1. Is Ret Paladin viable in 2v2 bracket?

Im wondering if Ret Pala is viable in 2v2's arena.What would be the best partner to have and why?

2. Ret/hunter is probably your best bet. You get ranged healing debuff and CC for your burst. Ret/rogue can also work for pretty much the same reasons, minus the range.

3. I didn't notice this was a BC thread. Replace ret/hunter with ret/resto shaman for windfury totem burst. You can also run frost mage/ret for a double dps comp that relies more on burst without healing debuff.

4. Hey,is resto-ret also viable with brutal gear?And if you plase tell me what is this combo best against or worst against.And when i mean viable i mean 2.2k viable?

5. Hey,is resto-ret also viable with brutal gear?And if you plase tell me what is this combo best against or worst against.And when i mean viable i mean 2.2k viable?
    I don't really have enough experience with the comp to give you a rundown of its best and worst matchups but it was a very popular ret 2v2 comp back in the day and it still seems to do perfectly well. There are 2 such teams in the top 15 at 2100+ on the Outland ladder currently so it's obviously viable. I don't see Brutal gear changing its viability in a negative way at all, if anything, it's just gonna get better.
    Edited: February 8, 2018

6. I don't see Brutal gear changing its viability in a negative way at all, if anything, it's just gonna get better.
    It will get way worse because not only will stamina and resilience go up quite a bit, but spell haste will dramatically change the PvP scene and arena is no exception here.

7. It will get way worse because not only will stamina and resilience go up quite a bit, but spell haste will dramatically change the PvP scene and arena is no exception here.
    Proportionally offensive stats increase damage more than defensive stats reduce it, especially for specs that scale with weapon damage like warriors/rets and even more so if those classes are benefiting from windfury totem. Shamans also enjoy the benefits of haste. I don't see it.

8. It will get way worse because not only will stamina and resilience go up quite a bit, but spell haste will dramatically change the PvP scene and arena is no exception here.
    I don't understand why u keep coming up with this. U are overestimating the power of haste.
    High rated caster in season 4 didn't stack much haste, nor did they use the brutal weapon with haste.
    In fact warrior was one of the highest rated class in that season and they don't even use haste.

9. Proportionally offensive stats increase damage more than defensive stats reduce it, especially for specs that scale with weapon damage like warriors/rets and even more so if those classes are benefiting from windfury totem. Shamans also enjoy the benefits of haste. I don't see it.
    Mate the offensive stats increase just like the defensive stats. The difference is that more resilience/stamina/spell haste will come from gems/set bonuses and additional upgrades, which has a great impact on the overall melee damage.
    The Windfury totem is indeed great and it does provide additional burst for the melee (asssuming the shaman can keep it up and you get lucky with procs). Shamans also benefit from spell haste, but only elemental/restoration, enhancement falls short.

I don't understand why u keep coming up with this. U are overestimating the power of haste.
    High rated caster in season 4 didn't stack much haste, nor did they use the brutal weapon with haste.
    In fact warrior was one of the highest rated class in that season and they don't even use haste.
    And you keep doing the same fatal misstake. DON'T think S4 today will be the same as S4 in original TBC. A lot has changed since then, primarily knowledge has sky-rocketed along with better access to PvE gear. If you take a look at the top positions in terms of arena 2v2 from our "modern" S4 realms, you will find Rdudus, Disc priests, rogues and a few warlocks/hunters in the top. 3v3 is a bit different yet even here certain patterns arise.

I am making a big deal about spell haste, because it is a big deal. The reduced GCD is just one of the many benefits it brings. A player with 1-1,3 second Global Cooldown will have a serious advantage over someone stuck with 1,5 seconds. You can cast more spells in a shorter time frame which means you can CC more, heal more, damage more or time things like a warrior's GCD to cast your spells so that they got no way of landing a pummel/shield bash or spell reflect. Without spell haste, that is very tricky to accomplish.
    Not to mention the additional spell damage from PvE gear combined with this haste allows for some pretty insane stuff, like mages 2-shotting a full resil target with a frost nova + AP+FB+PoM+FB combo.
    Like I said in a previous post, there is a reason for why other private realms banned SWP haste gear and War Glaives for rogues.

10. Mate the offensive stats increase just like the defensive stats. The difference is that more resilience/stamina/spell haste will come from gems/set bonuses and additional upgrades, which has a great impact on the overall melee damage.
    The overall amount of damage will increase, not decrease. Whatever point you were trying to make based on people having more stamina/resilience is built on a false premise.

The Windfury totem is indeed great and it does provide additional burst for the melee (asssuming the shaman can keep it up and you get lucky with procs). Shamans also benefit from spell haste, but only elemental/restoration, enhancement falls short.
    We're talking about a ret/resto comp, enhancement isn't even relevant.

11. And you keep doing the same fatal misstake. DON'T think S4 today will be the same as S4 in original TBC. A lot has changed since then, primarily knowledge has sky-rocketed along with better access to PvE gear. If you take a look at the top positions in terms of arena 2v2 from our "modern" S4 realms, you will find Rdudus, Disc priests, rogues and a few warlocks/hunters in the top. 3v3 is a bit different yet even here certain patterns arise.
    I rather use retail as references than some buggy tbc private servers which don't even have a serious arena bracket due to their underpopulation.
    Its not like ppl on retail weren't theorycrafting back in TBC. Especially the top rated arena players were testing all kind of gear combinations in and out.

12. The overall amount of damage will increase, not decrease. Whatever point you were trying to make based on people having more stamina/resilience is built on a false premise. We're talking about a ret/resto comp, enhancement isn't even relevant.
    I trust you know this but any X increase in damage must be calculated by Y factors reducing it, you then have to take the previous damage effect from S3 and meassure the difference, if you just do this we can end the argument right here for you will see that the marginal damage goes down, not up.
    And I am well aware you are talking about ret/resto.
    I rather use retail as references than some buggy tbc private servers which don't even have a serious arena bracket due to their underpopulation.
    Its not like ppl on retail weren't theorycrafting back in TBC. Especially the top rated arena players were testing all kind of gear combinations in and out.
    People did theorycrafting in TBC and they were not bad, but they also had very restricted access to SWP gear. Utterly few managed to both PvP at a high rating and raiding at the same time, even you must understand that.
    And while other private servers may have their bugs, the outcome of all is the same, so the odds of having bugs resulting in the same outcome on all servers are slim to none.

But perhaps must importantly, almost 10 years have passed since original S4 and you can bet players that have kept playing have improved over those years.
    Now if you don't want to take it from me, then just hang around until SWP comes.

13. Haste will just shred melee's while retaning same defensive stats (swp legs>equal to s4 legs -+ 4 resilence(nothing yeah).
    Bt/pvp/swp haste ring.
    Swp haste cloak with socket(only 15 resil lost,huuge upgrade tho compared to pvp badge cloak).
    Swp haste dagger(plus 30 sp increased as opposed to s4 wep).
    Bt trinket.
    Double t6 set swp (medium resil lost)(belt/boots).
    wand with haste with socket.

All those combined on mage/sp/ele will just result in (rough estimate) 300+ passive haste(plus on use 200).500 haste plus heroism plus icy/meta socket/.

All that while resilence you have now in full s3-perhaps some 30 resil lost (not a game changer if you gem 6x10 resil and you can since swp legs 3x,belt/boots 2x socket,back 1x socket,wand 1x socket).,teh only real resil is lost on dagger (20) which added haste n spell power make up 4 it.

Rise of mages /sps in s4 (end game) swp ,giiiigllllleeeeee.......

p.s frostbolt will be 1.4 sec cast.
    mb/mind flay 1 sec,mind control faster dispells...
    ele rocking your world..dandy......

heh will be fun..

14. I trust you know this but any X increase in damage must be calculated by Y factors reducing it, you then have to take the previous damage effect from S3 and meassure the difference, if you just do this we can end the argument right here for you will see that the marginal damage goes down, not up.
    This isn't just theoretically and demonstrably wrong but it also completely contradicts what you said about mages two shotting people in full resilience once S4 is here. You're not really making any consistent sense. Do you actually believe it gets harder to kill people as stronger gear is released? Do you understand that what you're saying is in complete opposites with what we're actually observing? Both BC and Wotlk follow the same trend throughout their seasons, they start slow and progressively get faster as more PvE gear gets released.

123 Last