1. We still haven't really agreed on what the most pressing issue in RDFs is. A low-geared tank stepping into PoS or HoR hc might be best off sticking to Blood, since those instances can actually be dangerous. But everything prior to that, from pre-80 dungeons to most level 80 heroics, is revoltingly trivial no matter your gear. In these situations I think you might be best off being Unholy and increasing your party's total DPS a good amount, making the RDF clear that much more efficient. The threat will also keep mobs more firmly glued to you, which is going to make your healer's life a little easier since most of the damage will be directed towards you.

2. Because getting hit for 196 instead of 200 is such a win. Getting hit for 160 instead of 200 when it counts is a bad bad bad, worst survival. And Vampiric Blood is not good at all. Better is 20% more armor that you can use only against phisycal. Or unholy, where you get 20% damage reduction once a minute for 6 seconds - Best is to wait that minute before each pack pull, so you can double it and get 12 secs - that definitely increases speed of party, you might even finish it today.
    I don't know how terrible you have to be to drop to 35% in dungeons but it doesn't happen if you actually know how to play which is why Unholy/Frost mitigation is useful for letting the healer do other things, while Blood's isn't.

27% overall is RNG, which will bend you over.
    And please give names of those bosses who do that constant dangerous magic ticks. Because I encountered few, can count on one hand.
    Trash packs in dungeons are harder than the bosses and most trash packs spam random spells which stack your Acclimation. All dangerous packs in Forge of Souls and both bosses will stack it. The most dangerous packs in Pits of Saron and Garfrost stack it. 3/5 phantoms in Halls of Reflection stack it as well as the shadowbolts on Lich King. In Drak'tharon keep pretty much every trash pack spams shadow/frost/poison as well as 2 bosses, Frost/Unholy can also kite the spot with the abominations and take minimal damage without cooldowns. Utgarde Keep trash stacks fire resist on you, Prince Keleseth and Dalronn the Controller stack shadow. Azjol Nerub and Ahn'kahet trash get you constant poison/shadow resist as well as Krik'thir, Hadronox, adds on Anub'arak, Prince Taldaram and Herald Volazj. Pretty much everything in Halls of Lightning/Halls of Stone.

It goes on and on with every dungeon out there having some type of resistance that trash mobs will stack on you. Acclimation may be bad in ICC but it's great in dungeons, stop parroting raid reasoning and use your own brain, however difficult that may be.

Sorry that wont help if every dps is attacking different target. If they are damaging same target blood can get the job done. Even mages with living bombs are ok. And you forgot, unholy boosts magic damage, so it boosts threat of magic dps. And that epic Frost snap AoE threat, yea nice, because 64lvls have such imba burst oh my.
    What does that even mean? If it's a trash pack, your DPS should be using their AoE spells, not attacking 1 out of 5 mobs and on bosses both Unholy's and Frost's Icy Touch hit harder than Blood's which means they're not only better at AoE threat but also single target threat.

Go do some dungeons and see how many times you will actually need 3x Death Strike.
    You used the healer being oom and dps being low as a situation that favors blood at which point I explained to you that Unholy has more healing and both Frost and Unholy have more dps. You're now essentially arguing against your own premise by saying you wont ever need extra healing. Genius.

Just stop, its embarrassing. I can recognize best tools to get the job done. And blood provides plenty. Of coarse it is possible to do with Frost and Unholy. It is possible to do it by spamming IT and never using any other spell too.
    Just remember each time you die, you could have probably pulled trough if you were blood.
    You can recognize the best tools and yet you can't even recognize your own arguments. You practically radiate trustworthiness.

We still haven't really agreed on what the most pressing issue in RDFs is. A low-geared tank stepping into PoS or HoR hc might be best off sticking to Blood, since those instances can actually be dangerous. But everything prior to that, from pre-80 dungeons to most level 80 heroics, is revoltingly trivial no matter your gear. In these situations I think you might be best off being Unholy and increasing your party's total DPS a good amount, making the RDF clear that much more efficient. The threat will also keep mobs more firmly glued to you, which is going to make your healer's life a little easier since most of the damage will be directed towards you.
    A low-geared Blood tank is paper. Most of the dangerous damage in PoS and HoR is magic. This spec is essentially Blood but with better healing, better magic EH, better single target and AoE threat and better utility. There's 0 reason to go Blood over this spec at low gear.
    Edited: February 18, 2018

3. Incorrect and invalid.

Because getting hit for 196 instead of 200 is such a win. Getting hit for 160 instead of 200 when it counts is a bad bad bad, worst survival. And Vampiric Blood is not good at all. Better is 20% more armor that you can use only against phisycal. Or unholy, where you get 20% damage reduction once a minute for 6 seconds - Best is to wait that minute before each pack pull, so you can double it and get 12 secs - that definitely increases speed of party, you might even finish it today.

27% overall is RNG, which will bend you over.
    And please give names of those bosses who do that constant dangerous magic ticks. Because I encountered few, can count on one hand.

Sorry that wont help if every dps is attacking different target. If they are damaging same target blood can get the job done. Even mages with living bombs are ok. And you forgot, unholy boosts magic damage, so it boosts threat of magic dps. And that epic Frost snap AoE threat, yea nice, because 64lvls have such imba burst oh my.

I don't know where you have tanked, maybe in some sims or something. But you are spwing horsecrap and its far from what actually is happening in dungeons.

Go do some dungeons and see how many times you will actually need 3x Death Strike.

Just stop, its embarrassing. I can recognize best tools to get the job done. And blood provides plenty. Of coarse it is possible to do with Frost and Unholy. It is possible to do it by spamming IT and never using any other spell too.
    Just remember each time you die, you could have probably pulled trough if you were blood.
    Can confirm, "Angrylol" is that tank who can't hold threat and asks the dps to not dps.
    Arguments are invalid.
    He has no idea what he's talking about, but really wants blood to be the best because that's what he heard and read. (From users referring to ICC raiding or retail.)
    I too made this mistake, but I love data, experience, and trial by fire.
    Blood works, but unholy is easy. Drop DD, spread/refresh 3x diseases + debuff with pestilence. Spam scourge strike / death as needed.
    100% need Glyph of Disease.

Not familiar with Frost, but it's intended by the devs to be there tank spec, so there's that.

If your healer dies, and your group wipes, but you live, then no one wins because you failed at threat, and your team is running back and your left waiting.
    Get mitigation/avoidance and not healing. Rubber band hp dks suck to heal. (Healer PoV)

TL;DR Ignore the scrub. Go unholy while leveling, queue as tank/dps. All you need is a healer to be successful.

4. July 3, 2019  
    Contradicting yourself a bit mate.

"Rubber band hp dk suck to heal" and you tell to go unholy.. hmm?

Simple fact is that Blood has Will of the necropolis and Vampiric Blood. Compare that to Bone shield that will last 8 seconds every minute and minor magic dmg reduction. Your trial by fire wisdom doesn't hold up in face of numbers and how dungeons actually go.

I'll say if each of dps nukes different target you will have problems[you can still manage], and you are supposed to. If you don't you are wasting something on something that is not useful.

So I'll lay some scrubness on you. What you want to do is gauge the biggest pulls you can within manageable limits. You can't do that with unholy. Or maybe you are that tank who waits for CD after each 3 mobs to stay alive and everyone is bored to death. With blood you can really stop pulls when heals need mana break. Every pull, every dangerous situation you have something to counter it with blood, it has a good pace.

Google up "Dunning–Kruger effect" master DK.

5. July 4, 2019  
    Until level 80 a DK can tank with any spec.
    I consider frost as the best choice because Howling blast + DD deals nice AoE burst which works perfect to build on trash packs instantly high aggro up.
    In addition to that a frost DK with two heirloom weapons deals a ****load of dmg. When solo questing I consider Frost also as the best spec. You just kill mobs faster than a UH or Blood DK.

First 12