1. Rawr v2.3.23, which is fairly on-point for Mages. It values 10 crit slightly higher than 11sp. Simcraft doesn't agree with that conclusion but it's been difficult to get that to work right since the wowhead database change anyway. Simcraft is drastically downplaying the value of crit, since pyroblast barely constitutes more of your damage than LB on it. So I'd go with Rawr on this.

This isn't of much consequence because it's a hypothetical DPS gain that will quite certainly never see its realization.

2. Rawr v2.3.23, which is fairly on-point for Mages. It values 10 crit slightly higher than 11sp. Simcraft doesn't agree with that conclusion but it's been difficult to get that to work right since the wowhead database change anyway. Simcraft is drastically downplaying the value of crit, since pyroblast barely constitutes more of your damage than LB on it. So I'd go with Rawr on this.

This isn't of much consequence because it's a hypothetical DPS gain that will quite certainly never see its realization.
    Ah yes my bad I got that number : 10 crit > 11 sp
    I never agreed that result ! Because of the fact until a high amount of crit the benefit you get by having more HS proc little by little get less value. Indeed you have to be able to both maximize the number of pyro the uptime of LB meanwhile being constantly on Pushing the Limits. And as you say when it come to multitarget (even only 2) the value of the sp is (in my mind) higher then the crit.

It's only my PoV not entirely related to the theory.

Tiny.

3. Thanks for all the answers and help...
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

From my pov Haste Belt and 31.81% Haste, with all Blue matched, Purified 12sp10spirit, gems will a better option for Gnomes since they have 100 extra intellect thanks to racial. I decided to go for 1x 12sp10crit gem instead of 1x 23sp gem in Belt, mainly cos it pushes me over that 52% crit mark (51.9% without that crit gem, 52.1% with that gem). If i have a Draenei in the grp, i have another belt with 23sp Gem and another Shoulder with 12sp10crit instead of 12sp10hit gem. There is a bit more tweeking thats possible here, but it wont matter in the end almost at all...

As for Trolls, i would go for Spirit Belt, 29.06% Haste, and 367 - 13.99% hit, 23sp Gems in Neck and Ring instead of 12sp10spirit (maybe even gloves if that wouldnt put me below 52% crit chance buffed) aswell.

For Humans, i would probably just go with the same build as if i was a Troll, with a bit more gem tweeking.
    For Draeneis, i would probably just go with the same build as if i was a Gnome, with 12sp10crit gems instead of 12sp10hit gem and 13.23% Hit (347).
    For Undeads and Blood Elves, i really dont know how i would setup that mage, but probably something like Trolls and Humans.

Both Races (Gnome/Troll) will be on 52% Crit (58% Fire) with Molten Armor, Arcane Intellect, Mark of the Wild, Spirit Buff and Kings (without FM, any Aura, or any other buff/debuff).

4. Thanks for all the answers and help...
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

From my pov Haste Belt and 31.81% Haste, with all Blue matched, Purified 12sp10spirit, gems will a better option for Gnomes since they have 100 extra intellect thanks to racial. I decided to go for 1x 12sp10crit gem instead of 1x 23sp gem in Belt, mainly cos it pushes me over that 52% crit mark (51.9% without that crit gem, 52.1% with that gem). If i have a Draenei in the grp, i have another belt with 23sp Gem and another Shoulder with 12sp10crit instead of 12sp10hit gem. There is a bit more tweeking thats possible here, but it wont matter in the end almost at all...

As for Trolls, i would go for Spirit Belt, 29.06% Haste, and 367 - 13.99% hit, 23sp Gems in Neck and Ring instead of 12sp10spirit (maybe even gloves if that wouldnt put me below 52% crit chance buffed) aswell.

For Humans, i would probably just go with the same build as if i was a Troll, with a bit more gem tweeking.
    For Draeneis, i would probably just go with the same build as if i was a Gnome, with 12sp10crit gems instead of 12sp10hit gem and 13.23% Hit (347).
    For Undeads and Blood Elves, i really dont know how i would setup that mage, but probably something like Trolls and Humans.

Both Races (Gnome/Troll) will be on 52% Crit (58% Fire) with Molten Armor, Arcane Intellect, Mark of the Wild, Spirit Buff and Kings (without FM, any Aura, or any other buff/debuff).
    I got that little chat in MP, it reflect my point of view in matter of the choose of the Belt:

Originally Posted by XXXX

[...]

I did some calculations, because i've seen mages like AAAA and BBBB use the Spirit-Crit waist instead of the waist with haste and you also stated in your guide that it can be viable, but you personally prefer the one with Haste.

I'll give you a short overview, i might be interesting for you (or not :b):

Haste-wise it comes down to 953 vs. 1043.

953 haste rating = 29.06%

FB with all haste support: 1.82 sec (exact: 1,82309 sec)
    Time window for the 3rd FB during t10 2/5 proc: 0.36 sec

1043 haste rating = 31.81%

FB with all haste support: 1.79 sec (exact: 1,78519 sec)
    Time window for the 3rd FB during t10 2/5 proc: 0.42 sec

(Note: the casttime of FB with 953 Haste might be 1.83 sec as well...i just dont know how they do it with the decimal numbers.)

Take care.

(:
    Thanks for the infos.

But my choice isn't only rely on the haste =)

Yes prefer the statistic haste, to the crit I think she [is] more consistant.

But it's also the fact that I consider the crit given by the BIS without the Spirit waist is enough. In fact I considere having 72% crit raidbuffed(and debuffs) as the good choice, with a BIS gear I get more and it's cool but not mandatory to my mind. Indeed having [70.71]% crit, mean having 1 HS after 50 % of my spell which can crit. ([0,7071]² = 0,5) That 50% chance as a cap is a personnal choice, it allow me to be free to maximize my LB uptime (even if I have 2 targets to manage) and in the mean time properly rotate between being on GCD and being on cast. Made me have time to think and to reevaluate the fight. To be bref I don't like over proc HS, and with such an haste oriented haste gear I never ever loose any HS and I properly maximise my LB uptime. By personnal thinking about characteristics priority for a mage in encounters suchs as in ICC is SP > Haste > Crit, but only when the mage have reach [70.71]% realcrit.

It's a point of view, idk if he is relevant, but for what I have seen, he match with my game vision and gameplay. I am more rely on my FB damages output, and it mean more rely on my activity time than on my crit. When I compare with other top mages it seem that they sometime choose a crit oriented gear gemming etc, but for what I know that just make them cry when they actually don't crit ^^ meanwhile I'm ok. But if I get luck and crit as god (It happen because of the RNG of the Crit =P, they just cannot reach me because I have most sustained statistics).

The only fight where I use a spirit wait is on Halion fight because that fight requiert more movements and getting more HS in that case is enjoyable in order to be able to move a bit more =)

[...]

Tiny.

Originally Posted by XXXX

Originally Posted by TinyToys
    That 50% chance as a cap is a personnal choice, it allow me to be free to maximize my LB uptime
    Can you please explain this point in detail, because i didnt get it. :D

Have a nice weekend.
    To be bref, I'm currently missing the Silk Spindle Hc. So I have a casting time under 2T10 of : 1.788 sec and a GCD of 1 secondes. [Nota: casting time withe the Silk Spindle Hc: 1.785 sec]

Let's take a look of an average cycle. Assuming the 50% chance to get a HS after a fireball.

I'll try to make and [Table] =)

Actions:
    > LB's GCD | FB's Cast | Pyro's GCD | FB's Cast | FB's Cast | Pyro's GCD | FB's Cast | FB's Cast |

Casting Time:
    > 1 sec | 1.788 sec | 1 sec | 1.788 sec | 1.788 sec | 1 sec | 1.788 sec | 1.788 sec |

Cumulates:
    > 1 sec | 2.788 sec | 3.788 sec | 5.576 sec | 7.364 sec | 8.364 sec | 10.152 sec | 11.940 sec |

If I assume the 0.06 sec remaining will be spend on latency/spamming issues (which is honest) I can refresh my LB right after is explosion and so get a maximum of LB Uptime on the fight.

This in how it work in average for a 50% chance to get a HS after a spell (LB's explosion or FB's hit)

And this configuration suits me well =)

Moreover as I said having a bit less HS proc give me a bit less time to think, and overall let me the place to refresh my LB and never delay her for launching some additionnal pyro.

[...]

Take care,

Tiny.

Tiny.
    Edited: February 27, 2018

5. May 1, 2018  
    Anyone knows how to calculate the Haste needed to set ur Fireball cast time at 2.00 sec speed?

All i found was calculations from WoWWiki website, altho it does not count in the 5% haste from totem and 3% haste from Aura, and i dont know how to implement those numbers in the calculations with 100% certainty...
    maybe next time ask some guildmate? i bet there is someone who knows...

6. May 1, 2018  
    maybe next time ask some guildmate? i bet there is someone who knows...
    Leave me alone, im busy...

Suprimko > Ignotus
    L2P scrub

First 12