1. How do you afford to raid ? (Alliance)

Looking at current herb prices, a perfect raid where you die 0 times yet still maximise performance. (For my class, double elixirs, haste potions, mana oils/weightstones + food) for a 4 hour raid, would cost me over 400g.

Netherbloom is 8g EACH
    Terocone is bordering on 10g EACH.

That's 28g per haste potion nearly. Same price per Elixir (8 per raid 4 hour perfect raid).. Need Netherbloom for mana oils also. (4 per raid).

So, how are you affording to raid?

2. Go alc flask spec. Print free money.

3. Thats price so high i am only using haste potions with bl :( and start lvling alt for alchemy. I have a cooking making my own food

4. So the solution is to create a herbing char and battle against the 5 billion bots for every node?

Kek... that's not a good solution.

5. You could dial it back a bit and just not use haste pots and double elixers.

Roll alchemist, flask up, get your stone, and chug major mana pots/mad alch pots as needed.

6. You could dial it back a bit and just not use haste pots and double elixers.

Roll alchemist, flask up, get your stone, and chug major mana pots/mad alch pots as needed.
    You still need HERBS to make them. And since bots are now herbing every node, and selling to vendor instead of auction housing to avoid being caught, there are no herbs to use.

This is the issue. Prices are insane, having an alchemist doesn't change the herb prices.

7. lol no ones vendoring herbs m8

8. I can't speak for alliance side, but Ragveil is like 30s a pop, making Mad Alch one of the cheapest consumables to exist. Major Mana pots (what I frequently use on my non-alchs) come at something like 4-5g per stack. Pretty cheap stuff.

It's only Nightmare Vine and Terocone that have 'insane' prices on Horde side (I haven't looked in a while, probably something in the 40-60g per stack range., and I'm presuming that Alliance are merely an exaggeration of that effect. They are highly in-demand herbs.

Cut yourself back a tier and save a whole lot of money. Top rank weapon imbues are fine, as they persist. But perhaps lay off the haste potions and cut back to Major Mana or any of the number of faction mana potions (50 apexis shards, 2 spirit shards, 1 honor point, 2 BG marks...all get you a mana potion). Double-elixir is also a quick way to drain your bank if you're trying to use that for progression (i.e. burning through a double stack per night). Cut it back to a Relentless Assault/Supreme power for a quarter the gold, and call it a day.

Elsewise, if you want to raid at the bleeding edge, you're likely just going to have to pay premium. I don't see the bot farm situation resolving anytime soon.

9. So the solution is to create a herbing char and battle against the 5 billion bots for every node?
    I don't think you've bothered going out there to even check the current bot situation. It's hardly as bad as you want to make it out to be. Why do you think the prices have gone up so much recently? It's a direct result of a lack of supply because a ton of bots are getting banned every week. Meanwhile the demand for herbs/enchanting mats/primals has stayed more or less the same.

On topic: if you're strapped for cash I'd say the most consistent way to make money is to level an alt to 70, do as little Outland quests as possible while leveling and do them all at max level. Depending on how many people are farming skettis trees/primals this method might be the highest gold/hr you're gonna get.
    Edited: February 24, 2018

10. THe price of the herbs is so high cuz u get one stack of nightmare vein/netherbloom/terocone per hour. Idk if its cuz of bots or a lot of ppl r farming, or the spawn time of the herbs is ****ed up.So i think the price is pretty normal.

11. THe price of the herbs is so high cuz u get one stack of nightmare vein/netherbloom/terocone per hour. Idk if its cuz of bots or a lot of ppl r farming, or the spawn time of the herbs is ****ed up.So i think the price is pretty normal.
    It's bots, and whoever said "Nobody is vendoring herbs"... the bots are. They're vendoring them, leather, ore, only herbs don't have as fast of a respawn timer. The problem with Netherbloom is that it spawns in only 1 zone, so it's highly bot farmable (and is)..

Netherbloom reached 280g per stack last night on Alliance side.
    280g...
    the prices mentioned aren't for progression, they're for a PERFECT RAID where i never die, not even once.. Something really needs to be done to change this, as it's an underlying issue and one of the main reasons why nobody wants to play alliance. Raiding on alliance is like kicking yourself in the nuts repeatedly. With prices like this, it's like having a second job rather than something enjoyable to do to pass time.

12. I dunno about you guys, but I got my start with questing and farming mobs with the Tailoring and Enchanting professions. Farming mobs for cloth and leather drops isn't a bad start. But it's a humble one, definitely not a mad source of income. But, nonetheless, it is income.

13. My best tips for making gold:
    1. Never farm anything, the gold needed to start trading comes from levling to 70.
    2. Buy low, sell high (take note of prices over a few weeks to get the "feel" for them).
    3. Spike prices when the supply on the market is low.
    4. Convert items and sell for a profit with the help of friends. Offer them free services of your profession(s) in trade.
    5. Never deal and/or try to make a profit with items that are commonly used, eg: Terocones, Nightmare Vines.
    6. Do not stare blindly at max level items, low level items can go way higher.
    7. Think long-term, not short term. Hence you stack up on items you believe people will need in the future.

My best tips for saving gold:
    1. Cut your spending (duh, how?) by stop using items like Haste Potions that barely has an effect on your overall DPS.
    2. Raid with professions that can ease the burden, an example would be alchemy for Alchemist's Potions.
    3. Keep a buffer of gold/items set aside (be it on alt or main) at all times so in case you reach 0 gold, you can always sell off assets.
    4. Once again, use your friends/guildies and ask them for converting to save costs (NEVER give or demand fees!).
    5. Do not borrow gold unless it regards small amounts.
    6. Spend your gold wisely. Do not throw it away on pointless things like Deviate fishes.
    7. Learn how to undercut. Too many players waste tons of gold pricing down their auctions in gold instead of silver/copper.

I hope you will find this useful.

14. "dont use haste potions they barely affect your dps" lol are you even raiding? clearly warmane is doing a little too well with their bans. i haven't seen decently priced agi scrolls since just after the squish.

15. "dont use haste potions they barely affect your dps" lol are you even raiding? clearly warmane is doing a little too well with their bans. i haven't seen decently priced agi scrolls since just after the squish.
    No I am not kidding. Haste Potions, Scrolls and misc items does increase your DPS slightly, but not so much that it dramatically makes a fight impossible if you skip them. If you do not progress and need to save gold then stop using them.

123 Last