1. terrible feature.... i used to play the AH game more than anything and now im desolated...

2. This is a temporary system in place to differentiate real trades and gifts from the more common use of trading and gifting we've been seeing lately.

Smyth outlined the basic variables for it, however he doesn't have all the details, there are cooldowns which roll over every 5 days.

This is a data gathering exercise, mostly targeting malicious intent, 3rd party purchasing and things like that, we can't advertise that until we're about done - which we are (obviously? then players know we're up to something and those not using the gifting and trading systems as intended will halt their actions).

We have enough data already that these changes won't even last to the first reset,

You can expect the restrictions to be lifted in a few hours.

Just a side note, not everything requires a community poll, especially when some players are oblivious to what you can actually achieve via trading/gifting and a lot of real money is involved, this is to protect our players, no more no less.

3. Greetings Warmane, i will come over here and say "Hey" first because that's how it should be done and it is done by anyone in the community which seems to be not the case from u. I mean no offense but communication and a feedback from the community so its either approved or not.
    In regards to the bots and about future consequences, i believe alot has been already discussed and most players that commented actually read my mind in these regards - External websites, advantage over bots (a new way of profiting from the bots themselfes in-case they do not use external websites), etc etc.
    However it seems a new consequence has surfaced. This new "update" will make the players using the trading system disappear due to having to donate to win coins, the trading flow will disappear as a consequence and it will affect the donors due to needing some specific things from trade like gold, BoE items, Cosmetic or Fun items for example. In general the market flow will be obsolete and many people who bought everything they needed from online shop will have nothing else to use their coins for and that 5% coin loss will not refresh after a certain ammount of deals are made until 100% which refreshes more donating in order to use trade system again. The Trading system will reach a stop. And to finish lets be honest... 90% of all the deals done in the trading system are usually done by players who donate little ammounts, so they use their smartness/willpower to farm which ends up bringing advantages to all sides:
    - Warmane wins, the 5% cut ends up being refreshed, which ends up in more donations.
    - Dealers win, their sweat pays off. A situation that usually is as hard as getting the gear by normal means. Farming is no simple feat.
    - Buyers win, they get what they want and enjoy a fun experience of the positive feedback trading system provides.

I will take my leave with some unanswered questions:
    - How will this affect the status quo of coin gifiting and character trading?
    - In a sense isn't the same already being done by using that 5% coin loss?

4. Oh snap, this is awkward! Tt seems while i was posting my answeer edifice decided to answeer lol
    So in regards to your answeer, does this mean by being "temporary" and lifted after reset u won't go ahead and implement this new system at all?

5. excellent, now i and people like me cannot even try to compete with gold sellers and their RMT sites by using the coin trading market. This is a change that helps gold sellers. One of the most inefficacious things I've seen Warmane do. At this point they could just start announcing gold selling website URL's with server-wide messages that also include a coupon code and claim they are doing it to combat gold selling.

I sucked 920 coins out of the market by just selling gold and almost all of those went out of the coin economy because I spent them on the store, I am no longer able or willing continue acting as a coin sink, I know the same goes for many other people. with this the amount of coins circulating will increase and people won't want to buy as many.
    Edited: February 13, 2018

6. excellent, now i and people like me cannot even try to compete with gold sellers and their RMT sites. This is a change that helps gold sellers. One of the most inefficacious things I've seen Warmane do. At this point they could just start announcing gold selling website URL's with server-wide messages that also include a coupon code and claim they are doing it to combat gold selling.
    You obviously completely missed my response, but that's okay.

7. wtf are you serious? do you really think it will solve botting problem? bots sell gold on ebay and russian rmt pages, they will find their way. There are ppl who have real money, donate and buy gold, and there are ppl who have no money, farm gold and buy coins from donators, and u have taxes. now u force ppl who farm and sell gold to donate more to sell gold, lot of those ppl farm gold because they cant afford to donate. that means they will not sell gold at all and u will lose more on taxes that you would get with those additional donations

8. This is a temporary system in place to differentiate real trades and gifts from the more common use of trading and gifting we've been seeing lately.

Smyth outlined the basic variables for it, however he doesn't have all the details, there are cooldowns which roll over every 5 days.

This is a data gathering exercise, mostly targeting malicious intent, 3rd party purchasing and things like that, we can't advertise that until we're about done - which we are (obviously? then players know we're up to something and those not using the gifting and trading systems as intended will halt their actions).

We have enough data already that these changes won't even last to the first reset,

You can expect the restrictions to be lifted in a few hours.

Just a side note, not everything requires a community poll, especially when some players are oblivious to what you can actually achieve via trading/gifting and a lot of real money is involved, this is to protect our players, no more no less.
    wow, damn, you completely got me there.

quite the rampage players made within 2 days xD

9. You obviously completely missed my response, but that's okay.
    oh i guess not, hopefully 5 days is enough time to get the needed data so that it need not be done ever again.. I'd rather it be extended to a month or more than be a regular short term occurence.

10. Hello, i personally want to express my opinion and disapointement...I pLay on this server more than 2 years ... expect the raiding part i really enjoy to farm everything cz i have 10 chars of each class and i sell tons of gold/crafted items/boes and every material via trade...What i get from it ? I buy bis items for all my chars and i have the chance to join in hc raids and enjoy the more hardcore aspect of the game...Even tho i am in on of the best guilds sometimes its not enought just to participate on raids and u want sth more to boost ur chars and help your team.. Its like 4-5 days now that i cant place more items in trade and i really dont like this..I really believe you could find another way ,or make a new update-patch to restrict the 3rd part software when ur system can scan them in an acc...For me atm its a really big loss cz i cant sell anything and gear up my chars.

11. In my understanding it was a temporary thing to catch bots. The trade and coin gifting system is working again. Check it out, if you didn't do yet.

First ... 345