1. We have our druid tank mother. Hes got about 24k fully buffed. personally Im not a fan of full avoidance gear because in a long fight like on Illidan you will eat 2 consecutive hits at some point.
    As an offtank on mother however I use maximum avoidance to reduce the overall healing required.
    Idk why I assumed you tank mother. I see guilds go about 50/50 on druid and warrior tanks for her. Avoidance for absorbing the lash definitely makes sense as long as you have the HP to survive a lash plus a sinful beam. Which I'm sure you do.

2. No tank should have 20k health while tanking her. Is he missing buffs? Commanding fell off? Imp was misplaced or the lock died? If the tank had 1096 more health then he would have survived those hits for at least another 2 or 2.5 seconds, so a heal could land. Is this on a bear or a warrior tank? A warrior should be shield blocking even though she doesn't crush imo, just to take ~500 damage off every swing. I know blocked hits don't show on recount though.

There's 2 seconds in between swings.... it looks like Tclap fall off her? I think it should be ~2.5 seconds between swings if she was debuffed correctly. I've been combo'd by a lash, a melee swing, and a beam before. But I see a lot here that reasonably explains this tank death.

Lark I don't know if you're the one tanking this or if someone in your guild is. But you seem to think that avoidance gear is necessary on this fight judging by your previous posts. I (mistakenly) thought the same for a while. And if you (or your tank) really does have just 20k health then I can see why you're struggling. I made a whole avoidance set just for this fight in particular. It wasn't working, and as soon as I switched back to regular gear we killed her in two tries. We just don't have the hp to make full avoidance gear set effective yet on this fight. It would only be better if you could survive two hits while wearing it (and therefore it took 3 hits to kill you), but as you can see in your screenshot that is not the case. As soon as we can reach ~22k with avoidance gear then maybe it's worth trying again. But a 2 hit RNG death due to sacrificing 3k hp for a few extra avoidance % is not worth it IMO. As soon as you see you can be 2 shot by a mob you need to increase your HP so that isn't a possibility anymore. Especially on a 10 minute fight where you ARE going to be hit back to back at least a few times. Plus there is sinful beam which is, more often than not, the real reason for tank deaths - just because it combos with other attacks in such a small amount of time. And that can't be avoided.
    Edited: March 8, 2018

3. Dunno what to say here... Mother seems to be the "major issue" on the server, because her melee damage has just been recklessly toyed with to "make the fight harder".. that's not how you make a fight hard (Please learn from Blizzard's mistakes, RNG dependant fights are NOT how you improve content).

We have a Druid tank it also, he's in near BiS gear, armor capped clearly, with all possible debuffs on the boss. He occasionally just gets globalled. Don't even think of keeping a druid alive through the mandatory enrage without getting insanely lucky with dodges.
    If you wanted to increase the fight difficult,y then you probably up the rate of Fatal Attractions by 1-2 seconds to provide more movement, and more raid damage.. you do NOT make it so that there is an UNCOUNTERABLE WAY for your tank to just get popped. It's RNG, and it's not fun... It's like a DK tanking Algalon, only it happens with every tank available.

It shows something that every single top guild (Seriously, they all stream), and this boss is the RNG cockblock of the instance for every one of them.

Council enrage is ok, if you survive the fight the enrage is trivial. The RNg factor there is Envenom + Priest/Mage damage at the same time randomly raping people, but that's NOT the tank. When the main tank dies at any fight, **** will hit the fan. THAT is the problem with Mother, is that once the tank dies it's unrecoverable, it's a 100% wipe, and it's all down to RNG.

4. 2 seconds and only a renew tick? Maybe tell your healers to precast or have them spamheal.

Yes Mother can insta kill with bad luck, getting 2 hits in 0.2 seconds for example. But you shouldn't wipe because of something like that. Makes the fight way more enjoyable...

5. We have a Druid tank it also, he's in near BiS gear, armor capped clearly, with all possible debuffs on the boss. He occasionally just gets globalled. Don't even think of keeping a druid alive through the mandatory enrage without getting insanely lucky with dodges.
    I strongly feel that a warrior is the correct class to tank her on this server. Maybe it's counter-intuitive since she doesn't crush. But with the amount of heals the tank should be getting, he should always have the 25% armor buff from either a priest or a shaman, and that will give a warrior more mitigation than a druid (adding shield block and mitigation from defensive stance). Plus a warrior can shield wall for 15 seconds of her 20 second enrage, making it essentially a free kill as long as you can make it to 10%. Whereas a druid tank can often just die at 10%... but with a warrior tank it actually gets easier to heal at that point.

6. I strongly feel that a warrior is the correct class to tank her on this server.
    Hm, dunno....we're killing her with a druid tank without having any issues (more threat more pewpew).

7. Hm, dunno....we're killing her with a druid tank without having any issues (more threat more pewpew).
    This is a good point but it doesn't matter if the dps isn't threat capped. Nobody is threat capped when I tank as a warrior, except the feral druid offtank. Even more reason for a warrior to main tank this imo - because as an offtank the druid can take over if your main tank gets RNG'd. They put a soulstone on me just in case I die. The Druid has second agro if that happens, and he can finish tanking the fight with me as an offtank for the rest of it. There's no way a warrior offtank would be capable of staying second on agro. It basically gives you two chances to keep the MT alive.

Plus a druid as offtank can battle rez and innervate people in between saber lashes, but with him as main tank you're just forfeiting both of those CDs.

8. Warriors get merked by her more often than a druid outside of the enrage, that's why people use a Druid.

Either way, doesn't matter what you use, they still have the possibility of being RNG 1 popped and there is literally not a thing you can do to stop it.

Slot machine bosses aren't fun, they're not "challenging", that's like saying the Lottery is challenging. A challenge is something that is skill based, but can be outskilled. When it's dependant on luck, it's not challenging, it's exactly that.. "luck".

9. 2 seconds and only a renew tick? Maybe tell your healers to precast or have them spamheal.

Yes Mother can insta kill with bad luck, getting 2 hits in 0.2 seconds for example. But you shouldn't wipe because of something like that. Makes the fight way more enjoyable...
    Healers can get knocked up mid cast.

10. Tier 6 is very doable, clearing BT in around 4 hours including few wipes.

11. Tier 6 is very doable, clearing BT in around 4 hours including few wipes.
    Yeah it would be even faster if those wipes didn't occur because of unavoidable RNG bull****

12. LoL, RNG? rly? 2 seconds without heals. Your healers just slackers OR they tired. Mother hits around 8-9k by melee swing and 10k by saber lash. Tank died only if he takes 3 hits at 1 time (melee swing, saber lash, sinful beam).

If your tank dies from 2 hits so "You are not prepared"

13. I think a 20k hp tank on mother is the real problem here. If he can be two shot then he shouldn't main tanking. Or change gear, fix buffs, etc..

First 12345 Last