1. The Outland mentality in regard to progression

I'm curious if there are others out there in my situation. I believe there has to be a large group of people who played vanilla on retail and/or part of TBC- people who don't know every dungeon, raid and technicality. Players who don't enjoy being crapped on by people who attach their egos to their knowledge of a game, regardless of it's age. I did choose this server to experience the content.

I've been here a few months. I have three 70 toons- an un-shopped, prebis Warlock (my main and retail toon), a prot pala I made to farm who is BiS Shop/Heroic gear, and a farming 70 Hunter who is nearing BiS shop gear.

Mostly what I see here are players taking the fast track to gear and attune. They buy enough gear score (coins or gold) to get into raids, do their attunements and skip all regular dungeons, heroics and quests that aren't vital to progression. I hope they never remove more atttunements from Outland.

Are there others interested in seeing/learning all the content? Maybe even checking out BWL or other old content.

Sorry if this comes off as a recruitment threat but that's not my intent. I just want to know if it's all fast track here or do moderate purists exist.

Thanks

2. None of that has been my experience in the past several months. There are oodles of people running Normals, a handful running Heroics, and oodles more running T4. I think you just need to find a guild better suited to your attitude and progress.

I suggest posting the details of your characters and intent in the recruitment forum.

3. I'm confused. You are decking out two characters in shop gear instead of doing the content. And then you're wondering why other people do the same?

There are plenty of people who just play the server normally without buying ****. Look for a guild that's doing the content you want to do.

4. Maybe even checking out BWL or other old content.
    Lots of t1-t3 insts doesnt even exists on outland (onix, naxx for sure don't)

5. I'm confused. You are decking out two characters in shop gear instead of doing the content. And then you're wondering why other people do the same?

There are plenty of people who just play the server normally without buying ****. Look for a guild that's doing the content you want to do.
    I want to see the content on my warlock- he's in blues with a couple AH epics. The two "decked out" toons are for farming- something I've always done in games. 95% of the coins I've spent were from gold I farmed and sold. The shop/trade system is probably my favorite thing about this server. That doesn't mean I don't want to experience the expansion.

6. I personally have plans in making a Rogue but to me it makes 0 sense (for me) to gear it the normal way so instead I plan to boost it to 70 and buy full Shop BiS for it. But that's me. It's just the logic of farming for something you can buy, just doesn't work for me. If the shop wouldn't exist, I'd farm it, no problem. But it does. Other guildies have questioned the decision so not all think like that though. As for old content, I'd love to do it but few are interested in it sadly. I recently got my Thunderfury made so we've been to Molten Core more than dozen times and also visited BWL, sadly in a bugged state (bosses despawning) but still. Future plans are to complete the Scarab Lord quest chain which includes AQ40 and also BWL runs and of course Naxx once they decide to open that.

Thinking back to retail TBC, it wasn't much different there though. Once guilds got to BT and T6, they eventually stopped doing old content, except that no shop existed so the weekly Gruul and such was still on the menu, but not more than that. People tend to go where the reward is relevant to their needs.