1. No achievement, no invite

New to Icecrown, made character, bought smourne + bis trinkets just for casual pvp/pve with pugs. I do have pretty much all relevant achievements on my Lordaeron character, TOGC 25 insanity, kingslayer, lots of heroic bosses downed. Whenever i want to join a group, 90% of the time i will get rejected because i don't have achievement on my icecrown character, even tho i am 6.1k gearscore, and i can prove to people that i do actually have achievements which were earned on a server with much more difficult content.

Now the funny part is i'll get declined and some guy with 4-500 gearscore less than me, with green gems and barely any enchants will be taken, because he already has achievement. What's even more funny is that most of these groups that you have no chance of getting into unless you have achievement usually clear 7-8 bosses in ICC before disbanding, at least that has been my experience so far with the few pugs that i've managed to join because the leader actually bothered to check my Lord character on armory.

What is the matter with this dumb mentality on this server? You can be average geared with no gems/enchants and still get into a pug instantly just because you linked kingslayer, however even if you are overgeared people won't consider you simply because you don't have achievement. As far as I can see it there's no way im going to get those said achievements unless i join a raiding guild, because the pug world seems to be comprised of dumb kids 90% of the time.

2. Welcome to pugs. They'll ride your *** about gear and achievements but fail to realize you've linked someone else's achievement.

3. New to Icecrown, made character, bought smourne + bis trinkets just for casual pvp/pve with pugs. I do have pretty much all relevant achievements on my Lordaeron character, TOGC 25 insanity, kingslayer, lots of heroic bosses downed. Whenever i want to join a group, 90% of the time i will get rejected because i don't have achievement on my icecrown character, even tho i am 6.1k gearscore, and i can prove to people that i do actually have achievements which were earned on a server with much more difficult content.

Now the funny part is i'll get declined and some guy with 4-500 gearscore less than me, with green gems and barely any enchants will be taken, because he already has achievement. What's even more funny is that most of these groups that you have no chance of getting into unless you have achievement usually clear 7-8 bosses in ICC before disbanding, at least that has been my experience so far with the few pugs that i've managed to join because the leader actually bothered to check my Lord character on armory.

What is the matter with this dumb mentality on this server? You can be average geared with no gems/enchants and still get into a pug instantly just because you linked kingslayer, however even if you are overgeared people won't consider you simply because you don't have achievement. As far as I can see it there's no way im going to get those said achievements unless i join a raiding guild, because the pug world seems to be comprised of dumb kids 90% of the time.
    To be fair, you can simply buy all the gear you want. It is completely fine (not bashing, Mercy!!) but having high gearscore does not mean that you know anything about the raid's encounters because you can obtain all the gear by not attending to any raids at all. You can not buy achievements - you actually HAVE TO attend to raids and successfully get the kills you need.

I do not pug anything else than voa or old content for achievs, I raid with my guild. But if I made a PuG to ICC I'd much rather take 5.5k ret with kingslayer than 6.9k ret without any achievements.

4. Many players like you did the same thing, you wont get into any decent pug without ach, either join a guild or make a pug yourself.

5. You can not buy achievements - you actually HAVE TO attend to raids and successfully get the kills you need.
    You are wrong, check Character trade. Nowdays you can't rely on anything, which makes pugs even more cancer that they were.. if that is even possible.

6. Hmm I have not thought about it honestly. But I still stay with my opinion - there are way more people who buy their gear than people who buy characters (don't have any statistics, but am I really wrong on this one?). Ofcourse, achievements don't guarantee that the player who has them will perform. Not only because of char trade, but they could have been carried as well as simply having a bad day and randomly ****ing up even though they've done the boss a dozen times. But it is still more reliable proof of skill than insane gearscore.

7. Pugs in general suck. Both in private servers like this and in retail even to this very day.
    Edited: February 22, 2018

8. Pugs in general suck. Both in private servers like this and in retail even to this very day.
    Warmane pugs are one of a kind.The option to buy gold makes it even worse,as there's no gdkp,which is the best way to do pugging.
    @OP Hard to believe you couldn't ask the leader to let you explain certain fights .Using "muh gs" and an armory link to a character that could belong to anyone as an argument is pretty much useless.
    I'd rather take someone who can explain the mechanics and has low gs but decent gear nonetheless because high geared players are usually the first to leave.Or f*ck up.Or start accusing others of exploiting when you outperform them despite them having bis gear(happened 3 times).
    P.S. Raid achievments should be wiped upon successful transactions,but that's never gonna happen because of money.

9. Warmane pugs are one of a kind.The option to buy gold makes it even worse,as there's no gdkp,which is the best way to do pugging.
    @OP Hard to believe you couldn't ask the leader to let you explain certain fights .Using "muh gs" and an armory link to a character that could belong to anyone as an argument is pretty much useless.
    I'd rather take someone who can explain the mechanics and has low gs but decent gear nonetheless because high geared players are usually the first to leave.Or f*ck up.Or start accusing others of exploiting when you outperform them despite them having bis gear(happened 3 times).
    P.S. Raid achievments should be wiped upon successful transactions,but that's never gonna happen because of money.
    But you have the option to buy gold in retail as well using WoW Tokens.

10. But you have the option to buy gold in retail as well using WoW Tokens.
    It wasn't always like that.And you can't buy bis gear by selling your gold on retail.Currently the gold you'd sell for coins is a better deal than bidding on items in a gdkp run.

11. No achievement, no invite
    download fake achievment addon,fast and simple :P

12. It wasn't always like that.And you can't buy bis gear by selling your gold on retail.Currently the gold you'd sell for coins is a better deal than bidding on items in a gdkp run.
    You can buy Mythic runs on retail, getting achievements and all drops while doing nothing or even just staying dead through all the fights.

13. You can buy Mythic runs on retail, getting achievements and all drops while doing nothing or even just staying dead through all the fights.
    There was a huge banwave for this recently, I think.

14. There was a huge banwave for this recently, I think.
    Unless it happened this morning, not really.

15. Carry runs on retail are being openly advertised on chat, also most gold sites have them available - I saw carry runs for antorus 2nd week after te raid was opened.

12 Last