1. PVP = 50% Botters

So I thought I would try this server out (outland) and have a bit of fun. After about a week I achieved level 70. Since leveling was quickened I figured pvp rewards were increased as well. Turns out this isn't the case. I went into some BGs to see what I can expect to earn through farming honor. Well, after a bit of (rough estimations)math if I get 300 honor per 15 min game it will take me about 212 hours assuming each piece cost around 15k honor reach. Of course this is farming AV so you must ignore the token requirments on gear which could double or triple your time per game, but lets pretend they are all fast AV games for fun! So if you treat this game like a job it would take you 5.3 weeks at 40 hours a week to get geared enough to compete. This isn't even counting current season arena gear. Also with no world queue, you can not farm while you wait meaning once you are 100% geared you then have to farm for your epic mount, enchants, gems, and maxing professions. This alone would probably take another month. On this server you are looking at a 2.5 month grind to simply do some arena games.

Why does all of this matter? Well it matters because if you make something so tedious and time consuming you are begging for bots to take over, which is exactly what has happened. As somebody who has actually used BG bot in the past (live servers during cata) I can spot them very very easily. In the few games I played no less than 1/3 - 1/2 of the players were botting. They were following simple routs, dismounting instantly upon combat, rogues not stealthing, sitting at graveyards no longer relevant to 'guard' them (AV).

How can we fix this? Make pvp gear free. Every single piece you can get outside of arena should be free. It is crap in pve so it won't change that, other than helping fresh 70s get started. If gear no longer costs honor, there would be no reason to bot BGs.

Keep in mind I am well aware of my ability to purchase these items in store for over $400 (17 pieces at about $27 a piece = $459). I am also aware that this would fix my issue with grinding, but what YOU need to be aware of is that there is no point in me getting this gear if all I fight are bots. I want to go into a BG and have fun. Mindlessly killing bots is a waste of time. So as of now, even if I were to buy all the gear I still would not want to play this game. To those worried about BGs being less popular without the reward, I agree, they will be. BUT I would rather wait 5 min for a game with real people then get instant queues and just fight bots.

So please, think about it. As of now, me and my group of friends that started this are going to quit and I am sure there are many others who feel this way. Other than this, I do appreciate the nostalgic trip back through BC, I had some good times here. Take care.
    Edited: February 12, 2018

2. More like 5% (and even that is based on packed BGs, not on average). The bot situation on Outland is nowhere near as alarming as it was before. While it is true that there are still bots around, the PvP bots are rather easy to get rid of because unlike the previous situations in Silithus, they are not 60+ in 1 BG, normally 1-2. That means SSing/frapsing them can be done and their bans will hurt even more as I have noticed many of them run around in pretty powerful PvP gear.

3. Ostlimpa check your inbox.

On topic,nowdays bots are getting deleted so much i dont even noticethem that much.

4. More like 5% (and even that is based on packed BGs, not on average). The bot situation on Outland is nowhere near as alarming as it was before. While it is true that there are still bots around, the PvP bots are rather easy to get rid of because unlike the previous situations in Silithus, they are not 60+ in 1 BG, normally 1-2. That means SSing/frapsing them can be done and their bans will hurt even more as I have noticed many of them run around in pretty powerful PvP gear.
    Alrighty please explain to me the group of about 15 players bot pathing in a giant group around galv. A GM could just play an av and ban all of these people. It wasn't even that late, was around 8 p.m., 12 p.m. server time.

5. It is NOT that damn easy to get rid off. ****, even retail 10+years later is still suffering from bots.

Make friends, play in groups and bots don't really matter anymore. You will win more bg's and get more honor. =)

6. It is NOT that damn easy to get rid off. ****, even retail 10+years later is still suffering from bots.

Make friends, play in groups and bots don't really matter anymore. You will win more bg's and get more honor. =)
    its not just bots this server is packed with afkers at least on horde side and yes i have made a few posts about it here on the forums that never get an answer from a dev..... its getting so bad on horde side that i think the # of bots and afkers are greater then the # of players that actually play in pvp. no making a PM does not always mean more wins, it should but like i said things are getting so bad horde side that a group of 5 cant always over come so many bots and afkers in the same bg. not to mention that alot of these afkers are now grouping up and making "afking pm's" . i just seen one same players same bg over and over afking in the same spot = drecks room. but guess what?i call them out and what happens?they mark me afk but i cant mark them, they are 5 i am 1, no big deal right?but guess what happens in the very next bg?the same 5 marks me afk in the starting cave in av before the game even started. About 1 min later after rushing to IBT so i could get into combat "1st place ally shows up" i get crushed by about 20+ ally and then as im waiting to res i get hit again with the afk. rinse and repeat a few times im fighting to recap towers leading the bg in damage as the 5 afkers sit in drecks marking me afk yet i cant mark them. again they are more bots and afkers then actual players and nothing is begin done about it.

last night i q'ed some bgs with a friend i think we q'ed into 5 or 6 games that were 4/5 caps as we zoned in. we zone into eye and its stright up 4 cap with ally holding the flag and horde players sitting around afking. same with ab = zone in ally 5 caps and sits by horde base as most horde player sit afk and yes this happened a good 5 or 6 times in a row so much so we logged off.

matter of fact i think it was two days ago i zoned into a AB and whats the first thing i see when i zone in?a player sitting in the starting zone afking as he disenchants items.... said player then tells me hes not afk becasue hes talking and disenchating,how could i be afk when im disenchanting items he said..... no damage no healing no caps nothing just afking and loling about it.

whats even worse?is im noticing some very good pvpers jump to ally and im guessing its because the massive problem with bots and afkers on horde side that is not being addressed. the more that jump to ally the bigger the problem is going to get = more and more afkers horde side = less and less players.

over on Excalibur "another tbc server" they ban afkers in bgs,players can take screen shots and post them on the forums for the devs. the debs then decide what to do, usually a warning then a 24 hour ban if it keeps going on they can end up perma ban.,why warmane does not do the same? i have no clue.

7. It is NOT that damn easy to get rid off. ****, even retail 10+years later is still suffering from bots.

Read my post. I don't want to play against bots. I don't care about honor. I just want to play against people, even if I lose. So how does getting a premade together to farm bots make it fun? I can ****ing play skyrim if I want to pve.

8. report them. only thing you can do.

9. report them. only thing you can do.
    that does nothing and the problem is getting worse.
    like i said the devs need to check into this horde side on outland is 50% bots/afkers if not more.same players bg after bg over and over stight up afk and loling about it. had a warlock 2 days ago do 400 damage in a wsg and i lost count how many people i see zone into a bg and not even move/play.just watched a ret zone into wsg and not move one inch inside horde base.what happens?after about 5 mins ally come in kills the ret and he sits afk in the gy for the rest of the bg,cant mark him afk becasue 2/3rds of my team is also afk.

like i said i played on another TBC server they had rules against afking/boting in bgs - take pics post them for the devs on the forums then they decide what steps to take. usually a warning then a 24 hour ban then 48 ect and if it dont stop = perma ban. to bad bgs are not like the forums if they were they have the afk/bot problem in bgs taking care of.

10. alterac valley is hilariously bad, the % of bots is huge
    The bots just walk into a tower and afk there, always in the exact same spot
    Same for wsg, they run into the enemy flag room and just stand there until they die
    You can always inspect them and they always have "15k+ honour yesterday", lol

11. i was quite lucky yesterday on horde bg side. i joined arathi basin with a firned and guess what? 2 multiboxer shaman and moonkin! YAY! easy win! ;D

btw what you expect when you allow char trading and multiboxers in pvp? on a side note be thankful you got a free to play tbc server mate.

12. i was quite lucky yesterday on horde bg side. i joined arathi basin with a firned and guess what? 2 multiboxer shaman and moonkin! YAY! easy win! ;D

btw what you expect when you allow char trading and multiboxers in pvp? on a side note be thankful you got a free to play tbc server mate.
    im not even sure what your talking about really?what does selling and buying toons have to do with boting/afking in bgs? multiboxers in pvp?yeah blizz allowed that as well so that effects bot/afkers how?

this is not the only TBC server people play on nor the only free one either way that should not be a reason why the boting/afking in pvp goes unpunished.

13. Botting and afking in PVP IS punished.

14. Botting and afking in PVP IS punished.
    ^ What (s)he said.