1. Does this thread count for the drinking game, cause I'm about to get knocked the **** out.

2. No amount of text-walling can work as substitute for principles.
    The difference between my "text-walling" and your sentence is, that I gave examples and tried to explain the situation, why your created "principles" are wrong. They aren't blizz-like and no menaningless sentence to denounce my texte make it true. I played 10 years on retail and never saw a ban for ppl who pushed the "need"-button even when they took items with other stats.

Blizzard was rly clever and didn't punish people for this. They created this need-before-greed loot system to reduce ninjas, and tried to improve it. In other expansions there was an update to not rolling on other items with different stats or kind (a shaman couldn't roll on cloth shoulder). Later on, they introduced an idea to make items soulbound, when people wanna sell them in ah after using the need-button. And finally they gave individually loot in MoP/WoD. The best thing was that you could kick a ninja in 90% of the cases, when you started the kick-vote. A ninja showed his bad habit to loot items with other stats in the whole instance, that's why you could kick him at start after he ninjaed 2 items.

You should read the meaning of ninjaing:

Dungeons:

-Rolling need on items that he already has equipped it
    -Rolling need on items with other stats to sell/disenchant it.

Raid:

-Kick potential roller before boss goes down
    -Don't roll on items in free-for-all mode
    -Switch loot-rights to masterloot in boss-fights to steal items after

No meaningless sentence can work as substitute for principles.

(Now you can punish me for being objective and critical)

3. "Not Blizz-like principles"... I don't even.

4. *grabs popcorn* this is why i still come on the forums, far more entertaining than most shows on tv.

5. Not subjective at all. Hit rating is not a healer stat. Therefore, healers are last priority on hit rating items. Period. No If's, And's or But's.
    If this happened on retail back in the WotLK era, you could report the player and a GM would remove the item from the player's inventory. I personally saw it happen more than once.
    Dear Mercy

It's correct that the hit-rating isn't a healer stat, but the TE didn't primarily take the staff to improve it. He pushed mainly the gs (gearsscore is and was the importest value that people watch on), his int-value and finally the haste-rating. If blizzard really wanted to prevent this need-option, they would have changed the system at start. A healer couldn't roll on a hit-item, a shadow coulnd't roll on a spirit-item...but they haven't...I saw some dds who rolled on items with spirit, but I understood and respected it after I saw their green item: They improved their gs by 300 and had much more int and crit.

I think, that you speak about raiding and not about rdf or need-before-greed-loot. There were lot of ninjas in naxx, icc and ulduar and there were clear rules to recognize one of them. The need-before-greed-function was introduced to make it easier in 5er grps or rdf (with foreign ppl), to reduce ninjas and to make a fair distribute to other players, but it wasn't perfect while wotlk. People could ask for an item but they must also accecpt a "no" when a player fairly won it (I mean 2 players rolled on an item that both of them could need).

The short form of a ninja is that he rolls on items to sell or disenchant it, to improve himself or to pin an item on a friend without rolling on item. That's why the TE is no ninja for me.

Btw I also need your help Mercy: How good/bad is my English? It's not my first language and I hope that I don't embarrass myself. Maybe it's really bad, that's why I ask;)

Kind regards

6. Dear Mercy

It's correct that the hit-rating isn't a healer stat, but the TE didn't primarily take the staff to improve it. He pushed mainly the gs (gearsscore is and was the importest value that people watch on), his int-value and finally the haste-rating.
    And this is one of the few reasons the gearscore add-on is almost universally hated by the more experienced players.

7. And this is one of the few reasons the gearscore add-on is almost universally hated by the more experienced players.
    Exactly, but it's hated because it doesn't show your true skill. I could buy shadowmourne and some more items for 300 coins without having a clue how ICC works. But this "achievement or no invite" is also a ******ed invention. I invited people and gave everyone a chance to show his skill without the achievements---and it worked. There were maybe 10 % who hardly failed or stood in aoe to leech items after the others won the fight, but these people got kicks after they did it twice.

I don't play on icecrown, but people don't change their mind and that's why I think, that gs and achievements are still a must-have to get an invitation, similar to retail. Gearscore is and was always important to do dmg, dependant on the player's skill, but no one invited a foreign green geared, but expierenced person for ICC, when he wasn't a friend/guildy. Im not fan of all this practice and that's why I stopped pve...people watched on gs and achievements, new ppl don't have a real chance without guild or buying/fudging achiev.

Such is life and that's why I haven't supported this system. I also joined in such grps only which haven't got any requirements while cata and wod (I stopped being raid leader after wotlk), and I must say, that it was the right step

Kind regards

(Btw I am stoping here for today)

8. You guys have no idea how WoW works. The hit rating is a necessarity for a healer who has any kind of offensive spells. Imagine going in an arena/bg constantly missing your fear/cyclone/stun/dmg spells etc. Every class needs a hit cap. Server is not only PvE so that hit rating goes to mindless dps classes which farm dungeons and raids.

9. You guys have no idea how WoW works. The hit rating is a necessarity for a healer who has any kind of offensive spells. Imagine going in an arena/bg constantly missing your fear/cyclone/stun/dmg spells etc. Every class needs a hit cap. Server is not only PvE so that hit rating goes to mindless dps classes which farm dungeons and raids.
    Don't throw PvP and PvE in the same place. You go to PvE for items - PvE rules apply to you. Warriors use shields in PvP and it is kinda important for them even if they play Arms spec (I've never played warrior, correct me if I am wrong, I've just noticed how all of them love to swap to shields before dying...) but you do not get luxury of rolling for shields in dungeons as a main spec when you are dpsing.

First 123