1. You can buy Mythic runs on retail, getting achievements and all drops while doing nothing or even just staying dead through all the fights.
    Buying a carry run doesn't mean you can get your wanted loot to drop with 100%.Since we're talking about WotLK,you can't drop dead or afk for many sought after achievments.

2. Buying a carry run doesn't mean you can get your wanted loot to drop with 100%.Since we're talking about WotLK,you can't drop dead or afk for many sought after achievments.
    The circumstances are beyond the point. You can buy loot - whether exactly what you wanted or not is irrelevant when people are talking item level and there's Titanforging - and achievements on retail, be it with gold or with real money, which you said you can't.

3. There was a huge banwave for this recently, I think.
    Selling carries for gold on retail is legit. Blizzard only doesn't like it when they are sold for $$$.

Buying a carry run doesn't mean you can get your wanted loot to drop with 100%.Since we're talking about WotLK,you can't drop dead or afk for many sought after achievments.
    Of course you can. Halion, for example, you only really need 5 or so competent people if everyone else can manage following/stacking on the marked player and running out with debuffs. It's possible to kill LoD with someone jumping off the platform on the pull of the boss. Every boss prior to that point is even easier.

Hell, GDKP runs were really popular. GDKP being a DKP loot system, but the points were determined by how much gold you had. And such runs were usually public.

4. Oh, well there actually was a banwave for carries being sold for real money. Though I don't know if it were carries for real money or people logging into players' accounts and clearing mythics for them.

5. Selling carries for gold on retail is legit. Blizzard only doesn't like it when they are sold for $$$.

Of course you can. Halion, for example, you only really need 5 or so competent people if everyone else can manage following/stacking on the marked player and running out with debuffs. It's possible to kill LoD with someone jumping off the platform on the pull of the boss. Every boss prior to that point is even easier.

Hell, GDKP runs were really popular. GDKP being a DKP loot system, but the points were determined by how much gold you had. And such runs were usually public.
    Herald of the Titans,A Tribute to Immortality,Undying,Immortal,Dedicated Insanity are all require the player in question to contribute to the raid.Only Dedicated Insanity allows you to die at the start of each encounter,but since that requires everyone to use ilvl 245 equipment with 258 cloaks from 25m tops,it's safe to say that puts enormous strain on the rest of the raid.These are all harder imo than a leisure cruise like LoD with the 30% buff.
    @Obnoxious My point still stands.You can't buy exact lootdrops,you can only pay for a chance at them.Here,you're better off selling the gold for exactly what you want,with no rng included.Buying random bs that you can't even equip and buying exactly your bis items differ.You do obtain the achievments for the carried raid though,that is correct.

6. @Obnoxious My point still stands.You can't buy exact lootdrops,you can only pay for a chance at them.Here,you're better off selling the gold for exactly what you want,with no rng included.Buying random bs that you can't even equip and buying exactly your bis items differ.You do obtain the achievments for the carried raid though,that is correct.
    Using personal preference as argument just means you have nothing valid to sustain your point on. The hard facts remains that you can buy gear on retail with gold and real cash right now and that the current concept of "BiS" on retail is either very vague or based on dreaming about perfect Titanforged procs. Whether you prefer choosing an exact static item on an expansion that has just that or getting random drops with a chance of Titanforging all the way up to 985 instead of a flat low-900's on an expansion with that mechanic doesn't changes those facts. The only way for your distinction to have any relevance would be if retail didn't have those procs or if our shop had items with the same luck-based procs, otherwise both shop and retail sellers give out the available "BiS" just the same.

7. 1. Get an addon to link fake achievement.
    2. Get invited.
    3. ???
    4. Get the achievement.

Problem solved.

8. 1. Get an addon to link fake achievement.
    2. Get invited.
    3. ???
    4. Get the achievement.

Problem solved.
    Dude. It's "profit". Not "problem solved". You ruined the joke...

9. Herald of the Titans,A Tribute to Immortality,Undying,Immortal,Dedicated Insanity are all require the player in question to contribute to the raid.Only Dedicated Insanity allows you to die at the start of each encounter,but since that requires everyone to use ilvl 245 equipment with 258 cloaks from 25m tops,it's safe to say that puts enormous strain on the rest of the raid.These are all harder imo than a leisure cruise like LoD with the 30% buff.
    No they don't. All but Herald of the Titans, the person in question can be carried. Most of which the person can just hide off in a corner just in range of the healers and be fine.
    NONE of the mentioned achievements do hardly any of the PUGs give a damn about.

PUG raid leader: LFM ICC 25N!
    Me: *Links Herald of the Titans*
    PUG raid leader: Hmm, idk why this guy would be linking me something that looks like an Ulduar achievement for ICC...
    PUG raid leader: gs?
    Me: Isn't the achievement enough of a testament to my skill?
    PUG raid leader: no. gs?

@Obnoxious My point still stands.You can't buy exact lootdrops,you can only pay for a chance at them.Here,you're better off selling the gold for exactly what you want,with no rng included.Buying random bs that you can't even equip and buying exactly your bis items differ.You do obtain the achievments for the carried raid though,that is correct.
    ???
    I've seen guilds rerun people who paid for a carry for tier tokens when none drop. In addition to what Obnoxious said, there is also little truth to what you've said here. Nevermind that aside from trinkets and tier (for some specs), "BIS" no longer exists on retail, so trying to buy specific items aside from those aforementioned things is absurd.

10. Man, you should consider yourself lucky you don't have to deal with the gearing up part.

I had to reach 5.6k gs before I even saw a decent 10 man ICC pug and all that got me was Plague Quarter achievement.

Progressing guilds are just as terrible as the pugs.
    All use DKP systems, but only run 2 raids a week (you'll never gear up with this).
    Instead of helping gear up upcoming players, they would rather take their overqualified characters to get more badges for whatever reason.

First 12