1. How does Deep Wounds work?

So, whenever I crit, I put a new bleed on the target. What if I crit again? Does Deep Wounds refresh or does the damage stack with the previous Deep Wound? Because, if it refreshes, it doesn't sound too appealing to me and I'd rather go for Fury for the remaining points (I'm Prot)

2. Successive crits contribute towards building up the damage bank of your Deep Wounds. Deep Wounds is scripted perfectly (it doesn't "munch" like it did on retail) so you don't lose any damage whatsoever from consecutive crits unless the target dies before your Deep Wounds can finish ticking.

3. It stacks but the reason you offspec arms isn't Deep Wounds, it's Impale.

4. Deep Wounds wont do much DMG if u are Prot mainly cos of low avarage Melee dmg (read the full text of the talent and open ur char melee panel).

If u plan on tanking, u should probably completely ignore Arms tree, part from 5% parry rating and go for:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#LVZ...Vhtrx0didcdsGo
    Or:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#LVZhycZVItrx0zidczsGo
    Depending on what are u tanking mainly.
    1st spec for Raids, 2nd spec for RDF farm.

For PvP, Impale could be great for extra burst DMG:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#LVM...VhurtbzidcdsGo

5. Even when without the bleed debuff, and with only a ilevel 245 1.5 speed weapon, threat-wise Impale and Deep Wounds are on par. If you dipped into the Arms tree to pick up Impale it doesn't make sense not to also grab Deep Wounds while you're at it. Having the bleed debuff and/or a 2.6 speed weapon that's a higher ilevel makes Deep Wounds much stronger point for point eventually.

6. From my expirience, with a 277/284 ilvl weapon and fully bis 1400 armor pen gear, Deep Wounds deals almost no dmg while clearing dungeons.
    As for Raid Tanking, i think improved Demo Shout might be a bit more usefull than DW.
    As for PvP i cant talk much since i didnt do almost anything else exept BGs where again, DW wont do much DMG overall.

7. So if I have for example weapon 1000-1200 damage avg damage is 1100
    1100*0.48/6=tick? plus this can stack if you have several crits in a row in that 6 seconds timer right?

8. Yeah that's how it works. The damage used is the average of the min and max damage you see on your char sheet under the "Melee" tab. One crit causes Deep Wounds damage equal to 48% of that damage. Successive crits stack the damage up. Nothing is actually lost.

9. Yeah that's how it works. The damage used is the average of the min and max damage you see on your char sheet under the "Melee" tab. One crit causes Deep Wounds damage equal to 48% of that damage. Successive crits stack the damage up. Nothing is actually lost.
    I thougt it was just main hand average weapon damage,so attack power is changing dmg too ? (because it's changing damage in melee tab).

10. Yep. The char sheet takes into account the 14 AP = 1 DPS thing and adjusts your weapon's damage accordingly.

11. Thank you for the answer, everyone!

If reason to go Arms is [Impale], isn't [Blood Craze] good enough to go for Fury? Protection has zero passive healings unlike arms/fury. So, why not spec into that to get a bit of regen? Or is it because Prot is good enough to handle damage. I mainly ask in terms of PvP.

@Gnimo: In your PvP linked talents, why did you leave out [Improved Disciplines]? Doesn't Shield Wall help like a ton!? Thanks in advance for answering.

12. As i said, i didnt do a lot of arena, just RBG solo que...
    2 talent points, that can be used elsewhere, for 1min CD reduction on Shield Wall that alrdy has a long CD is not worth, thats atleast how i see it.

If u want a bit more control and self heal:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#LVZGx0sZVhprtbzidcdsGo

And, from what i know, prot war is all about catching and bursting someone in Concussion Blow and Shockwave, so going for more control might not be that usefull since it can cost u, aka not beeing able to kill someone.

13. Thank you for the answer, everyone!
    If reason to go Arms is [Impale], isn't [Blood Craze] good enough to go for Fury? Protection has zero passive healings unlike arms/fury. So, why not spec into that to get a bit of regen? Or is it because Prot is good enough to handle damage. I mainly ask in terms of PvP.
    No, Blood Craze is garbage. Prot PvP playstyle revolves around low resilience/PvE gear with heavy burst and control. It survives by locking down its opponents and killing them with heavy crits, not tanking damage with negligible amounts of healing. Impale drastically improves your burst, which is why it is vital.

14. As i said, i didnt do a lot of arena, just RBG solo que...
    2 talent points, that can be used elsewhere, for 1min CD reduction on Shield Wall that alrdy has a long CD is not worth, thats atleast how i see it.

If u want a bit more control and self heal:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#LVZGx0sZVhprtbzidcdsGo

And, from what i know, prot war is all about catching and bursting someone in Concussion Blow and Shockwave, so going for more control might not be that usefull since it can cost u, aka not beeing able to kill someone.
    Actually, I asked about it thinking how this talent + Glyph can help reduce the CD to 2 min instead of 5 min on it.

One last thing I wanna know is about [Improved Shield Reflection]. Do you believe putting point(s) into it is worth it for PvP? Spell dodge for 4% is like every 25th spell misses. That sounds weak. As for the other bonus it gives, I'm assuming that's only good for Arena, right? For WPvP or BG, it's usefulness won't prove much, is it so?

No, Blood Craze is garbage. Prot PvP playstyle revolves around low resilience/PvE gear with heavy burst and control. It survives by locking down its opponents and killing them with heavy crits, not tanking damage with negligible amounts of healing. Impale drastically improves your burst, which is why it is vital.
    Alright. Thanks for the info. I'll go for Impale instead then.

15. Actually, I asked about it thinking how this talent + Glyph can help reduce the CD to 2 min instead of 5 min on it.

One last thing I wanna know is about [Improved Shield Reflection]. Do you believe putting point(s) into it is worth it for PvP? Spell dodge for 4% is like every 25th spell misses. That sounds weak. As for the other bonus it gives, I'm assuming that's only good for Arena, right? For WPvP or BG, it's usefulness won't prove much, is it so?

Alright. Thanks for the info. I'll go for Impale instead then.
    Improved spell reflection can be usefull same as safeguard in pvp.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHkBl42FzA&t
    Depends on how you play really nobody can set your talents.
    Glyph of shield wall reduce cooldown but also you take more damage I don't think its so good because as prot you want to have pve items and just fast rekt somebody with pve items on cc. If you don't kill on first cc you need to play defensive when your stuns are up again so you can kill.

12 Last