1. I don't see any warriors doing this...

They all still stacking stam in their gem slots, not 10 dodge reds or 10 def yellows (which they would be if pure avoidance was their goal). The most I see tanks doing is switching rings/trinkets/cape and other lesser pieces of gear. Sun eater is less than 1% more avoidance than The Brutalizer or Unbreakable Will. So if threat is a huge issue, they could use a stronger weapon if they wanted to without losing too much, UNLESS.....

Are you confusing avoidance gear with passive uncrushable gear for Illidan's sheer? Are you a tank? Because you don't sound like one.

By the way, stacking avoidance gear and uncrushable gear was absolutely a huge trend on retail during t6. So you're basically complaining about a 100% blizzlike gearing philosophy. You can read all about in this enormous thread https://web.archive.org/web/20080913...warrior_guide/

Complaining about a hunter's ability to drop agro is like a shadow priest complaining that a warlock does more dps or something. The classes are just different, and some have clear advantages.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, as far as I know, there are no other fights where class stacking is necessary. I would be very interested to know what fights we've killed that we needed to stack certain classes for, even though we didn't for any of them, including council.
    You shouldn't have to wear avoidance gear when you overgear content. This has always been the case in WoW, vanilla through Legion. And there's absolutely no need for reaching "crush cap" on a protection warrior. Shield block guarantees you don't get crushed, and bosses like Illidan and Mother can't crush anyway.

2. You shouldn't have to wear avoidance gear when you overgear content. This has always been the case in WoW, vanilla through Legion. And there's absolutely no need for reaching "crush cap" on a protection warrior. Shield block guarantees you don't get crushed, and bosses like Illidan and Mother can't crush anyway.
    Passive uncrushable is for Illidan's sheer and bosses that thrash or dual wield. And before you say you don't technically need it for Illidan. Yes, I know that. It's not stopping almost every tank on the server from doing it.
    Edited: March 3, 2018

3. The content is currently tuned to provide a challenge retail has unfortunately failed to provide. There will most likely be no reductions in difficulty as they arent needed. Black temple was tuned for the gear that was available at the time of its release and it is possible to clear it without having the best in slot items at that time (t5 and hyjal).
    The tuning was done based on the performance of both the world first kills and the ptr runs in which the guilds participated (again, a big thank you to the guilds that participated). Each boss has specific requrements based on his mechanics and the difficulty steadily ramps up (najentus, supremus, akama, ros, bloodboil, gorefiend, mother, council, then illidan). As for the mentioned mother rng issue, it can be countered by high stamina tanks or tank swapping in moments of overlapping abilities, the cd is forgiving enough to allow that.

4. If youre actually aiming for passive uncrushability I hope your guild will find a new mt for sunwell lol

5. If youre actually aiming for passive uncrushability I hope your guild will find a new mt for sunwell lol
    Many tanks have it without even trying at this point because t6 gear is loaded with block rating. If you don't have it with your main set then you swap trinkets or something for certain fights.

You appear to be another "expert" on tanking who's clearly never played one in TBC and knows nothing about it. Also, only 1 boss in Sunwell is capable of crushing so that would be stupid anyway.

6. Many tanks have it without even trying at this point because t6 gear is loaded with block rating. If you don't have it with your main set then you swap trinkets or something for certain fights.

You appear to be another "expert" on tanking who's clearly never played one in TBC and knows nothing about it. Also, only 1 boss in Sunwell is capable of crushing so that would be stupid anyway.
    Can't really take you seriously if you insist on reaching crush cap as a protection warrior, sorry.

7. Can't really take you seriously if you insist on reaching crush cap as a protection warrior, sorry.
    Well ****, I guess every top guild on the server needs to kick out their main tanks because Lamarkey and Grebo know better.

8. Many tanks have it without even trying at this point because t6 gear is loaded with block rating. If you don't have it with your main set then you swap trinkets or something for certain fights.

I am missing 3 items from BT and my combined parry+dodge+block is at 77.257% so maybe you should get your **** together

9. I am missing 3 items from BT and my combined parry+dodge+block is at 77.257% so maybe you should get your **** together
    Plus 5% from scorpid sting, plus 5% from innate boss miss, plus 3% from grace of air, plus at least 7.5% from the miss your defense rating gives you. That puts you at 97.757%. How about buffs? Agi scroll? Fort flask? That's easily another few %. Guess what, you're about 1 block rating item away from passive uncrushable. You need to reach 102.4% for it. I guess by your own logic, your guild should replace you for Sunwell since you're basically uncrushable and you're not even in BiS gear. Better yet, they should replace you because you didn't even know that was the case.

I'm 89.46% miss/dodge/parry/block totally unbuffed in my normal gear, gemmed with straight stamina, with no special gear swaps. I'm missing 5 upgrades from BT. It's easy as **** to be passively uncrushable in t6.

10. shear cant miss bro
    So we are just talking about Illidan now, or being uncrushable in general?

11. I am not saying its impossible or hard to achieve passive uncrushability. But why aim for it when you can just press your damn shieldblock on shear (hint: illidan cant crush).

12. I am not saying its impossible or hard to achieve passive uncrushability. But why aim for it when you can just press your damn shieldblock on shear (hint: illidan cant crush).
    Yea obviously Illidan can't crush but there are other bosses where it is useful. Sanguinar, prince phase 2, maulgar phase 2, tanking multiple channelers on magtheridon, etc... Every tank should have a set for it even if they think they won't use it, imo.

Grebo it sounds like you're someone who tanks Illidan and Mother. Do you wear an avoidance set for it or just your normal gear set? That's what this conversation was about. I tried an avoidance set on mother and it just made it possible for me to be combo'd by a saber lash and a beam because my effective health wasn't high enough. In normal gear it took 3 damage sources to kill me (melee/lash/beam) and we've been killing her ever since. I don't see the value of avoidance gear on mother at this point. Maybe my gear isn't good enough yet.

And unless they fixed it (they may have) Illidan suffers from dual wield miss penalty so you shouldn't even need to wear avoidance gear to avoid the vast majority of his damage.

13. We have our druid tank mother. Hes got about 24k fully buffed. personally Im not a fan of full avoidance gear because in a long fight like on Illidan you will eat 2 consecutive hits at some point.
    As an offtank on mother however I use maximum avoidance to reduce the overall healing required.

First 1234 ... Last