just goes oom and when ret gets burned once it's game, games take really long especially because you need the RNG to actually kill something, you need to resist kidney here and there, then get two WFs in a row, possibly resist MD on bubble, but you must be capable of giving yourself as many chances for this to happen as possible with constant resets.

On the other hand this comp is very forgiving on mistakes especially because you can just turtle if you make one (obv not vs RM and such).

And along with S4 comes Vial that both of you can play if you want to play gay even more.

Good luck

2. Caster comps will be very deadly for a Ret/Sham combo mate. I don't know what makes you think they would not be tbh.

3. Caster comps will be very deadly for a Ret/Sham combo mate. I don't know what makes you think they would not be tbh.
    Probably playing against them last 7 yrs?

4. Then you know how they will pretty much roflstomp both the shaman and the ret.

5. Then you know how they will pretty much roflstomp both the shaman and the ret.
    I'm not gonna even bother rofl, you are probably that guy who tries to snipe ret sham with DPM. :D

6. Well just calculate your damage with 2,5k spell damage + talents and you will land on about 9,7-10400 critical damage per FB + the sapper charge for about 1,8-2k dmg.
    You're really bad at numbers, aren't you?

Frost: 2500 x 91.43% + 500 base damage and 11% from talents, 200% crit multiplier. 3100 non crit and 6200 crit on 0 resilience. With max resilience, damage of critical strikes is reduced by 30%, which means you'll crit for 4340 on players. 4340 x2 + 1200 average sapper damage is 10k max damage with two Frostbolts.

Arcane: 2500 x 81.43% + 500 base damage and 39% damage from talents, 225% crit multiplier. Which means you hit for around 3475 and crit for 7818 on no resilience and 5472 on resilience. 5472 x 2 + 1200 sapper damage is 12k, not your imaginary 22k.

Not to mention you will never have 2500 SP, you will have something more along the lines of 1300 in full BiS PvE gear as frost and 1450 as arcane with every socket being +12 SP, then you get 150 from consumables and 545 from trinkets, totaling at around 2000 max for frost and 2200 for arcane.

Spoiler: Show
    Edited: February 10, 2018

7. Edited this post.
    DamnOriginal, I suggest you learn how to calculate damage increases from your talents correctly and broaden your wisdom on items that can improve the damage of youre spells, good luck.

8. Edited this post.
    DamnOriginal, I suggest you learn how to calculate damage increases from your talents correctly and broaden your wisdom on items that can improve the damage of youre spells, good luck.
    Maybe point out what's wrong instead of looking like a fool with no grip on basic numbers? Just a suggestion.

9. I did a long post about what you calculated wrong and what you missed, but I had to change it.

10. I did a long post about what you calculated wrong and what you missed, but I had to change it.
    Oh... Well I guess you win.

11. Nothing to win here. Debates are just fun and good. =)

12. If anyone else is confused, this guy basically sent me a private message explaining that the only way he was able to pull that off is through the use of a bug that has nothing to do with mages specifically and can't be used in arenas. He deleted his post after he presumably realized he could get banned for this, lol.

13. Well it is not banable to use it and it is usable in arena, but it might not be the best idea to lay out on how it works minding how Icecrown's arena got ruined by scripters etc. Besides DamnOriginal, I did mention you will be able to do 22k if you throw in an IL on the max range, so easy with the spite now. ;)

First 123