1. Spell Haste and Raid Buffs

Anyone knows how to calculate the Haste needed to set ur Fireball cast time at 2.00 sec speed?

All i found was calculations from WoWWiki website, altho it does not count in the 5% haste from totem and 3% haste from Aura, and i dont know how to implement those numbers in the calculations with 100% certainty...

2. Found my answer in one of the old threads, thanks to Google...

"2.85/(1.1983x1.05x1.03x1.12)"

@DarkenedHue's comment in:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=361619

Would love to get a confirmation however... :D

3. Yea, saw it, thanks. :D

Will edit this comment with things i found out from google, you and DarkenedHue. :D

4. The numbers I have :

2 sec cast on FB with Pushing the Limits + Mookin Aura + WindFury Totem : 578 haste

2 sec cast on FB with Mookin Aura + WindFury Totem : 1041 haste

Cheers =)

Tiny.

5. The numbers I have :

2 sec cast on FB with Pushing the Limits + Mookin Aura + WindFury Totem : 578 haste

2 sec cast on FB with Mookin Aura + WindFury Totem : 1041 haste

Cheers =)

Tiny.
    I can confirm Tiny's numbers, altho i think your numbers are missing 1 haste rating... :b

The calculation should be pretty much like this if i'm not mistaken.

2 sec cast on FB with Pushing the Limits + Mookin Aura + WindFury Totem

2.00 = 2.85/(x*1.05*1.03*1.12)
    2.00 = 2.3528/x
    x = 2.3528/2.00
    x = 1.1764 = 17.64% = 578.4 = 579 Haste

2 sec cast on FB with Mookin Aura + WindFury Totem

2.00 = 2.85/(x*1.05*1.03)
    2.00 = 2.6352/x
    x = 2.6352/2.00
    x = 1.3176 = 31.76% = 1041.4 = 1042 Haste

(:

6. Hi,

Thanks for the precisions, and sorry for the 1 pts mistake I made, I got these numbers by dichotomy, not by direct solving as you did ! =)

See u

Tiny.

PS: @Maxiikiing : take a look at you PM =P you may be able to help me.

7. My mans, wrath of air is the spell haste not windfury totem

8. Ty for the translation =)

I think we are speaking of the same thing, but the mistake is on me =)

Tiny.

9. I guess this is the itemisation im going to use:
    https://imgur.com/a/AKVXp

First IMG is with Haste Belt and 52% (58% Fire) crit with all buffs.
    Second IMG is with Spirit Belt and 53% (59% Fire) crit with all buffs.
    Third IMG is with Spirit Belt and a lot of 12sp10crit gems, aka a greedy build.
    (raid buffed = Spirit Buff, Mark of the Wild, Kings, Intelect Buff, Molten Armor - no Auras, no FM, no debuffs, no talents)
    Total crit chance with buffs, debuffs, auras, FMs, u should be on 80% crit with 1st, 81% crit with 2nd and 81.7% crit with 3rd itemisation.

Only diference is in Spirit VS Haste Belt.

If ur MS is good enough and u can fit 3 Fireballs when having Spirit Belt ([Lingering Illness]), all the Haste Raid Buffs (Wrath of Air totem and Ret/Moonkin Aura), and 2/5 T10 set Bonus, u should go for that itemisation build (i cant fit 3 Fireballs with less than 1k haste most of the time, so i chose to go for Haste belt mainly).

Fireball cast time will be:
    2sec - 2.03sec / 1.78 - 1.82sec
    depending which itemisation u use (953 - 1043 haste).

Itemisation with 347 Hit - 13.27% requires u to ask for a Draenei in the grp for extra 1% hit.
    U can be greedy and still go with this amount of hit and most of the time u wont miss much, but its a gamble...
    Most of the time ul have to switch couple of 12sp10crit to 12sp10hit gems in order to cap hit (or get Crit other way arround).

Note that im a GNOME, which is a BIG + when it comes to base stats duo to 5% increase in Intelect ([Expansive Mind]).
    With other races u might have less passive Stats...

For Alliance Gnome is ur best Mage Choice from my PoV.
    When it comes to Horde, Troll is by far the best race u can go for...
    If i wer Troll i would 100% Cap hit with 13.99% (367rating) and i would go for Spirit Belt.

Main reasons for this is: No Posible Draenei and Mini Bloodlust racial.

With that kind of Racial and opener with Mini Bloodlust, u want to get as much crit as posible, thats why i would most likely prefer the Spirit Belt over Haste one regardless of MS problems.

As for Calculations, if u want to calculate the casting speed of any spell this is how u can do it:

Spells Base Cast Time / (1.spellhaste% * 1.05 (spell haste totem - 5%) * 1.03 (haste aura - 3%))
    If u want to calculate the cast time of ur spell with T10 2/5 set bonus, just add *1.12 at the end.

Example:
    With 1053 Haste the Fireball cast time without and with T10 2/5 proc would be:

2.85 / (1.3211 * 1.05 * 1.03) = 1.995sec
    2.85 / (1.3211 * 1.05 * 1.03 * 1.12) = 1.781sec

Final thing, Crit Depression also exists for Spells and it is 3%.

Since Bosses are lvl 83 targets, they reduce our chance to crit by 3% (1% for each level above ours)
    If the target was lvl 81, the crit reduction would be 1%.
    If the target was lvl 82, the crit reduction would be 2%.

To fit the 3 Fireballs in T10 bonus, u need to atleast start casting the 3rd Fireball before the buff runs out.
    For example, if ur GCD is 0.95sec and ur Fireball Cast time is 1.8sec (this is all with 12% haste from the bonus):
    0.95 (Pyro) + 1.8 (Fireball) + 1.8 (Fireball) = 4.55
    This would be perfect since u have 0.45sec left to start casting Fireball.
    This is not perfect cos it gets eaten by MS latency sometimes so u get rekt...

Hit cap for Spells is 17%.
    U get 3% from a debuff provided by eather Shadow Priest or Balance Druid.
    U want to get arround 14% Hit from gear (U can go a bit less, to 13.23-13.5% but dont go above 14%, even if u miss a spell or two).
    If u still miss with 14% Hit from gear, that means 3% hit Debuff was not applied on ur target. This is perfectly fine since Spriest or Boomie might be slacking so its not ur fault...

Did this post in a hurry, so there might be some kind of mistakes.
    Il see if i can edit it tomorow when i get home from work...

Good Luck and Have fun, hope these infos helped some of u. :D
    Edited: February 24, 2018 Reason: Updated the Imgur.

10. Do you guys know how blizzard handled the cast-time decimals? Do they round up/off if it's like 1.785?

Example:
    With 1053 Haste the Fireball cast time without and with T10 2/5 proc would be:

2.85 / (1.3211 * 1.05 * 1.03) = 1.995sec
    2.85 / (1.3211 * 1.05 * 1.03 * 1.12) = 1.781sec
    In that example with 1053 i'd think that the cast time will be rounded off to 1.78 sec.

And having 1043 haste would result in a 1,7851918 sec cast time which is more likely to be rounded up to 1.79 sec.

If that's the case then that extra 10 haste rating would actually make a 'difference' and allow you to cast faster and increase your time window for the 3rd FB during t10 2/5 proc by 0.02 sec to 0.44 sec.

Note: +1 additional haste would drop the cast time to 1.78478 sec which could also be rounded off.

(:
    Edited: February 24, 2018

11. I think that its only a visual thing, and that the real cast time is actualy 1.7851918 in the case u wrote down (might be wrong tho, would like someone else to confirm/dismiss this).

I also wanted to know (but forgot to ask), how well is spellpower working for Fire mage? aka, is it worth gemming something like 12sp10crit or 12sp10haste instead of 23sp in red sockets?
    If so, how much of those kind of gems u can afford without losing DPS instead of gaining it?

12. If it's a visual thing, the real cast time would be: 1,7850770 sec (w/o rounding the %haste).

13. Curiously enough, 12sp 10 crit in red sockets seems to be better than 23sp by less than 0.5 DPS. This hypothetical DPS gain will probably fizzle out quickly upon the slightest misuse of Hot Streak, or upon inclusion of any AoE, so you're probably better off sticking to the +23sp anyway.

14. Curiously enough, 12sp 10 crit in red sockets seems to be better than 23sp by less than 0.5 DPS. This hypothetical DPS gain will probably fizzle out quickly upon the slightest misuse of Hot Streak, or upon inclusion of any AoE, so you're probably better off sticking to the +23sp anyway.
    Hi DarkenedHue,

From what source did you got that ?

Tiny.

12 Last