1. You're right. BG tactics are thrown out the window when fighting a Multiboxer. Because in the majority of the BG maps, you can win the BG simply by avoiding the multiboxer.
    With all due respect Mercy, this is not true. There is only one BG where this tactic is actually working and that would be Arathi Basin. The multiboxer cannot be at each base at the same time and capturing flags drains 5+ players time. However, this requires coordination to exploit and coordination in random BGs can be next to borderline impossible.

But aside from that there is no way to win a BG without dealing with the MBoxer.
    In WSG the MBoxer will almost always grab the flag, so you got to deal with him sooner or later.
    In EotS the sheer concentration of characters in a tiny space allows the MBoxer to capture bases far faster than the opposing side. The only hope is to either CC the MBoxer constantly on the roads and hoping he does not have team members dispelling him and/or going for the flag while he goes for bases.
    Finally in AV the MBoxer can simply turtle at a choke point like Dun Baldar bridge or Iceblood/Tower Point path.

I personally deal with multiboxers with the most sinister and wicked tricks I know of that are legal, out of pure spite. Hence I will stay mum about them.
    Alas a few tips can be given:
    1. Focus on AoE CC as much as possible, and in a quick succession. For example, lob a grenade into the pack and then immediately use eg Shadowfury.
    2. Identifiy the leader, but also the 2nd switch target. It is difficult, but this will make it easier to take the MBoxer down. If you know what char that is up next upon a switch due to death/CC, you can be one step ahead and hinder it.
    3. Exploit the range. The MBoxers often needs to cast at long range or get in a bit closer to use instants. Exploit this weakness by being a pain in the neck with undispellable AoE slows like Improved Blizzard .
    4. Depending on the multiboxer and your profession, use reflectors, the results are both spectacular and amusing.
    5. While Mercy may be wrong about you not having to fight a MBoxer in a BG, you can still avoid the MBoxer to some degree. Most importantly however, take any chance you get to CC them with things like Sap, Blind, Polymorph etc.
    Edited: February 15, 2018

2. 2)I often swap to random shaman when main goes down
    3)I am i think only boxer that uses r1 lb paired (on tbc) with lightning capacitor to forfce quick block (99% mages block asap) or i just use lightning shield x5-gg-
    4)grounding totem negates reflectors.

a)Rogue is your best bet versus boxer on any given sundae.

Wsg>70% win rate
    Eots>90 % win rate
    Av>65% win rate
    Ab>15 % win rate

3. 2) I suppose it is different from boxer to boxer, but I tend to notice patterns quite a lot.
    3. A good tactic indeed. Those with spellchecker won't be fooled though.
    4. They do but the reflectors also last for 5 seconds and also it is one 1 totem per reflect if the scripts are working properly.
    a) Yep.

and yeah the win rates of yours pretty much says it all. This is why I mostly stick to AB followed by AV.

4. Depends on how many people with brains you have.

5. With all due respect Mercy, this is not true. There is only one BG where this tactic is actually working and that would be Arathi Basin. The multiboxer cannot be at each base at the same time and capturing flags drains 5+ players time. However, this requires coordination to exploit and coordination in random BGs can be next to borderline impossible.
    It's not impossible if the players aren't too self-important and arrogant to listen to each other. Actually, nevermind, it probably is impossible on here.

But aside from that there is no way to win a BG without dealing with the MBoxer.
    Eye of the Storm is won for the exact same reason you mentioned for Arathi Basin.

Both Strand and Isle of Conquest can be won if people coordinate vehicles, focus on a singular location, and avoid any multiboxer.

That leaves WSG and AV where the rule doesn't apply.

In EotS the sheer concentration of characters in a tiny space allows the MBoxer to capture bases far faster than the opposing side. The only hope is to either CC the MBoxer constantly on the roads and hoping he does not have team members dispelling him and/or going for the flag while he goes for bases.
    Except for the fact that you can be making progress on capping 3 other bases, or all 4 if the multiboxer is going for the flag. 3 bases + flag cap? The multiboxer wouldn't stand a chance against that.

But you're right, none of this happens because people are too busy blaming each other for their gear, accusing others of being bad/afk, or arguing over whose strats work. Because everyone is a know-it-all and nobody is willing to listen to others. So, of course, they are going to lose to a multiboxer.

Worst case scenario? Join a pvp guild and run a premade group and enjoy a better overall BG experience!

6. It's not impossible if the players aren't too self-important and arrogant to listen to each other. Actually, nevermind, it probably is impossible on here.
    Glad you realised that Mercy, but have mercy on them. =)

Eye of the Storm is won for the exact same reason you mentioned for Arathi Basin.
    In theory yes, but not in practise. Like Peregrine said, the BG he won the most was EotS. The reason is that he will cap towers faster than the other side because he can direct a large amount of concentrated characters to one place and thus capture the bases quickly. While the other side can do this, it is unlikely as most players in BGs tends to be wayward. And since the GYs are linked to the bases, it means that players will be more likely to ress at the start or wait a longer time getting ressed as towers are captured.

Both Strand and Isle of Conquest can be won if people coordinate vehicles, focus on a singular location, and avoid any multiboxer. That leaves WSG and AV where the rule doesn't apply.
    In SotA the MBoxer will have a disadvantage on offense yet the upper hand on defense as the yellow gate provides an excellent choke point.
    In IoC the MBoxer will again have an advantage, primarily because the Hangar is most valuable, meaning the biggest fight will take place there - and you bet the MBoxer won't say no to harvesting 20+ players. ;)

But you're right, none of this happens because people are too busy blaming each other for their gear, accusing others of being bad/afk, or arguing over whose strats work. Because everyone is a know-it-all and nobody is willing to listen to others. So, of course, they are going to lose to a multiboxer.Worst case scenario? Join a pvp guild and run a premade group and enjoy a better overall BG experience!
    Well premade groups normally only take people with a very high (insert the 2x hated letters here) and so the ones who needs BGs the most (the weak geared) are stuck praying they won't have to fight a MBoxer or that the MBoxer will be on their team. xP
    This leaves them in a rather frustrating place and which is why AB and AV will become more popular than other BGs.

7. The win rate as multiboxer highly depends on the size of the team.
    As 10 boxer u win only AV and IoC while all other BGs are extremly hard to win because the BG objectives can't be done without spliting the team.

As quad or five boxer all BGs can be won but it highly depends on ur team mates and if they cooperate with u.
    I consider 4 chars the perfect amount for most BGs while 5 chars is for certain BGs, such as AB, already one char too much.

8. Why everyone speaks about battlegrounds ?
    Multiboxing there is not that gamebreaking as it is during Wintergrasp.

It would be much easier to deal with them without aoe damage deminishing.
    Edited: February 16, 2018

9. Ostlimpa is spot on. How about some moderators log some pvp toons, join us in battlegrounds, and see for yourself? Or, show us how they are easily won by avoiding the multiboxer? Open invitation!

So funny - fishing bot, banned. HK bot, totally legal.

I do love the idea of disabling the /follow command in BG's - very out of the box solution (no pun intended!)! XD

10. It would be much easier to deal with them without aoe damage deminishing.
    vehicles is your answer.

11. vehicles is your answer.
    Can confirm, vehicles hurt :D

12. I found a way to deal with multiboxers with my friends (it is not 100% working, but some situation it won the battle), we joined 3 of us elemental shamans, when multiboxer were busy to kill anothers, one of us run, used thunderstorm in the group, then 2 another run to the separate group and thunderstorm the 2 side to push them more away from eachother.
    After that our raid could kill a few of them with fast nuke (we ran to dead bodys and instant put them to graveyard, to avoid resurrection. After a few dies they most likely give up the battle.

Once i could manage to push half of the multiboxer characters off from the dun baldar's bridge, i could push them back from IB tower (they fall separately away, half of them was remained in the tower, half of them fall down)

13. I'm getting tired of people complaining about it. If you don't like it - leave. I personally don't multibox. .
    As a new player, I'm tempted to after seeing them win WG single-handedly several times already within my short time here. I never saw this level of multiboxing in retail LK. There 99% of WG victories depended on separate individuals actually cooperating and not whether rich kids with HK-bots were present. Some of my best memories in LK was WG with my arena team, making a difference due to our relatively well-developed teamwork. Why is it reasonable to require a coordinated raid group to take down 1 player whose impact is based on anything but teamwork or skill? It's incredible to me that ya'll think it's fair for a single individual to make that kind of a difference in an MMO, while criticizing their opponents for not cooperating effectively with loads of randoms whenever a MBXer shows up.

It sucks that one of my most fond memories of LK(WG) is turned into an imbalanced lagfest for me & many others for the amusement of one or two pay2win players. As a PVP-focused player, I don't think I see myself donating to a server where most forms of "PVP" is just a rich kid's playground half of the time. GMs obviously wont change it for financial reasons, but as far as I can tell most players agree that MBXers are one of the most cancerous elements on the server.

14. In IoC the MBoxer will again have an advantage, primarily because the Hangar is most valuable, meaning the biggest fight will take place there - and you bet the MBoxer won't say no to harvesting 20+ players. ;)
    Except it shouldn't be. The only reason Hangar has so much impact is because of a bug.
    Sadly, nobody seems to care.

15. what a thread full of 2007 tactics lol

First 123 Last