1. Bannable Offence ?

I just got out of a pit of saron run and http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50273 dropped
    Me (disc priest) and him the (shadowpriest) rolled need.
    i won it and he flips out telling me im going to get banned for taking the staff and he has screenshots and is making a gm ticket.
    this staff replaced a low gs PVP staff. and has haste spellpower all the stats i need for disc !!

Have i don't something wrong, personally happy for a GM to take it from me and pass to the SP if I've done something wrong !
    but i feel i haven't . and had he been nice and just asked for it i would of just traded it to him, but he was a complete A******.
    was i in the wrong ?

thanks
    Edited: March 2, 2018

2. it was just some kid mouthing off, you will find a lot of that but just play and be a normal person you should be fine

3. oh for sure. All he had to say "i really really need that can i have it please"...... i would of given it to him !

But what i don't want is 5 day for this, as i have never been banned and have a good standing account.
    I would rather just let the GM take it from me.

4. Just got a GM response.

cleared me of being a ninja and was very helpful

thank you warmane :)

5. You might need haste and spellpower.
    But as a disc you dont need hit rating.

I would consider this ninja, but i guess your lucky (:

6. disc priest can DPS as well as heal

7. disc priest can DPS as well as heal
    So can a holy priest. That doesn't mean you should be taking hit rating items. An upgrade is an upgrade, sure. But you should consider letting DPS players have the hit rating items in the future.

8. So can a holy priest. That doesn't mean you should be taking hit rating items. An upgrade is an upgrade, sure. But you should consider letting DPS players have the hit rating items in the future.
    It was an upgrade for me.

There are plenty of DPS items in the game with : arm pen / Crit / haste ect ect. but if 2 DPS roll against each other, and one stat has no use for one of
    them it doesn't make the winner of the useless stat a ninja. especially if it was an upgrade.

I did consider letting the DPS player take it.
    But unfortunately i have the screenshots of him going into full rage mode before anyone could say.......
    "hey you want this" or ..... "can i please get that item" i was in no charitable mood once he turned into a keyboard smasher.

and again. i said in my GM ticket. if you feel i'm in the wrong, please take it from

9. It wasn’t an upgrade to your main spec that you were using in the dungeon.
    Like the guy above Said - you’re lucky and be happy.

Also,, the other guy doesn’t need to say PLEASE in order to get what belongs to him. People are different, someone flips out, some don’t care but both types have rights to an item.

10. but if 2 DPS roll against each other, and one stat has no use for one of them it doesn't make the winner of the useless stat a ninja
    Technically it might not be "a ninja," as it still was something you could use and that was an upgrade.
    That just doesn't makes it any less rude and selfish to take it, is all.

11. It was an upgrade for me.

There are plenty of DPS items in the game with : arm pen / Crit / haste ect ect. but if 2 DPS roll against each other, and one stat has no use for one of
    them it doesn't make the winner of the useless stat a ninja. especially if it was an upgrade.
    Your comparison here isn't a very good one. You're a healer. The roll isn't a DPS vs DPS. A more appropriate comparison would be a Prot Paladin or Warrior taking an agility one-hander away from a Rogue. Could it be an upgrade for the tanks in question? Sure. But it will always better serve the Rogue.

I did consider letting the DPS player take it.
    But unfortunately i have the screenshots of him going into full rage mode before anyone could say.......
    "hey you want this" or ..... "can i please get that item" i was in no charitable mood once he turned into a keyboard smasher.
    Considering that you were need rolling on a DPS weapon when a DPS in the party needed the item, it's highly unlikely you were in a charitable mood in the first place. You selfishly took something that the DPS player should have had priority on. You're silly if you think the DPS player isn't well within his right to be upset about it. You're essentially taking advantage of the DPS player's bad luck in roll RNG. Could that DPS player have asked you politely for the item? Sure thing. But should he have to? No, he shouldn't have to ask you for the item at all. It should already be his.

The moment that you get another staff to drop that has crit or spirit on it in the place of that hit rating, you're going to replace it. Meanwhile, getting hit rating on a caster DPS is paramount level of importance.

It should have been -you- asking if you could have it. Not the other way around.

Don't try to pretend that you were ever on the moral high ground, because you weren't. The moment you rolled need on the item when a DPS was present that could use it, or needed it, you gave up that moral high ground willingly. So don't act as though you're some sort of charitable person prior to being yelled at for taking something you shouldn't have, because you aren't.

and again. i said in my GM ticket. if you feel i'm in the wrong, please take it from
    That's not really how our policy works. We could take the item from you, sure. But we don't give out items. No exceptions to the rule. So no matter what actions are taken, you still took something that the other player will need to work to obtain all over again.
    If you feel like you want to make things right with that person, then go whisper him and offer to help him farm up another weapon.

12. Agree 100% with the post above.

Your comparison is not comparing apples to apples, given the scenario you gave as an example versus what actually happened.

The hit rating on it alone is enough to deem this as a dps weapon, and you should not have even rolled.

13. idk whats the fuss about tho. If you can roll on an item, you roll if u need it. #RdfLyfe

14. idk whats the fuss about tho. If you can roll on an item, you roll if u need it. #RdfLyfe
    Exactly i Didn't "selfishly take a weapon". i needed it as much as he did, if not more! he already had an epic staff.
    he was taking it purely for hit.

and mercy your comparison was not a very good one !
    were not talking about agility, strength, int, stats here, We both use stamina and intellect haste
    A good comparison would be to say : a DPS warrior taking a stam, strg, dodge, crit item from a DK Tank
    if it wasn't a raid situation and it was low end epic and the DK had a similar epic, and DPS war had worse i would not see that as being a ninja.

i wont be visiting this thread again as clearly your views are different to mine.

15. i wont be visiting this thread again as clearly your views are different to mine.
    :D The smartest sentence anyone has ever said in the history of humanity. "HIS POV IS DIFFERENT SO I WILL JUST IGNORE HIM. CUZ IM ALWAYS RIGHT!!" That shows what this person is like IRL so clearly lol.

123 Last