1. DoT tracking addons show other people's debuffs

The topic as old as a Universe.
    I've tried pretty much every DoT tracking addon I could find and every one of them shares same problem - they track other's debuffs. When some of them track every single debuff on a target with no ability to turn it off (DoTimer), other track same spells. I'm a shadow priest and in case other priest puts Shadow Word: Pain on a target my timer breaks and shows either a stack or a separate SW:P timer (with no player's name).
    What's the problem with this stuff? Is it a server? Or was it the same on a retail back in the days.
    What do you, dot-class players, use?

2. This is silly. Are there no double shadow priest raid setups? How do you guys cope with this issue?

3. What's the problem with this stuff? Is it a server? Or was it the same on a retail back in the days.
    Iirc this functionality was only introduced with patch 3.0 when UnitDebuff was replaced by UnitAura in the API http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/API_UnitAura

4. Iirc this functionality was only introduced with patch 3.0 when UnitDebuff was replaced by UnitAura in the API http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/API_UnitAura
    Thanks! Interesting thing though, in original TBC videos from retail you can clearly see it wasn't an issue back then. For example, Illidan world first kill by Nihilum, recorded from shadow priest POV. They had 2 shadow priests in a raid (you can see both dots on a unit frame), however Muqq's DoTimer addon shows only his own dots.

5. Thanks! Interesting thing though, in original TBC videos from retail you can clearly see it wasn't an issue back then. For example, Illidan world first kill by Nihilum, recorded from shadow priest POV. They had 2 shadow priests in a raid (you can see both dots on a unit frame), however Muqq's DoTimer addon shows only his own dots.
    If YOU apply your dots first and don't let them run out your addon will track them. If you drop them and reapply them, while someone else has the same debuffs on target, it won't track.

6. If YOU apply your dots first and don't let them run out your addon will track them. If you drop them and reapply them, while someone else has the same debuffs on target, it won't track.
    Right now I'm using Classtimer, and no matter who's Vampiric Touch was first, second one will refresh the timer of the first. There will be two separate bars, but with same time.

7. Right now I'm using Classtimer, and no matter who's Vampiric Touch was first, second one will refresh the timer of the first. There will be two separate bars, but with same time.
    Hm that's strange, maybe it's Classtimer :-/

8. Hm that's strange, maybe it's Classtimer :-/
    DebuffFilter does same thing, only stacking second dot on top of mine and refreshing the timer.

9. Here's the solution for this issue I now understand not many of you could've experienced at all.

TLDR: BuffLib library, that synchronizes CC timers is also synchronizes other debuffs, including DoTs. Turning it off is kinda fixes the issue.

Shadow priests don't need BuffLib in pve, coz we don't participate in chain control. You have to turn it on in pvp though, that's why I've had this issue in the first place.
    However addons still behave weird. They show the icon of somebody else's dot, but without the timer. It's a minor issue, but still is.