1. New player inquiry

Hi.

So, as to not take up too much of your time, I'd like to get straight to the point. I'm interested in rolling onto this private server (more than likely TBC, I suppose), but had a few questions before doing so that I'd like to take a shot on the community first before delving into said server(s).

1. Mentality

I've experienced this a lot on the vanilla servers and mostly due to this have decided to leave them. There's this ongoing notion that in 2006 time stopped and that they're all playing the only World of Warcraft, applicable or not, to them as players. I do not want to revisit this group-think. How would you describe Warmane-TBC's community?

2. Pvp

(edit) What season is it!? In the years of Tbc-Cata I hovered around 2400, give or take a season. I'm not really sure if I intend to do arena. I might play around with it, but nothing so serious. How seriously does Warmane in fact take arena on their private servers? While Arena was and is fun, I think it delved into the notion of it underlining and defining all would-be skill archetypes in the game, and, was both ironically unrepresented and over-represented at the same time. While I do not want to see mini rogues running around pretending to be Neilyo, I, at the same time, don't want to hear how overpowered/gamebreaking racials are and why they stopped x player from getting above 1600. Looking for that happy medium.

3. PvE

I just stumbled onto the servers, well, now. I'm possibly a bit behind. Is my little (oof) Dr sham qt going to be too far behind to get into a Guild of non-rock-people, or... Idealy I would like to raid, and i'm a competent player, but did i miss the boat? And be honest with me, please, it doesn't look as though you're hurting for players ;)

-

Thanks for the help. While I enjoy private servers from time to time, some have left me with a bad taste. Trying to get a feel for Warmane as a server, and how in touch/out of touch the communities are therein.
    Edited: February 23, 2018

2. 1) Do not understand question regarding "time stopping and playing the only world of warcraft, applicable or not, to them as players." The Outland community is large and diverse. There are players involved in all conceivable aspects of the game large or small, pvp or pve. Some players are casual nostalgia-hunters, some players are emotionally serious competitive gamers. There is ganking and griefing, there are dance parties and fun-runs.

Warmane populace on Outland and Icecrown are huge, and cannot be summed up as a single "mentality".

2) Outland PvP is currently at Season 3 (2.3.0). It is taken mildly seriously, with both highly competitive pvp seekers as well as casual 'just-want-10-losses-points' teams.

3) Outland PVE is currently at Black Temple (2.1.0). There are several progression guilds that seek server-first kills. There are many more guilds that are merely progressive at their own pace, ranging everywhere from struggling into Kara & Heroics, SSC/TK, and up to MH/BT. Hundreds of players, dozens of guilds. It is not too late to start.

You'd have to further explain whatever bad taste you've had to determine whether you'd be put off by Warmane's offerings.