1. Changes to Neltharion

Hello Warmane Staff,

As you probably know (I hope you do), Neltharion's state is beyond critical : population is going down way faster than we think and, on top of that, we don't have any update at all, but that won't be the subject here.

What I'm trying to say is that Neltharion needs some changes, it needs to adapt to attract new players. Extremely small actions can have a huge impact ; you don't have to put a lot of developpers on this. I am not asking for new updates or bugs fixing, but mostly for some new content that you guys can add easily with no efforts to make the game more enjoyable to new players.

There are many options for sure, but I'm going to give you some examples of what could be very good and healthy for the realm.

1 - You could add vendors that would sell, let's say for the example, 333ilvl gear for a small amount of gold (let's say 500, just as an example) that would allow fresh new players to get gear easily because right now Auction House is empty on both sides, economy is close to death since the last gold squish and it's nearly impossible to gear up without other players' help. Vendors would help new players to actually enjoy to game ; right now, most of them just leave the game when they reach 85 because there's nothing more they can do. The prices could be adjusted so people wouldn't abuse it by disenchanting and getting mats too easily.

2 - Increase the rates at specific moments. Like the weekends, for example. It would help new players to actually give a try to the realm. Let's be honest, it's never nice to level form 1 to 85 all alone. No friends, no ennemies. This is the boring part of the game and, combined to bugged quests, it makes people leave before even reaching 85. The other rates, like the reputation/gold/profession ones, would also benefit high level players that will log during those specific times ; this way, players won't entirely leave the realm and population would increase for sure, even just for a few hours.

3 - Give new accounts some bonus. It could literally be ANYTHING (gold/gear/higher rates/points/free boost/etc.) as long as it would benefit new players. Of course it would be a bit harder to counter the abuse of this system, but I'm pretty much sure you guys can come up with an awesome idea. It's not hard.

4 - Just show that you care. Literally anything would help. Neltharion is an amazingly well scripted realm in terms of PvP (the best Cataclysm one without a doubt), you could use this to your advantage. A small promotion, just talking about it, allowing WotLK -> Cata transfer (that wouldn't be an easy option though, I'm just throwing random examples), really anything you could do would be better than ignoring the death of one of your realm. You still have players here desperately trying to save your own server ; what are you waiting for? As I said, small actions can have a huge impact on such a fragile realm.

So here they are, only a few suggestions that you guys can use, transform or adapt for the good of Neltharion but for the love of Thrall, please, don't ignore. This thread is mostly a wake up call. It doesn't take too much to at least try. It's not too late yet. In my desperate try to convince you, let me show you an example of what it feels to play Neltharion right now :

That's right, 6 hours waiting time for a Random Battleground. Literally 25% of an entire day. 8 players online (that's good because it was 3 about 25 minutes before I took the screenshot). I am playing an online game with only 8 players, how do you expect anyone to actually enjoy the realm? Ignoring such a situation is a shame. Compltely unedited screenshot, and I got more of those. Don't blame the players for leaving the realm, please : I have been trying to enter a simple battleground for more than 6 hours.

I hope this thread will make you change your mind about the current state of Neltharion. I am desperately trying to bring players all by myself as a casual players and I have been doing so for more than a year now. It's time to react and stop this by helping yourself. Critical situations require critical actions.

Thank you,
    A dedicated player.

2. +1 on this I have been playing Nelth since Molten, to see a once great server with thousands drop to just 5-8 people at night ... not fun. Something needs to be done

Thank you,
    A dedicated player.

3. I agree! People mostly left the realm because they didn't get any attention from Developers, not because server sucks. Really any kind of action would give you good results here, like what bothers me is that other Cataclysm servers that are 3x times more bugged have 20x times more players, and 50% of those players used to play on Neltharion. I hope you decide that this is in your best interest in every aspect of the job u are doing!

Sincerely yours,
    Dedicated player.

4. +1
    I've been playing Nelth since 2010 and I remember when you had to actually wait in ques to even get into the realm and now you wait in 3hour ques for a battleground.
    Bring back the good old Neltharion...we miss it Warmane.

-Candy (Moo)

5. The server must die, it is beyond repair.
    The only logical thing to do is to merge us with mop, or just refund coins spent on cata and delete that **** in hioe s it brings back the players that went on to other servers that may try mop or wrath with their new coins.

Whatever you do, with how low the pop is now any time spent working on neltharion is a waste, you could focus all dev work on it, and advertise, but it is still never going to flourish.

6. Or new realm? Ppl wanna play Cataclysm but not on Neltharion...

7. Or new realm? Ppl wanna play Cataclysm but not on Neltharion...
    Exactly. Molten, you should make a fresh fully scripted cata realm.
    Remember this?

8. If they do that then Frostwolf is going to die.
    Balance between Icecrown, Nelth and Frostwolf is what would be long term solution.

They need to find a way to move 4k players from IC to the other two.

With that both servers are going to be nice and IC won’t have queue or high ms.

9. +1 Even tho i dont play anymore on neltharion i conisder myself a active player of it , yea i kinda waited along time for something to happen to it and nothing happened to it just fake promises i'll look forward for some changes yet again server is beyond critical but that doesn't mean is unfixable .

A Dedicated Player.
    - Ignite ( Ereen )

10. Playing since 2010, Ignite still not fixed and I'm still here playing fire. I would like to keep playing here and the only thing that would make me leave is shutting it down.

11. It makes me sad to see the constant state of Neltharion. I remember playing back on 4.0.6 before they moved to the 4.3 patch. There's so few people that play, you would be hard pressed to find a single raid advertising during peak times. Since the state of the server is pretty extreme (I.e. it's disrupting normal play for whatever population is left), something needs to be done. Whether that includes a vendor for starter gear or shutting the server down to solely commit to other expansions (I don't see this likely, though so few people would be affected by this it, it probably wouldn't cause much of a stir), something has to be done.

There is no driving force to engage the current playerbase. The last changelog for Cataclysm was posted almost 9 months ago, the greater part of a year. That's incredibly slow progress on what is understood as a maintained realm. If the staff has no interest in continuing Cataclysm, it should be closed. As much as I would like a coin refund spent on Neltharion, I don't see that happening, which is a shame because while this problem is not solely on the staff, neglect does play a big role. If Warmane decides to keep Cataclysm open, they have a difficult choice to make on potential remedies, or not act, committing the server to destitution until there are no players left, which will cost Warmane in maintenance and upkeep costs to pay for a server no one plays on.

The bottom line is Warmane needs to come to a decision to help solve population and act. Who knows, maybe they will decide to keep it up to maintain all Expansions, and just eat the costs to keep it alive, although I will say, that population number on the front site doesn't reflect well when compared to the rest.

12. +1 !! I hope they read your Message Because i tried many times to write about this isuue but it ends up by deleting my posts . Anyway my point is Devs must at least show that they even care about the server existence Dungeons and raids are getting even more bugged these days ; players are leaving and getting bored 81 players online please no one can play like this and unless people dont react to this nothing will change .

13. Just play BG's while you still can, and enjoy PvE on Alliance side. There's nothing we can do other than wait what the future brings us.