1. Ninja rules not good enough!

Hi dear people,

Yesterday I organized an ICC 25 rnd raid and was Masterlooter.

At Gunship droped [Corp'rethar Ceremonial Crown], which is in my oppinion a healer Item due 100 Spirit. Therefore I gave the item 2nd highest roll a healer and not "...." Mage dmgdealer. This behavior should be conform with warmane rules.

- Master Looter taking items that were not reserved or giving them to players that did not win, unless it's 2nd highest roll when winner had no use for the item (rogue rolling on caster trinket).

What happend?
    ..... and ..... made a ticket and I got a ban!

There is a dilemma!
    Imagine if I gave the heal head indeed to the mage, wouldn't the healer write also a ticket saying I did ninja and also I get a ban?

I say for 1 MONTH of ban this rule must be more sophisticated or more tolerance for decision for the lootmaster. In example (rogue rolling for caster trinket) is quite clear, but dmgdealer rolling on healer head, seems not to be that clear (either member and GM).

And I want to suggest lower the penalty to 5 - 7 days, because mistakes can happen to everyone! 1 month is hard stuff

Consider also the life of a random raid leader is not that easy.
    - 2 h looking for people to fill the raid
    - Take care of people crying no stop
    - Explain Bosses
    - Also Raidleaders could do mistakes, because lots of information is roling in.

so long
    Edited: February 28, 2018

2. I guess that Molten Armor got you.

There’s another problem here - People who report players for giving items with Spirit to Healer(As long as you don’t give cloth to dudu or shammy or holy pal) You can’t expect every PUG RAID leader to know what’s best for every class and spec.. I do not think that you deserve a ban when it’s not so easy to decide.

If you gave this item to paladin then yeah, you made a big mistake and ban should be in place. If it was given to holy priest - I would just give you a one day ban so you can read more guides and learn what’s best for who if you lead PUG raids.

3. Thank you for your replay.

We are pretty same oppinion.

But I also want to point out 1 month of BAN is hard.

I would lower the penalty to 5 - 7 days, because mistakes can happen to everyone!

4. Absolutey. Especially cause it is PUG raid. Mistakes happen in guild runs too.

Hopefully you will get unbanned soon.

5. Unless you specified loot rules (in this case, "Spirit Gear will go to healers") at the beginning of the raid, and had raidmemeber concurrence, then you would be in the wrong.

Master Looting an item to a character of your own choosing against the outcome of a communal roll in a PUG setting would be considered a ninja action.

Warmane's rule on 'ninja' does not exempt "Items that a character has less-than-perfect use for". It is "items that a character has NO use for", i.e. melee classes rolling on spirit/int exclusive items (note, there are several items with spirit or int that may be legitimate upgrades due to other stats present on the item), or an item of an armor or weapon class that the character cannot physically equip. It is not for you to determine whom to give an item to based on whether it is optimal for a given character, unless you've stated this at the beginning of the raid (with some leeway likely for inter-guild policies, i.e. non-pug).

A mage can readily use a Corp'rethar Ceremonial crown, and it is likely an upgrade to pre-ICC gear, and if this character won a communal roll, it is a ninja action to assign that item to another player without his or her explicit consent.

6. A mage can readily use a Corp'rethar Ceremonial crown, and it is likely an upgrade to pre-ICC gear, and if this character won a communal roll, it is a ninja action to assign that item to another player without his or her explicit consent.
    This is a legit Argument.

My desicion is healer item goes to healer. Which is as legit as yours. So we need to discuss how to distribute drops. And on this very example u can discuss hours, because it is close and each ones oppinion.

So as it comes to a ticket u must think about a GM will rule about what you do. And if you ar not same decision as GM you are ****ed.
    I am pretty sure about this example GM will handle it defferently

And also GM can make mistake?

7. My desicion is healer item goes to healer. Which is as legit as yours. So we need to discuss how to distribute drops. And on this very example u can discuss hours, because it is close and each ones oppinion.
    Distribution works as per the raid rules stated before it begins. You don't get to dictate who gets it after two eligible players rolled and one won if the agreed loot rules didn't say anything about that. By ignoring the roll made by a player who legitimately could use the gear you didn't make a mistake, you made a decision to break the loot rules. A mistake would be handing the item to the wrong person with a misclick.

8. Distribution works as per the raid rules stated before it begins
    I cann't take your answer serious, because you make statments without knowing the RAIDRULES.

You don't get to dictate who gets it after two eligible players rolled and one won if the agreed loot rules didn't say anything about that
    This statement contains mistakes. From mine oppinion MAGE is NOT eligible.
    So you either don't dictate, who is eligible and who not.

What does make the player eligible? That mage can wear cloth ? And therefore all cloth goes to mage, priest, warlock. That is a pretty beginner understanding of wow.
    To teach you some distribution of items should be STAT dependend. For example BIS fury warrior items for wrist and hands are LEATHER.

If we go your way all off warrior will be able to roll on tank gear :D
    You like that. I am sure you do.

By ignoring the roll made by a player who legitimately could use the gear you didn't make a mistake
    Please read at warmane rules

- Master Looter taking items that were not reserved or giving them to players that did not win, unless it's 2nd highest roll when winner had no use for the item (rogue rolling on caster trinket).

In my oppinion the mage was the rogue. So I did everything right.

Distribution works as per the raid rules stated before it begins. You don't get to dictate who gets it after two eligible players rolled and one won if the agreed loot rules didn't say anything about that. By ignoring the roll made by a player who legitimately could use the gear you didn't make a mistake, you made a decision to break the loot rules. A mistake would be handing the item to the wrong person with a misclick.
    As Mod you are pretty onesided. I would not be surprised, if you are ... or ..... Some of Higher ranks should check that if that is a possiblity.

Pretty onesided

9. I cann't take your answer serious, because you make statments without knowing the RAIDRULES.
    Part of a ninja report is a screenshot of the raid rules. I don't have to know them to know they were judged to having been broken, as you are banned.

This statement contains mistakes. From mine oppinion MAGE is NOT eligible.
    So you either don't dictate, who is eligible and who not.

What does make the player eligible? That mage can wear cloth ? And therefore all cloth goes to mage, priest, warlock. That is a pretty beginner understanding of wow.
    To teach you some distribution of items should be STAT dependend. For example BIS fury warrior items for wrist and hands are LEATHER.
    Your opinion is irrelevant, which seems to be the part you don't get. As a master looter, you are simply distributing gear according to the agreed loot rules, not deciding who gets what. But even with that aside, what happened to you saying a post ago that Whiskey's argument that the item in question can be used by mages and be considered an upgrade being "a legit Argument"?

Please read at warmane rules

In my oppinion the mage was the rogue. So I did everything right.
    I'm not the one banned, am I the one that should read the rules? Because it clearly states "unless the winner had no use for the item", which isn't the case here - and you even agreed with Whiskey on that. But again, your issue is you think your opinion has more value than the rules.

As Mod you are pretty onesided. I would not be surprised, if you are .... or ..... Some of Higher ranks should check that if that is a possiblity.

Pretty onesided
    The fact you believe someone can only point out you're wrong if they are involved shows that you don't only lack the maturity to accept you screwed up, but that you try to push the blame to anyone else around in your denial, is rather pathological. Even if I was in fact one of those, what would that matter? Would that make it so you didn't break the rules? Guess again.

10. If you think my opinion is irrelevant, your opinion is irelevant for me.

I want to have a discussion.

I saw 5 days penalties for ninja looting. Why do I get 1 month.

11. If you think my opinion is irrelevant, your opinion is irelevant for me.

I want to have a discussion.

I saw 5 days penalties for ninja looting. Why do I get 1 month.
    Except that:

1. What I'm saying isn't an opinion, but what the rules say; and
    2. This is a thread in the Suggestions section, claiming the loot rules - which thousands of players in different realms have no issue following - aren't good enough.

You want to ask for the reason your ban got that duration, contact a GM or Support. The current rules are fine as far as your complain goes, the issue not being with them, but you trying to overrule them, making it so my irrelevant opinion is denying this so-called suggestion.