1. Professions and multiple chars

Hi guys&girls,

I have a few questions/uncertainties regarding which profession to have on which char.

I'm playing with my GF and she has Tailoring and Enchanting on her Priest while I have Mining and Skinning on my Hunter. I also have an alt that is a few lvl's lower then both of these that has Skinning and Leatherworking at the moment, planning on dropping Skinning for Jewelcrafting.

The logic behind the setup was that I play more with my main and therefore I'm able to gather more materials with him then I would with my alt, since I play my alt only when I feel like playing and the GF doesn't want to.

However, I do not feel that is the optimal setup, should I maybe switch it around a bit? Any thoughts or suggestions?
    What are the disadvantages on having crafting professions (Leatherworking and Jewelcrafting) on an alt?

Ty in advance

2. I would take mining/Jewelcrafting. My priest is Tailor/Ench, my Pala is BS/JC.

3. I would take mining/Jewelcrafting. My priest is Tailor/Ench, my Pala is BS/JC.
    Mining/Jewelcrafting on my main or on my alt?

4. If you wanna gather mats on your main, then you can have mining/JC. BS/JC is generally considered BiS professions so I have those on my main but I can't gather any mats with those.

5. Guys one question. If I have made those 34 arp gems after being full 450 in jewelcrafting and socket those into my weapons. Then I remove jewelcrafting. Will if affect the weapon or the gems in any way?

6. If you wanna gather mats on your main, then you can have mining/JC. BS/JC is generally considered BiS professions so I have those on my main but I can't gather any mats with those.
    Ok, so I should then go mining/JC on my main and skinning/LW on my alt.. I will probably be rolling a DK later who will probably have mining/BS...

@sagar, not sure, never had a char this high lvl, this is my first WoW account ever :)

7. Just go with whatever feels good for you, JC and ench are the two most important professions to have imo, so you can make your own gems and enchants. On retail I've always gone Ench/JC on main so I can DE stuff in dungeons and craft all the stuff I need.

8. Just go with whatever feels good for you, JC and ench are the two most important professions to have imo, so you can make your own gems and enchants. On retail I've always gone Ench/JC on main so I can DE stuff in dungeons and craft all the stuff I need.
    Great.. :) tnx for the input, very appreciated :)