1. [Suggestion] Against Ninja Looters.

I was randomly playing on another server (I AM NOT ADVERTISING) and popped up this on chat:

https://i.imgur.com/yf1R98O.jpg

I think it could be a nice feature on this server too? Since the ninja loot situation is kinda hard to handle, in this way the players are informed, the ninja looter has kinda a mark on his head and overall less tickets I think.

Discuss.

2. Yes, why not ?

Ah I know, maybe because Warmane isn't managed by an angry kiddo which opened his own 30 players server because his precious deathbringer will's has been ninjaed by an Iceclown raid leader. Maybe.
    To begin with, I prefered the realms before they started to ban ninja looting.

3. The point is not how big is the server or stuff like that, but the ninja loot ban (at least imho) doesn't seem so effective. People still do it because there isn't permaban for it, and most of all, after the ban the item is still on the ninja's bags.
    So this feature will demotivate ninjas from doing it again and warm people from joining raids formed by a ninja. It's just like adding a name to a ninja-table, something like this.
    And as already said, it will reduce the tickets so less work for gms for this "trash" stuff.

4. This sort of system is too easy to abuse by griefers, or even just as unjustified retaliation by otherwise normal players.

The Warmane definition of ninja is explicit enough that the vast majority of complaints I've heard do not warrant action; the looter may or may not be a bit of a jerk, but are typically 'legally' within their rights. (it requires a very explicit establishment of loot rules and agreement being documented in order to pin the official "ninja" label on a Warmane player).

Any sort of "Shame-the-Perpetrator" system (such as a forum sticky listing perceived ninja actions, or this submit-a-name for in-game warning) is likely to be highly ineffective, given the average player's attention span and level of care & concern. It would more likely just turn into some sort of chaotic which hunt with every group you ever join having a Ninja alert ping. I would hazard a bet that within a year, you'd have your own Ninja label even!

The current system works fine. Document the evidence, then submit infractions as GM tickets, let them issue suspensions.

Otherwise, just form your own groups and be careful of whom you trust.

5. Recently, I won a roll on Onyxia mount, which raid leader ninja'd it, It was reported with evidence and he received the 60-day ban. He contacted me outside the game and stated that after 2 month he'll be back and still have the mount, so I can suck one. a 2 month ban was worth the mount.

This reason leads me to believe multiple players are willing to receive a 60-Day ban just to get certain items. (Most likely due to rarity etc).

I understand I won't ever get the amount I won, but to have him keep it and gloat about it, I find rather vexing.

Could we not rather give them the normal ban + remove the ninja'd item? I believe it would deter this kind of behavior.