1. Feral Druid or Rogue in PvP/Arena?

Heya folks!

First of all, this thread is also posted in the Rogue section so I can hear both opinions.

Basically, I love the stealth combat feel of the rogue but the increased mobility and healing of a druid just makes it sound like a better class for PvP. Is this correct or am I missing something completely?

2. i played feral since mop so i decided to give a try in this expansion.

while feral is playable in this version, feels incomplete. Then i try rogue, is more solid than feral because has the tools for deal with the high damage/healing nature of wotlk in general, making cc even more meaningful.

im pretty sure that sap, blind , kidney , the -50% healing effect and the interrupt are enough reasons for make rogue more viable than feral in arena.

feral sucks? no, but in pvp imo rogue feels better suited.

3. It's an old post but in my opinion.. Obviously Rogue has a lot of control but do not count out : Cyclone.. A powerful CC + Roots are insanely strong on a melee if healer has no dispels. They're both different playstyle and you will survive a lot of burst without cooldowns as a feral.. On a rogue if Evasion and cloak is on CD you'll have a hard to living.. Bear form has no cooldown. I just love all the things you can do on a feral.

4. and you will survive a lot of burst without cooldowns as a feral..
    What is your ingame nick ?
    Would like to see how you are surviving bursts without cooldowns as feral.

Bear form has no cooldown.
    Bear form "without cooldowns" works well only against one class - rogue.
    All other classes will penetrate you in bear if they are bis, even warrior.
    Edited: April 7, 2018

5. And that's where you're wrong. Bear Form is effective against any physical class.
    Unless you're a stacking pve gear kind of player.. No melee should shred through your bear form in PvP.

6. What is your ingame nick ?
    Would like to see how you are surviving bursts without cooldowns as feral.

Bear form "without cooldowns" works well only against one class - rogue.
    All other classes will penetrate you in bear if they are bis, even warrior.
    Compared to a rogue(!) this statement is totally correct, a rogue without CDs is dead. A healer spam healing a rogue thats being hit by pretty much anything cant heal through the pressure, meanwhile ferals can outlast a lot more without CDs due to bear form and 20% more healing taken in catform. And no, no melee can kill you through heals in bearform, unlike a rogue who will just flop if hit.

As to the question, rogues are a class that is a lot better with CDs and a lot worse without, ferals are just kinda overall always the same. Rogues have broken mobility to fight a mage for example, but if you dont use the mobility well and you dont kill fast enough you can be kited forever and ever because afterwards you have nothing, ferals always have good mobility. Rogues have absurd CC during openers or out of other CC, but once vanishes and blind are on CD you wont be getting many saps or other CC on the healer, ferals have good CC that stays the same during the entire game. Rogues do insane damage during dance and then their damage is alright (if they arent the 900 resiliance kind), ferals have high damage throughout the game (and insane damage during berserk tbh) and so on.

In the end the only real advice on this topic, and on all "which class" topics is the following:

Everything is viable, make a character on blackrock (instant 80, free relentless gear) and play it, play whichever you like more.

7. well, i get that is a feral or rogue post, but other classes have better sustain survival than feral without lose so much offensive.

Damage is high, this isnt a expansion of sustained. Feral dont have great defensives and is vulnerable to get trained, similar to shaman.

Feral is fun i dont gonna lie you, but for example a feral on 50% thats gets open by a rogue can't recover (without enginering or pots). Rogue in the other hand can trinket and blow some CDs and try to kill feral.

Hunter open on you at 50% at 35y, same situation. Rogue can blow CDs and make hunter play defensive at least, feral is just a damage sponge with cds up.

Opossite situation for hunter, he could trink>scatter (trap or whatever) if he gets that 40y distance dont matter if have 10% hp the feral gonna get ****ed without uptime on target IN CAT FORM.

This isn't arena related of course, but if you do pvp alone this kind of things could affect the perception of the spec.

Other thing, at least subtlety (not idea from the others specs) dont need much setting for damage, unlike MOP for example where you need slice, rupture(or garrote) and find weakness to start to burst, here just press dance with full energy and the pressure is ok.

Feral need savage roar, mangle and bleed on target to make shred worth. Rogue can backstab without problem, maybe hemorrage but isn't a -20% that's for sure.

Dont saying that rogue is easy and feral hard, is just the design or the classes.

8. Compared to a rogue(!) this statement is totally correct, a rogue without CDs is dead. A healer spam healing a rogue thats being hit by pretty much anything cant heal through the pressure
    Where the healer part comes from ?
    Topic is about druid vs rogue.
    Druid can not handle incoming tunneling damage without cooldowns.

9. Where the healer part comes from ?
    Topic is about druid vs rogue.
    Druid can not handle incoming tunneling damage without cooldowns.
    "Feral Druid or Rogue in PvP/Arena? "

PVP/ARENA

From the healers in your premade BG or your partner in 2s/3s. Any pvp bar duels is a group activity, so you usually have a healer with you. Best feral comp is disc or resto shaman + feral, in any premade you have one or two healers. And in duels you use Bear as a defensive a lot. This isnt a which class can do better all alone.

And you can survive a lot just with bearform.