1. Making Money

Hello, I'm new to this server and I was wondering, what is the best way to make money on this server? The economy is really inflated making it difficult to survive as a new player.

2. I have experienced the opposite.

The inflated economy makes it -very- easy to be a new player. Need gold for training? Get some Light/Med leather.

Need gold for mounts? Farm small eggs.

Easy to access things across all levels are bought for extreme amounts of money due to laziness.

Best thing I can say, is farm things in zones people do not go to often. Depending on your level, that can mean a lot of different things.

Outland Herbs/Ore/Leather/Planar Essence is worth a small fortune.
    Low levels - Kill birds. Get small eggs. Kill murlocks and sell clam meat.

Felwood/Winterspring were good for me when I was 50ish. Even the white recipes from the vendor were selling on AH for hundreds of gold.... People can't be bothered to spend 45 minutes travelling to get to a zone to do nothing other than buy a recipe.

Also - If you're 80 - Quest, quest, quest, quest. 25 Dailies = roughly 1250 gold. Do chain quests (I.E. Frenzyheart/Oracles, Sons of Hodir, ETC) at 80 and get LOADS of money from start to finish. For the Frenzyheart line, I made roughly 3,000 gold from quest gold combined with disenchanting greens/quest rewards then auctioning it.

That 3,000 gold could have been used to purchase IL 245 - 264 gear on AH and it only took me a couple of hours....

TL;dr - Use the auction house. You will thrive.

Icecrown is nothing if not easy to progress once you know your way around.