1. State of the game?

Heyo!

So I'm looking to play this with a friend, the server seems very well put together at face value with a really impressive player-count.

I understand that there's a p2w aspect, but I don't much care for that. The only time that'll affect me is during PvP and I do that casually and just for fun.

I'm just wondering what the community feel the state of the is like? Are there regular events and stuff to keep you playing, do you feel the quality of the game is comparable to the original release of WoTLK and also for a bonus question, why do you play WotLK over modern WoW? As I'm still considering that, however it feels kinda diluted the last time I played.

Many thanks for your time :)

2. Icecrown is a really nice server with boosted rates for faster levelling, but it's highly populated and you will have to queue to get access unless you donate. You only need to donate once and then you can skip the queues forever. It's well scripted and not too many bugs. Some quests are a bit bugged, but at end game, all the instances and raids work very close to retail.

As for retail, I don't like it. I played legion and imo, it's a pile of crap. Not really hoping much for BfA either because it will be as a bad as WoD and Legion. I left retail to come back and play wotlk here because it is a much better gameplay experience overall.
    Edited: February 8, 2018

3. Icecrown is a really nice server with boosted rates for faster levelling, but it's highly populated and you will have to queue to get access unless you donate.
    Pretty much this.

As far as end game raiding goes;
    I would suggest to find a guild that is progressing or looking to create a second raiding team.
    PUGs ask for a ridiculous ilvl (gearscore) to join the raids or usually attempt something once before they start to leave.
    (For ICC: After Deathbringer Saurfang, Plague Quarter is 99% where most raids fail. For ToC: Faction Champs)

4. Heyo!

So I'm looking to play this with a friend, the server seems very well put together at face value with a really impressive player-count.

I understand that there's a p2w aspect, but I don't much care for that. The only time that'll affect me is during PvP and I do that casually and just for fun.

I'm just wondering what the community feel the state of the is like? Are there regular events and stuff to keep you playing, do you feel the quality of the game is comparable to the original release of WoTLK and also for a bonus question, why do you play WotLK over modern WoW? As I'm still considering that, however it feels kinda diluted the last time I played.

Many thanks for your time :)
    from what i have seen in past 6-7 years of molten/warmane the community is :
    people who play retail still but since there is always dead times there and the game become boring for period of time they swap to warmane.
    people who prefer p2w system that let them get their gear right away and dont have to waste too much time grinding it.
    people who cannot pay to play retail so they have no other option then playing here(the fact that there is so many non premium account make me thing this is the majority)
    people who have build up community here and feel very comfortable here.
    people who really hate retail for whatever reason and constantly **** talk it.

that been said since the population is huge majority of people are really toxic.try find nice guild and try to avoid pug groups and you will be fine.

overall the servers are working and scripted really well.ofc its not like retail there is bugs and such but its private server after all,dont think you have any other options out there if you are looking for solid WOTLK server.there is events from time to time and they are fun,there is event section in the forum you can check it out.
    the expansion progression is complete.all the content is cleared years ago and majority of population is BIS geared.that been said how long will you stick with the server depends of you.i see people who are bis geared years ago buy still have fun and play daily,some log in from time to time.
    Edited: February 8, 2018