1. Prot Warrior PVE

Is it me or are prot warriors not viable in Raids? Warrior is the worst tank. I'm a 6k prot Warrior with a lot of experience of the Raids and nobody does want to take me just because i am a Warrior. It is frustrating. Maybe a buff on the Warriors (if that is even possible of Warmane) would do prot warriors viable again. I read a lot of guides about prot warriors and it did not get better btw. Or maybe just some good tips if i am doing something horribly wrong.

2. A custom buff is out of the question.

It sucks to invest so much effort in a toon, only to see that end-game guilds and pugs discriminate against you because of your class, but that's a situation you could've avoided with some research on the matter. While it's highly likely that you could be playing your Prot Warrior a lot better, there is a pretty solid basis behind why Prot Warrs are so shunned, and that other 9 page thread you bumped provides more detailed insight as to why.

3. Warriors are the worst tanks and are unviable on Lorderon, but they are still viable on Icecrown thanks to the 30% buff. The problem is they have a terrible reputation on here as they were once god awful before they were fixed. Add on the fact every tank can do your job better with the exception of some niche uses. It's not all bad as prot warrior is great in PvP. I would just reroll asap. Any of the 3 other tank classes will get the job done, though I recommend a Paladin personally as they have a "get out of jail free card" for dying every 2 minutes as well as the best raid utility of all the tanks.

4. So far I had no problems tanking ICC with prot warrior ... but it is true that PUGs wont take you in :(

5. Oh ... and I play on Lorderon! :) Lorderon is th only realm worth playing on anyway ;)

6. the real issue is that warrior has nothing compared to other classes to offer. A DK or Paladin can do our job easily with half effort. For example in aoe pull paladin run in>consecrate>afk till nexxt pull which makes thing s alot easier!
    my advice: go fury, in wrath they were awesome! :D

7. You are right ... palas are good for tanking adds wich makes them perfect offtanks :) And no spec is as much fun as prot so ... prot warr FTW ;)

8. May 1, 2018  
    You are wrong actually, aggro is not gonna be your issue in an end game guild, paladins are worst off tanks than warriors for sure ( even more on TLK hc and halion). The thing is that here warriors don't use their class properly most of the time and prot warriors got huge nerfs after Ulduar, but if you play prot warrior well you can still be a good tank ( I've seen warriors solo tanking lich king on heroic so...)

9. May 6, 2018  
    Intervene.
    VS
    Sac, DSac, Imp LoH, AM, HoP, Salvation, Freedom, Cleanse.

10. May 6, 2018  
    Intervene.
    VS
    Sac, DSac, Imp LoH, AM, HoP, Salvation, Freedom, Cleanse.
    I dont see your point xSs

11. May 18, 2018  
    I dont see your point xSs
    You didn't get the point of raid utility. It's about what you can do for the raid aside from just aoe tanking adds, and tank and spank bosses.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Intervene and Vigilance are the only unique abilities a warrior can offer to a raid group, aside from commanding shout which warlocks can do it passively via IMP buff.

Paladins have a lot of utility in their arsenal which can perfectly fit on any raid encounter be it from AoE damage reduction, threat reduction, instant life saver (lay on hands), not to mention the blessings which includes damage reduction to all raid members, Divine Intervention, and many many more.

Dk's have the double buff (best solo tank for caster bosses such as sindy), a couple of taunts with short CD's, though not really good at AoE tanking but they have the best mitigation CD's in game. I've seen a DK at 5.1kish GS tanked muradin on 25man HC with no problems with 5.5 -6k healers on their back and given that the magespawn died within 10 seconds or less , AMS, IBF, Insane heals as bloodtank which makes an MT healer a walk in a park.

Bear tanks have higher EHP, despite the dodge debuff in ICC and the famous 180 degree 5 yards Swipe fest, Glyphed Maul which hits 2 targets at once, Savage defense works like shield block but absorbs Huge amounts of damage, Combat Ress, Cyclone, Innervate, Can instantly kite bosses around with ease with Feral Cat dash, shapeshift back and forth and yadda yadda.

I'm not saying warriors are terrible, but in order to be a viable tank for ICC, you need to have atleast an above average tanking skill, press more buttons, be mindful of your CD's which are very limited, and to make it short; you need to be very skilled to be competitive with other tanking classes in the case of the aforementioned tanking classes above which can be played at a very relaxing pace, especially by a Prot Pala.

Feel free to correct my statements if there's anything wrong with my point.

That's how I see it, and the way I think the general public does.
    Edited: May 18, 2018 Reason: typo

12. May 18, 2018  
    You didn't get the...
    KomodoV01 was being sarcastic.

13. May 18, 2018  
    and to make it short; you need to be very skilled to be competitive with other tanking classes in the case of the aforementioned tanking classes above which can be played at a very relaxing pace, especially by a Prot Pala.
    Yeah, this is a fair assessment, but it's also more than that.

Not only do you have to invest more effort to reap smaller returns, but at the end-game you also simply can't be competitive with the other tanks regardless of your skill. In heroic ICC there's almost no situation in which you wouldn't be better served by having another tank (on the fights that matter).

It's the least-suited tank by a margin for 3.3.5's end-game and that's something players need to make peace with.

14. May 18, 2018  
    Not only do you have to invest more effort to reap smaller returns, but at the end-game you also simply can't be competitive with the other tanks regardless of your skill. In heroic ICC there's almost no situation in which you wouldn't be better served by having another tank (on the fights that matter).
    There are only two fights that realy matter lk25hc and rs25hc. You might want to count sindy as well, but only if your group is not able to follow tactic. Dont act like there are so many fights in ICC where a geared tank is realy needed. ICC 10/12 HC is doable with a 5,4k gs tank. With a 6k+ gs tank, of any class, survivability is the least thing you have to worry about. With a geared raid, thread is the only thing that matters in most fights.

15. May 18, 2018  
    When comparing tanks it tends to be tacitly assumed that your bases for comparison are mostly the fights where tank choices are actually of consequence. If the choice of tank doesn't matter, the discussion is pointless.

With a 6k+ gs tank, of any class, survivability is the least thing you have to worry about. With a geared raid, thread is the only thing that matters in most fights.
    I kind of get from this that you're spoiled silly by the comfort of not only having the 30% aura buff, but also the luxury of over-gearing your raid content, such that you so effortlessly breeze through mechanics that the only worry is the occasional DPS getting too carried away with tunnel-visioning his DPS. With a competent raid, threat is the last thing that should ever matter (with the exceptions of Lady, Raging Spirit spawns, etc). It's one of the most elementary things you should have mastery over before you even think about contending with raid mechanics.
    Edited: May 18, 2018

12 Last