1. Leveling while joing RDF as a tank spec

Hello !
    So i want to start lvling a dk orc and i want to tank BC dungeons and WOTLK dungeons, while doing some quests here and there. I did search the forum for guide but all i find is lvl 80 tanking spec. I made a spec: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0eMoZhgxxIMGz00bu your opinions matter, if you have an advice i take it. I'll start tanking at lvl 60 when DD is available.
    Thank you.

2. Get Will of the Necropolis, improved Death Strike and Vampiric Blood in blood talents, everything else is up to your personal choice.

3. Well if i go for Vampiric Blood then i should go blood spec, which kinda suck at multi targets. Unlike frost is good for multi targets, especially with Howling blast (at lvl 71)

4. The only reason Frost is good at AoE IS Howling Blast, without it, it's trash at AoE. It doesn't make any sense to delay it by splitting points into Blood. You also need Morbidity for dungeons. Either pick up Morbidity first and then go Frost until Howling Blast or go full Frost with Howling Blast and then pick up Morbidity. Alternatively, you can also go Unholy

5. I don't think anything can compare to blood, I just leveled up DK tank trough only RDF's. It was smooth.

Blood AoE threat is fine, some dude has made it up(that its bad). You just have to make it happen, unlike other classes where it is happening passively.
    Options:
    - (Frost subspec) Death Rune Mastery + Imp Icy Touch + Icy Reach. Great range to collect adds and you can squeeze out lots of IT on all targets with converted runes.
    - (Unholy subspec) Morbidity, Maybe with Glyph of DnD. Just drop it on every CD and gg.

At higher level you can do both with some 43/15/13 build, and oh its good.

Plus bloods superior survival compared to other specs.

6. I don't think anything can compare to blood, I just leveled up DK tank trough only RDF's. It was smooth.

Blood AoE threat is fine, some dude has made it up(that its bad). You just have to make it happen, unlike other classes where it is happening passively.
    Options:
    - (Frost subspec) Death Rune Mastery + Imp Icy Touch + Icy Reach. Great range to collect adds and you can squeeze out lots of IT on all targets with converted runes.
    - (Unholy subspec) Morbidity, Maybe with Glyph of DnD. Just drop it on every CD and gg.

Any spec is pretty much viable, each has own cons and pros.

Personally I like to recommend frost because of more survival talents available (While leveling). once reaching 80 I still would go as frost until you find suitable weapon to choose your endgame path, either get 2x one handed weapons and stay frost or get good 2 hander and pick blood or unholy, both are viable.

7. I don't think anything can compare to blood, I just leveled up DK tank trough only RDF's. It was smooth.

Options:
    Nobody made up anything. Blood has not only the weakest but also the slowest AoE threat of all 3 specs and if you have a pair of functioning eyes, it's very easy to see why. Resorting to IT spamming on multiple targets is a testament to that. That's not to say it's impossible but why would you ever subject yourself to the cancer that is Blood AoE when you can just go Frost/Unholy?

Don't do this after freshly dinging 80, kids. You're gonna get an aneurysm.

Stop parroting things you've heard about ICC raiding, it doesn't apply to dungeons and low gear. The main difference survivability wise between Blood and the other specs is Will of the Necropolis and that's an atrociously bad talent for tanking dungeons since you should never drop below 35% to begin with. Both the other specs instead offer more passive mitigation regardless of hp and other useful tools that can help your group much better. Unholy has an extra spell damage cooldown for the entire group, 6% less magic damage taken and Improved Death Strike healing. Frost offers 2% constant mitigation, better cooldowns for tanking multiple mobs, AoE CC, AoE kiting capabilities and less magic damage taken through Acclimation. If anything, deep Blood talents offer very little survivability for tanking dungeons, especially if you're spamming IT constantly just to hold onto multiple mobs, which means you're gimping your Death Strikes.

8. Well i decide to go full frost and spend 5 points on blood to get "Blade Barrier", here's the points distribution: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0xZhxxxAMIz00buzu I think 3 points on Annihilation is good, OB is trainable at lvl 61.

9. Well, you can parrot about parroting all you want. If you never go under 35% then how is 6% less magic dmg taken or 2% constant mitigation any useful... are you of this planet mate?

Acclimation.. what a joke, you get 1 stack AFTER you take damage, and those 5 times when its useful while you go from 60 - 80... right totally worth it.

Frost has better CDs for multiople mobs - joke of the year. 150 resistance reliably provides 10% resisted magic damage. You can do realiable CC in random dungeons, no one is going to break it, yeah, right.. even if you ever NEED it.

And where is that epic Unholy AoE threat? Wandering plague? with that 10% crit chance.. right such a threat mate.

If you would have tanked more and talked less, maybe you'd know that you will spawn some IT's on pack pulls. In any spec. Here in reality there are inexperienced players who will attack each different target. There are 68lvl players when you are level 61.

Blood is best overall, most universal and will provide chances to pull out from "wipe" situations, when dps is very low and heal is oom. Death rune mastery will provide ready-to-use any kind of rune pretty much at any time, and that is exactly what tank needs. Reliable. It will provide bonus on-demand threat when you need it. Reliable. Will of the Necropolis will greatly pull you out of tough spots. Reliable. Vampiric blood will pretty much grant you that you survive those 15 secs, even with only self heals. Reliable. More Health. Reliable.

So DamnOriginal, go and wait for enemy to hit you 3 times with spell so you can take 10% less damage. Use that CC that pugs will brake after 2 secs. And.. what else Frost had...mmm, right 2% damage mitigation, epic stuff. Or Unholy.. those damn 20% less damage taken for 6 secs.. yeaa booi life is good.

10. Unholy puts out the AoE threat it does primarily because of Impurity buffing your Death and Decay. To a smaller extent, it's also because of the buffed DoTs, the Wandering Plague (even with a low crit chance, this still will proc fairly frequently if the trash pack is large enough), and the fact that you're also debuffing those targets with +13% spell damage. Then there's also that talent that causes you to deal 10% or so more damage to targets with Blood Plague on them. All these effects tie back into buffing your Death and Decay even more.

What's usually the bigger concern in RDFs, anyway? I assume it's probably much more aggro than it is survival? If so I'd probably run Unholy. You also increase your party's AoE DPS substantially, and killing quicker whatever is attacking you is also a guaranteed way to take less damage.
    Edited: February 17, 2018

11. Well, you can parrot about parroting all you want. If you never go under 35% then how is 6% less magic dmg taken or 2% constant mitigation any useful... are you of this planet mate?

Acclimation.. what a joke, you get 1 stack AFTER you take damage, and those 5 times when its useful while you go from 60 - 80... right totally worth it.

Frost has better CDs for multiople mobs - joke of the year. 150 resistance reliably provides 10% resisted magic damage. You can do realiable CC in random dungeons, no one is going to break it, yeah, right.. even if you ever NEED it.

And where is that epic Unholy AoE threat? Wandering plague? with that 10% crit chance.. right such a threat mate.

If you would have tanked more and talked less, maybe you'd know that you will spawn some IT's on pack pulls. In any spec. Here in reality there are inexperienced players who will attack each different target. There are 68lvl players when you are level 61.

Blood is best overall, most universal and will provide chances to pull out from "wipe" situations, when dps is very low and heal is oom. Death rune mastery will provide ready-to-use any kind of rune pretty much at any time, and that is exactly what tank needs. Reliable. It will provide bonus on-demand threat when you need it. Reliable. Will of the Necropolis will greatly pull you out of tough spots. Reliable. Vampiric blood will pretty much grant you that you survive those 15 secs, even with only self heals. Reliable. More Health. Reliable.

So DamnOriginal, go and wait for enemy to hit you 3 times with spell so you can take 10% less damage. Use that CC that pugs will brake after 2 secs. And.. what else Frost had...mmm, right 2% damage mitigation, epic stuff. Or Unholy.. those damn 20% less damage taken for 6 secs.. yeaa booi life is good.
    Can you provide a blood spec and rotation ???? I'm interested.

12. Well, you can parrot about parroting all you want. If you never go under 35% then how is 6% less magic dmg taken or 2% constant mitigation any useful... are you of this planet mate?
    Because you're taking less constant damage and your healer can dedicate less resources healing you and more doing damage/dispelling/anything else to help clear the dungeon faster.

This is just flat out wrong. 150 resistance is 27% overall reduction to magic damage. Acclimation has 30% chance to proc and lasts 18 secs, there are multiple dungeons where you will be constantly hit by 3-4 spells in those 18 secs, allowing you to keep close to 100% uptime.

20% more AP to spells, 30% more disease damage, 13% more magic damage and Wandering Plague. Unholy is king of sustained AoE threat, where as Frost is better an snap AoE threat and Blood is bad at both.

Maybe if you actually tanked with all 3 specs, you'd realize that the reason you're doing that is because your talents are terrible for AoE and your group would be better off with a proper tank.

If your healer is oom then Blood of the North/Reaping are much better tools for staying alive because they convert blood runes, allowing you to have 3 pairs of runes for Death Strike healing. If DPS is low, Frost/Unholy have better DPS than Blood. Blood excels at endgame tanking, not dungeons. In dungeons, Unholy/Frost are much better for the overall efficiency of the group.

These things were figured out long before you even knew what tanking meant. Arguing that Blood is best at everything will just make you look like a newborn fanboy.

13. undk tank - http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/d...33001001100000

frost dk 2hand - http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/d...00000000000000

frost 2x one hand - http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/d...00000000000000

blood - http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/d...00000000000000

opening for first 3 spec : Blood Tap > 3x IT > bs > 2x ps > 3x it > bs > 2x ps that would be for single target and just keep rotating and using DS when you need to heal your self, think a head little so you would have your runes ready for healing. mult target DnD > it > ps > pest > change target it > ps > bs > pest change target around and use IT x1 on every target or another spell if your frost rune is on cd. Before every fight use HoW and while in unholy tank use Bone Shield before every fight and if you can w8 till he is ready or 30 or less sec till ready so you can use it again "it is great def cd with glyph it has 4 bone stack and it can hold for more then 15-20 sec depends on your dodge and parry"

for blood tanking opening is same, you would no have so much IT because another spec have better death rune management but at the end everything is same
    Edited: February 17, 2018

14. When leveling, DK as a class is by far the strongest. Aslong as u are in Frost Presence, u are a god in that dungeon.
    Pure Unholy spec that is mainly good for world PvP is also awesome for farming endless packs of NPCs and tanking dungeons:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZZfMGI0bdgfzz0ucqo:o

Once u hit LvL 70 i would suggest going Improved Unholy Presence and Spending most of ur time out of dungeons in it, while doing quests...
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZG...odgfzzbucqo:ob

In case u purely want to Dungeon Farm and do Quests:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZG...bdxcuz0ucqo:ob
    Wandering Plague wont be so great mainly cos ur crit chance will be low.

Overall it wont matter much which talents u chose to spec into diferently aslong as ur main prio goes to be: Buffing Death and Decay.
    As for rotation, place Death and Decay as much as u can, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, repeat.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=349830
    For some tips when it comes to aggro and lvl 80 spec options.

15. Because you're taking less constant damage and your healer can dedicate less resources healing you and more doing damage/dispelling/anything else to help clear the dungeon faster.
    Because getting hit for 196 instead of 200 is such a win. Getting hit for 160 instead of 200 when it counts is a bad bad bad, worst survival. And Vampiric Blood is not good at all. Better is 20% more armor that you can use only against phisycal. Or unholy, where you get 20% damage reduction once a minute for 6 seconds - Best is to wait that minute before each pack pull, so you can double it and get 12 secs - that definitely increases speed of party, you might even finish it today.

This is just flat out wrong. 150 resistance is 27% overall reduction to magic damage. Acclimation has 30% chance to proc and lasts 18 secs, there are multiple dungeons where you will be constantly hit by 3-4 spells in those 18 secs, allowing you to keep close to 100% uptime.
    27% overall is RNG, which will bend you over.
    And please give names of those bosses who do that constant dangerous magic ticks. Because I encountered few, can count on one hand.

20% more AP to spells, 30% more disease damage, 13% more magic damage and Wandering Plague. Unholy is king of sustained AoE threat, where as Frost is better an snap AoE threat and Blood is bad at both.
    Sorry that wont help if every dps is attacking different target. If they are damaging same target blood can get the job done. Even mages with living bombs are ok. And you forgot, unholy boosts magic damage, so it boosts threat of magic dps. And that epic Frost snap AoE threat, yea nice, because 64lvls have such imba burst oh my.

Maybe if you actually tanked with all 3 specs, you'd realize that the reason you're doing that is because your talents are terrible for AoE and your group would be better off with a proper tank.
    I don't know where you have tanked, maybe in some sims or something. But you are spwing horsecrap and its far from what actually is happening in dungeons.

If your healer is oom then Blood of the North/Reaping are much better tools for staying alive because they convert blood runes, allowing you to have 3 pairs of runes for Death Strike healing. If DPS is low, Frost/Unholy have better DPS than Blood. Blood excels at endgame tanking, not dungeons. In dungeons, Unholy/Frost are much better for the overall efficiency of the group.
    Go do some dungeons and see how many times you will actually need 3x Death Strike.

These things were figured out long before you even knew what tanking meant. Arguing that Blood is best at everything will just make you look like a newborn fanboy.
    Just stop, its embarrassing. I can recognize best tools to get the job done. And blood provides plenty. Of coarse it is possible to do with Frost and Unholy. It is possible to do it by spamming IT and never using any other spell too.
    Just remember each time you die, you could have probably pulled trough if you were blood.

12 Last