1. Trinket for Unholy Dk [Haste for Gargoyle]?

Hi!

I'm confused between which Trinket to pick as of now for my Unholy Dk.

I'm currently using [Shard of the Crystal Heart] (512 Haste) which gives 4 extra shots for my Gargoyle during it's duration. Would it be wise to keep that Trinket or change it to [Darkmoon: Death]?

Gargoyle deals almost 2k damage per shot as of now but [Darkmoon: Death] does almost the same. I'm assuming that [Darkmoon: Death] has more than enough procs during those 3 min, before the Gargoyle comes back up, to deal comparatively way more damage. Is that the case? Also, since I can't keep my Gargoyle up for long against Priests/Paladins, those 4 extra shots will be meaningless. But then, I also benefit from that haste for 20 seconds.

I know about [Greatness] but since [Sigil of the Vengeful Heart] is chosen instead of [Sigil of Virulence], there's no doubt Shadow Damage is more important since Unholy Dk doesn't spend as much time on the target as Blood/Frost need to.

2. I assume that this is about pvp as you mentioned going up against paladins and priests. Unless you've got severe hit rating issues, the darkmoon card will assist you much more reliably then the crystal heart. From a pure dps standpoint (basically a PvE patchwerk like fight) if you can get the full use of the hit from crystal heart then they're nearly dead even. If you can't use the hit it's clearly behind the darkmoon card.

3. I assume that this is about pvp as you mentioned going up against paladins and priests. Unless you've got severe hit rating issues, the darkmoon card will assist you much more reliably then the crystal heart. From a pure dps standpoint (basically a PvE patchwerk like fight) if you can get the full use of the hit from crystal heart then they're nearly dead even. If you can't use the hit it's clearly behind the darkmoon card.
    Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'm talking mainly about PvP because I'll be going Frost for PvE anyway. As for hit rating, I read 5% in the Guides but unlike Frost Dk, we don't have an extra 3% from talents. So, as Unholy, aren't we supposed to aim for 8%? If I swap out [Shard of the Crystal Heart], I'll move down from 8% to 5%. I know we get 3% for spells but what about melee hits as Unholy?

4. Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'm talking mainly about PvP because I'll be going Frost for PvE anyway. As for hit rating, I read 5% in the Guides but unlike Frost Dk, we don't have an extra 3% from talents. So, as Unholy, aren't we supposed to aim for 8%? If I swap out [Shard of the Crystal Heart], I'll move down from 8% to 5%. I know we get 3% for spells but what about melee hits as Unholy?
    You aim for (at least) 8% whatever melee damage dealer you are in PvE. Frost just has that benefit of getting 3% extra from talents. So yes, in PvE you want to remove misses when it comes to specials (yellow attacks).

If you can't cap your hit as unholy w/o that hit trinket it is worth to you more than the darkmoon card. If you can, then they're nearly the same in terms of dps.

5. PvP Melee hit cap vs lvl 80 players: 5%
    PvP Spell hit cap vs lvl 80 players: 6%

PvE Melee hit cap vs Boss (lvl 83) target: 8%
    PvE Spell hit cap vs Boss (lvl 83) target: 17%

That is Gear Hit % and any extra hit from talents (Virulence for spells for example).

6. PvP Melee hit cap vs lvl 80 players: 5%
    PvP Spell hit cap vs lvl 80 players: 6%

PvE Melee hit cap vs Boss (lvl 83) target: 8%
    PvE Spell hit cap vs Boss (lvl 83) target: 17%

That is Gear Hit % and any extra hit from talents (Virulence for spells for example).
    Thanks for that! I thought the hit cap was same for PvP and PvE. Forgot about level difference.